Calories in 16″ Costco Pizzas

June 3rd, 2008 · 36 Comments

A couple of months ago, Dave did his own research to figure out the calorie information for a 16″ Pepperoni pizza from Costco (you can read about his findings in this post). However, so many people keep searching for the information and wanting it for all of the other pizzas too, I finally contacted Costco in an effort to get the definitive answer on calorie and nutritional information for their pizzas. They were kind enough to provide it to me and I’ve put it all into a handy Google spreadsheet to allow everyone to see it. So, no more wondering about the number of calories, how many pieces you can eat, or just how much sodium is in a serving; it’s all in the spreadsheet. I think I’ve got all of the pizza varieties that I’ve seen at our Costco, and there are even one or two I’ve never seen, like the Ranch Chicken Pizza.

Were there any surprises? No, not really. All of the pizzas have less than 400 calories per slice, with the Cheese pizza the highest in calories (360 calories) and the Combo (270 calories) and Hawaiian (300 calories) having the least. Since the serving sizes weren’t the same for all of the pizzas, I figured out the calories per gram or ounce for each pizza variety so it is much easier to see which one really has the fewest calories, regardless of the serving size.

Here’s the URL for the spreadsheet (you should be able to view it whether you have a Google account or not): http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=py1XOAFfFke8EOHd46NqCBA

I do want to point out that these are the 16″ pizzas that you buy back in the Costco Deli area, and are not the 18″ pizzas that they sell in the Costco food court (at least they are still serving the bigger sized pizzas at our food court).

I’m hoping to add calorie information for bagels and the Costco Bakery cakes, as well, in the next few weeks.  If you have something from the Costco Deli or Bakery that you’d like nutrition and calorie information for, just let me know and I can try to find out and add it too.

Tags: Food · Health & Beauty Share

1. 1 Virgil // 2014.07.04 at 6:59 pm

The Kcal designation is misleading. A Kcal is considered to be 1,000 calories, so if a slice of pizza is 360 Kcal for a 154 g cheese slice, that would mean the slice has 360,000 calories — much too dangerous to eat. Did you mean 0.360 Kcal or should it be 360 Calories?

• 2 Kimberly // 2014.07.05 at 4:21 am

@Virgil – That’s what you’d think, isn’t it? But actually a kCal is the equivalent of what is commonly referred to as Calorie with regards to the energy values of nutrition or food items. Technically, a kilogram calorie or “large” calorie is 1,000 “small” calories aka gram calories, however, a gram calorie is not used as a measure of nutritional energy.

2. 3 Quinne // 2013.10.12 at 10:14 am

Thanks for this information!

So I have read the spreadsheet and the comments and I am still trying to figure out how many calories in 1/8th of the cheese pizza. That is how my husband cut it up last night for dinner and I only ate one slice knowing there is a lot of calories. But then I realized that your spreadsheet was indicating 360 calories for 1/12th of the pizza.

So is that information on the serving correct? If that is the case then 1/12th is 360 calories then the whole pizza is 4320 and then divide that back by 8 = 540 calories?! Yikes.

• 4 Kimberly // 2013.10.13 at 5:13 am

@Quinne – The spreadsheet is correct and direct from Costco. The pizza is not what you might call low-cal or weightloss friendly. The pizzas that aren’t just cheese are lower in calories because they put so so much cheese on the all cheese pizza, and of course, they use really good cheese too. Delicious, but fatty. But then too, they are also really huge pizzas with a 16″ diameter, so the pieces are quite large as a result of that diameter.

3. 5 Laurie // 2013.02.24 at 8:01 pm

Whoops, I mean Leslie. Sorry,Ben!

4. 6 Laurie // 2013.02.24 at 7:59 pm

Nope, not 1/8, Ben, it’s 1/10. My pizza says 52 oz., so the spreadsheet is right. 1/8 would be 375 calories. Thanks for doing this!

5. 7 Kim // 2013.01.04 at 6:14 pm

Just want to say thank you for taking the time to contact Costco and making the effort give the calorie content of certain Kirkland foods. I am a constant Costco shopper and the information you supplied is extremely helpful, thank you again

• 8 Kimberly // 2013.01.05 at 5:40 am

@Kim – Thanks so much for the nice words! I’m glad that you’ve found the nutrition information so helpful. Hopefully I’ll get some of it updated this year, making it even more helpful.

6. 9 Leslie // 2012.06.24 at 9:32 am

I followed to this link from an earlier post in which you noted that it seems natural to divide the 16″ take and bakes into 8 slices. I agree.

Just got one last night and the weight printed on it is 44 oz. So divide that by 8 and you get 5.5 ounces, which is the serving size listed on the spreadsheet. NOT TWELVE, but eight. Now the numbers make sense. Per-serving calories are for 1/8 of a pizza.

The # servings listed here is just incorrect, I believe.

7. 10 Ben // 2012.04.19 at 3:35 pm

Ok on second thought (maybe more), If Costco calculated their data on 1/16 of the ingredients in the whole thing,which they probably did to get the calories per serving down, then their data (in the spreadsheet) needs to be multiplied by 1 and 1/3.. Calories are now 360, etc. Their only piece of “accurate” data would still be 4.5 oz per serving.. Guess it wasn’t enuff said after all, probably never will be .. Ben in Kona