Yummy All Natural Salsa

November 15th, 2007 · 7 Comments

This weekend when we were at Costco they were doing one of their feature product tastings for a new salsa. My husband and I both tried it and were really glad we did. The name of this oh-so-delicious salsa is ‘Jack’s Special Medium Salsa’ made by Garden Fresh Gourmet. They describe it as “Southwestern-style salsa with extra cilantro.” And it’s all natural – yes, that’s right, you can actually pronounce and are familiar with all of the ingredients (all 13 of them). As the name implies, it is medium on the spicy scale but you could easily add a little fire to it with some Tabasco or cayenne pepper.

It’s got a really great flavor, even without the heat. Fresh veggies and a nice subtle lime flavor make it seem just like something I’d make at home (if I weren’t so lazy). And at only $4.99 for 48 0z (1360 grams) it’s an outstanding deal!

Tags: Food Share

1. 1 SteveMoses // 2014.04.20 at 1:47 pm

I want to add to what G posted. The best salsa ever in a bottle is Mateo’s Gourmet Salsa. Everyone raves about it at our home parties. You can order the product direct from Mateo’s web site but it’s cheaper at Costco and no shipping. Pair it up with Kirkland Mission Totorilla Strips and you have a winner! About Pace… Battery acid? I agree; who eats that stuff, yuk!

• 2 Lili // 2017.06.20 at 5:33 pm

I recently had a sample of Mateo’s salsa (medium) at Costco and had to bring a bottle home. Now that I have it at home I don’t want to stop eating it. Definitely what it says on the label, “Not responsible for obsession”. The salsa is flavorful, not watered down. It tastes very fresh, unlike many others that taste like they have been cooked… Probably for preservation. Definitely authentic. I am surprised at how great taste is especially when I read the Nutritional Facts and Ingredients. Although it’s only 10 cal per serving the sodium content is 210 mg. It’s still not perfect or considered the healthiest but it is one of the lower sodium content Salsa for such a great flavor and only the essential ingredients.
      Thank you Mateo’s for making the salsa and thank you to Costco for bringing this Delicious Salsa to your members.

2. 3 Vita // 2012.10.22 at 4:29 pm

I am absolutely obsessed with Jacks salsa..I eat it with just a spoon. Our Costco stopped selling it….where can I buy it her in NJ?

3. 4 High Desert // 2011.10.15 at 9:53 am

In Albuquerque, New Mexico, Costco sold their Kirkland brand of salsa for about 6 months (2009?), then it disappeared from their shelves. No amount of requests brought it back. Too bad, since all they have now is Pace, or another brand that tastes like battery acid. Was there really not enough demand here? Very strange marketing.

4. 5 G // 2011.05.30 at 11:29 pm

COSTCO now carries THE BEST salsa i have EVER tried! Its called Mateo’s Gourmet Salsa, and they have the medium heat level! It is amazing, fresh, and definately beats all of the other brands they have in the store! Definately worth trying if you haven’t become addicted already! Big hit at a recent party we had, too!

5. 6 johnjr // 2010.02.11 at 10:13 am

Jack’s is way too sweet for our tastes. Our absolute favorite was the Santa Barbara Deli Style that Costco used to carry. We haven’t found anything to match it since they quit carrying it. (Oddly, they still carry the Santa Barbara Mango salsa.) Heck, we even like it better than our own homemade salsa. Costco’s Kirkland Organic Salsa is just too salty and is of the shelf-stable variety – which simply doesn’t compare to fresh.

6. 7 joe // 2009.12.19 at 8:42 pm

the best store made salsa i have ever had was the del sol brand at costco. blows jack’s special salsa away. the only store i have seen this salsa are in las vegas, not available in the midwest.