In the News: New Locations

February 18th, 2008 · 19 Comments

Costco is looking to open stores in 3 Australian cities in 2009 – Sydney, Brisbane, and Melbourne. Current speculation is that the first to open will be in Melbourne’s Docklands project Waterfront City. Read more about Costco’s plans in Australia here:

Costco also have it’s eye on a new location at the Paradise Valley Mall to serve the northeast Phoenix, Arizona area. Costco will be one of the anchor stores for the mall and is expected to draw alot of customers to the mall.

Also, Costco has also announced that their new store in Middleton, Wisconsin will be opening in July 2008.  For a list of additional stores opening in 2008, check out my previous post.

Tags: General · In the News Share

1. 1 ted morgan // 2013.04.27 at 3:04 pm

New Costco in Ukiah calif. Permits have been approved

2. 2 Andres // 2012.06.16 at 1:11 pm

muy post!! gracias por la info…. Los Saludos desde Argentina.

3. 3 Mike Olejnicak // 2011.04.07 at 9:14 pm

I’m looking for any confirmation of a Costco coming to Brainerd/Baxter MN across the street from Home Depot.

4. 4 Jeanette Ross // 2011.03.03 at 12:46 am

I heard that a Costco is going to be built North of Kansas City, MO off of Hwy. 152 & I-29 , is this true?? I hope so.

5. 5 Andy McCaughey // 2010.05.04 at 2:33 pm

Heard rumors of a Costco being built in Courtney/Comox area of British Columbia.Could this be true?

6. 6 JoeV // 2010.02.10 at 11:28 am

Has the COSTCO being built in Newburgh, Ny been dropped from their new store list?

7. 7 Dale Russell // 2010.01.11 at 9:22 pm

Does Costco have plans to move into the Knoxville, TN area anytime in the near future?

8. 8 jl // 2009.10.12 at 10:57 am

Will there be a Costco built in Apex NC ? If, so when ?

9. 9 Jo Anne Granger // 2009.08.13 at 4:54 pm

Are there any future plans for opening a Costco warehouse in Casa Grande, AZ (Pinal County) ? There is a new Westcor Mall and there have been rumors that Costco is going to build there. Any news? We would be ever so eager to hear a positive answer to this. Thanks.

10. 10 Dennis // 2009.07.24 at 4:51 pm

I was wondering if you had heard anything about the proposed opening of Costco at North Dekalb Mall in Atlanta, GA? There has been talk about it for several years but there seemed to be some type of zoning issues with putting a gas station in. If you know of anything I would appreciate it!

11. 11 mike // 2009.07.23 at 1:12 am

Construction to begin shortly on a new Costco store in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada at the Corbett Centre adjacent to The Home Depot.

12. 12 Carole White // 2009.07.07 at 11:24 am

I have heard that Costco is being built on Rt. 192 in Melbourne, Fl., is this correct?

13. 13 Kimberly // 2009.05.07 at 11:18 am

Mike, I can’t seem to find any news regarding the Manchester, Mo location. I’ll try asking the folks at Costco but sometimes they don’t like to share information until a store is ready to open.

14. 14 Mike // 2009.05.07 at 9:58 am

Is there any new information on the Costco in Manchester, Mo. The site has been cleared for about 18 months. The SuperWalmart that was announced at the same time as the Costco (and is going up on the sam property development) is nearly complete. It does not appear any work has even started beyond the site grading which was completed in the fall. The last posting I saw was that the mayor of manchester said groundbreaking would begin in March of 2009. Obviously, this did not occur.

15. 15 Renus // 2009.03.22 at 8:51 pm

Hi, just wondering if Costco will ever open in Brisbane, Australia. I think Brisbane should come next instead of Sydney because we have great locations here and lots of space compared to Sydney.

16. 16 Mike Schrader // 2008.10.16 at 12:50 am

We are trying to find out if Costco will be doing anymore stores in Central Oregon. My daughters boyfriend works for them and we are trying to get them to move closer to home. Have you heard anything?

17. 17 Kimberly // 2008.08.13 at 9:59 am

Hey Colleen, you should check out my Costco Locations page for the latest info on upcoming store openings and plans for expansion. It’s where I try to post the latest news and information that I come across regarding new locations.

As far as applying for a position, you can view all of the employment information and even apply for a job online for an existing location on the Costco.com website. They do say that for locations that haven’t opened yet, you can apply online 12 weeks before the store actually opens.

Hope that information helps!

18. 18 colleen ford // 2008.08.09 at 9:40 am

I am hoping for information about Costco opening a store in Sault Ste. Marie On. If your company is opening one here when and how due you apply for a position in your company.

Colleen Ford

19. 19 K.M. // 2008.06.18 at 11:02 am

As a former and future employee of Costco with acquaintances who run the gamut of run of the mill employees and executives alike, I know that there is going to be a Costco store opening in Lake Charles Illinois in October, and possibly another in December in the Chicago-area. Hope that helps fellow Costcophiles, who enjoy shopping ther as I do.