Costco Coupon Book – April 4 – April 20, 2008

April 1st, 2008 · 9 Comments

If you’ve been anxiously awaiting the next book of coupons from Costco, the wait is over! Sadly, you’ve only got 16 days to enjoy the bargains, so don’t hesitate and waste time.

So, what are the good bargains? Here are my picks:

Electronics:

• $ 20 off Two HP Ink Cartridge Pakcs or Two HP Toners – Depending on which type of toner or ink you get the price is between $40 – $60 dollars per pack. So, if you need this kind of ink it would be a good deal.
  • $50 off Sharp 19″ LCD HDTV – If you’re looking for one of these, this is the time to buy one. I believe these are around $350 at our local Costco. I tried to look online but couldn’t find this particular size in the Sharp.

Household Items:

• $2 off Charmin Ultra Bath Tissue – Everyone uses it, so you might as well stock up. The Costco pack contains 30 jumbo rolls, which will take a bit of storage, but can keep multiple bathrooms stocked up for quite some time.
  • $2 off Bounty Paper Towels – I am a paper towel person. I love them and use them all the time for cleaning type things, as well as napkins or when microwaving to cover things that might splatter. So, in my house we always stock up on paper towels when Costco has a coupon for them. Costco has 12 rolls in their pack.
  • $2 off Vanity Fair Luncheon or Dinner Napkins – The luncheon napkins come in a pack of 600 and the dinner napkins come in a pack of 200. I really like these napkins because they are a nice weight, folded in quarters, and have a nice little embossed design. They are nice and soft too!
  • $2.50 off Pam Cooking Spray – This is great, as most everyone knows, for spraying a little oil on fish, or chicken before baking. It’s also great for spraying your bakeware. I use it all the time, so it is nice to have 2 or 3 cans so you don’t have to worry about running out right when you need it most.
  • $2.50 off Scotch Lint Rollers – Have a cat or a dog? Then you need these to keep your clothes and house hair free. These come in a pack of 5, so you can put one in your car and still have plenty in your house for a couple of rooms.
  • $3 off Aquafresh Advanced or Sensodyne Extra Whitening Toothpaste – The Aquafresh comes in a 5 packs and the Sensodyne comes in a 3 pack. Toothpaste is kind of like toilet paper, you should stock up when it is on sale because you’re going to use it eventually. There’s also a coupon for $2.50 off Listerine Mouthwash 2 packs, so you can have complete mouth freshness.
  • There are several coupons for soap (seems like Costco is trying to tell its customers something, huh?) – $2 off a 20 pack of Irish Spring, $3 off 14 pack of Dove bars, $3 off 16 pack of Lever 2000 bars, $3 off 1 gallon of Dial anti-bacterial liquid soap, as well as 2 pack of 24 oz Dove body wash.

Costco.com:

• There are several coupons for furniture, electronics, gym equipment, even a 6 person spa. There’s a great coupon for $300 off a chromatherapy soaker tub for $999.99.

Best Deal in the Coupon Book:

• Costco.com - KitchenAid 475-watt Mixer$35 off KitchenAid 475-Watt Professional Stand Mixer – This is one of the BEST deals you can find on this mixer anywhere. The normal price of this at Costco.com, which includes shipping, is $299.99 and that actually beats the prices on any of the online sites I’ve found by $20 to $40. And when you take into account the cost of shipping…that’s beyond a bargain!! And that doesn’t even take into account the $35 off. If you’ve never had one of these, they are really the best mixer around. There’s a reason all of the chefs on television have one. This is the one thing in the coupon book that you absolutely should buy (well, if you don’t have one already). You can often find these mixers at your local Costco warehouse too.

Tags: Coupons · Decorating · Electronics · Food · Health & Beauty Share

1. 1 Justin // 2008.05.06 at 8:13 pm

Yeah, I was there on Sunday and asked about the book. She said that she had no idea. The next day it arrives in the mail!

2. 2 Kimberly // 2008.05.06 at 3:06 pm

That’s a really great idea. Everyone is always trying to figure out how often or when the next coupon book is coming out and for some reason they are very coy about telling you this at Costco (or maybe the people I’ve been asking just don’t know).

3. 3 Justin // 2008.05.06 at 2:29 pm

New Coupon book out – yay! Digital camera deals.

Starts May 15th. Hmmm, The last one ended April 20? That’s a mere 35 days apart. You should start tracking this with a downloadable spreadsheet!

4. 4 Justin // 2008.05.01 at 10:48 pm

Aha! Gray market clothing! I haven’t been clothes shopping in forever due to spending all my money on house stuff, but I seem to recall some very good looking deals on “designer” stuff.

I rarely go through the clothing/decorating aisle. I’ll have to check it out.

Well, we definitely had coupons to use in February and then in April.

I hope we get coupons this month that start in June. I’m hoping for some awesome buys!

5. 5 Kimberly // 2008.05.01 at 10:07 am

I haven’t been able to figure out a patten yet to the Costco coupon books yet. I think it might be once per quarter but that is just pure, sketchy memory conjecture. It’s great to have those though because they make some things just total steals.

The ‘treasure hunt’ items can be found anywhere in the store and are usually just great things that Costco will have for a very limited time. I think you can find a lot of these in the home decorating aisles as well as the clothing section. For instance, they had True Religion jeans at our Costco last week. It’s just things that you might stumble across, that you’re not really looking for, that are unbelievable bargains…or treasure. :-)

6. 6 Justin // 2008.04.28 at 8:21 am

Hi,

I’ve been using costco actively since January to stock up on just about everything. Do you know how often the coupon books come out?

I’m trying to determine if there is a pattern or if they are random. Going to Costcos without that book is just not as fun.

In addition, I read about Costco “treasure hunting” by finding products that have a limited availability and are around for just a few days or a week. Where are these products normally stocked? I see the same old stuff just about everytime save for the seasonal stuff in the front and middle rear.

7. 7 Kimberly // 2008.04.23 at 11:38 am

Unfortunately, the last coupon book just expired. However, if you’re a Costco member you should be getting them in the mail. If you don’t you should contact the Customer Service people at your local Costco or through Costco.com to get that straightened out. Otherwise, you can sometimes get a coupon book from your local warehouse. Also, I’ve noticed that often they will have the coupon book at the check out and scan them for me, even if I forgot to bring my coupons.

8. 8 leilani wong // 2008.04.21 at 2:04 pm

i would like to get a free coupon book.

9. 9 This Week at Costco - March 30 2008 // 2008.04.04 at 11:40 am