Calorie Spreadsheet Updated – Cakes & Bagels

July 15th, 2008 · 18 Comments

Okay, I’ve been slacking and procrastinating about updating the spreadsheet of Costco calories for long enough.  This morning I finally added in the information I had received from Costco regarding the nutritional information for a variety of their cakes and bagels.  So, I’ve added sheets for each of these categories to the Google Docs spreadsheet that I had created a while back for the 16″ pizzas.

Since it really is quite obvious that no one is eating a piece of cake for the healthfulness, you won’t be shocked to see the calorie and nutrition information for any of these items.  I was a bit surprised that the news wasn’t worse actually.   It still turns out that the worst Costco cake you can eat is the Cinnamon Butter Pound Coffeecake (read my earlier post about why you might want to blow your diet for it).  There’s just no getting around that one; at almost 115 calories an ounce it is even a bit worse than the Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese frosting (109 calories per ounce).  Almost all of the cakes have around 100 calories per ounce though, so certainly, none will be on your low cal diet plan.

With regards to the bagels, you won’t be too surprised here either.  The Whole Grain bagel is the lowest in calories at just 300 and the Chocolate Chip is the highest at 340 calories.  All of the other bagels come in at 330 calories, so there isn’t a grand calorie difference between any of them really.  If only Chocolate Chips had higher nutritional value….well, that would just be my dream world.  But alas, that is not the case so I’m sure we can all figure out that the Whole Grain bagel wins the overall nutrition prize here.  Unfortunately, I don’t have serving sizes in grams or ounces for the bagels, so it is hard to compare them directly to someplace like Einstein Brothers.

Go check out the spreadsheet for the complete nutritional information low down on the pizzas, cakes, and bagels from Costco.

By the way, I am also trying to get the nutritional information for the muffins, cookies, and the rotisserie chicken wrap, as well as some of the other prepared foods to add to the spreadsheet soon.

Tags: Food · Health & Beauty Share

1. 1 Insane // 2013.11.15 at 5:19 am

i must be insane

chocolate chip bagel has more fat AND more sugar than plain bagels.

yet has only 10 more calories than plain?

who fabricated these numbers anyway?

i guess people are now perfectly medicated enough that they can’t tell the difference real info and fake ones.

oh, who am i kidding. Costco is in it for the money just like the rest of us.

2. 2 Lori G. in Southern CA // 2013.06.01 at 5:09 pm

The spread sheet only has info on the pizza. Where is calorie and other nutritional info on sheet cake, etc?

• 3 Kimberly // 2013.06.02 at 9:13 pm

@Lori G. – There are tabs at the bottom that you can use to navigate to the worksheets containing information about bagels, cakes, etc.

• 4 Lori G. in Southern CA // 2013.06.04 at 1:12 am

Kim, I do not see any tabs at the bottom of the page to navigate for the information I’m asking about. Please help.

• 5 Kimberly // 2013.06.04 at 1:47 am

@Lori – I don’t really understand how you’re not seeing the tabs. Maybe it’s a weird Google documents thing if you’re not signed in. I just signed out to check it and I still see the tabs. There are definitely 4 tabs to the spreadsheet and they show up at the very bottom of the Google Docs screen and stay in place at the bottom no matter what line you are on as well. I’ve checked it in both Chrome and Safari, signed in to Google and not, and always have the tabs available. I’m not really sure what your issue could be without more details. Sorry.

3. 6 Costco US Bakery Sheet Cake Order Form | Addicted To Costco! // 2013.05.30 at 8:30 pm

[...] Calorie Spreadsheet Updated – Cakes & Bagels [...]

4. 7 Cara Tenuta // 2013.02.12 at 11:34 am

Feb 12, 2013. I just got off the phone with Costco Customer Service (800-955-2292). There is no option to ask a question so I went to memebrship and fianlly got an option to hit Zero and speak with a human. I ASKED WHY THERE IS NO NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION ON COSTCO’S BAKED GOODS (breads, cakes, cookies croissants). I was told that “that is how we save money”. When I mentioned that there are over 11 million diabetics in the US that might want to eat a Costco croissant, but can’t because the package does not tell how many carbihydrates the croissant has, the response I got was silence… I asked both the Bakery Goods Manager and a Customer Service Rep at the Pentagon City/Arlington, VA store today why there was no nutritional information on the backed goods and both indicated that there should be. The BVakery Manger said hesuggested when he started working there, to no avail. The CS rep thought the info should be on the package. My point is IF COSTCO WILL NOT PROVIDE THE BASIC NUTRITIONAL INFO ON ITS FOOD, THEN WHY ARE WE BUYING IT? The nutritional info is on food packages so you can make smart food choices when you are in the store, not after you have gone home and spent hours looking for info in the Internet. If they will not tell you the basic info for something that they sell for you to eat, don’t buy it. I really don’t appreciate Costco mistaking me for someone who is too stupid or lazy to read the labels on the package of food they are trying to sell to me.

• 8 Lori G. in Southern CA // 2013.06.02 at 9:59 pm

I agree with Cara 100% as far as nutritional info being on all Costco/Kirkland

5. 9 rachael // 2012.05.17 at 3:49 pm

do you have calorie counts for other kirkland brand products – like the chicken salad, etc?

6. 10 Matt // 2011.12.24 at 12:52 pm

It’s awesome that you put this together. I’m pretty surprised that the delicious cheese bagels only have 1.5g of fat vs. 5g in the whole grain. Is the cheese made of plastic or something?

• 11 Kimberly // 2012.01.08 at 7:07 am

@Matt – LOL My guess is that the cheese isn’t plastic. But really, there isn’t a whole lot on there anyway since they just sprinkle it over the top in a thin layer so it probably doesn’t add all that much fat. It could also be that it is a really hard, naturally low-fat cheese, you know like Parmesan or something like that.

7. 12 Donna // 2011.10.31 at 9:49 am

I wish they would put nutrition labels on the food in the Costco bakery and nutrition information online for both the bakery and food court items.

8. 13 bgwillia // 2011.09.08 at 6:44 am

I like to thank you for your service in providing this food guide. I visit Costo about once a month to refill prescriptions and always get something at the food court. Last night it was the chicken bake and berry sunday and tried to find out the calories to add to my diet diary. As much as I enjoy the items, those two alone would almost equal a 1400 calorie a day diet. But that doesn’t mean I’m giving them up, just have them for a “splurge” day once a month.

9. 14 Carrie // 2011.06.17 at 3:21 pm

I just moved and the Costco by me has a much smaller bakery and they’re just not as good as the one I used to go to. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a chocolate chip bagel here.

10. 15 Lindsey // 2010.11.01 at 10:50 pm

Has anyone found the nutrition info on the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cookies?

11. 16 Bookmarks about Spreadsheet // 2008.08.17 at 9:05 pm

[...] – bookmarked by 1 members originally found by taharishi on 2008-07-23 Calorie Spreadsheet Updated – Cakes & Bagels http://addictedtocostco.com/2008/07/15/calorie-spreadsheet-updated-cakes-bagels/ – bookmarked by 2 [...]

12. 17 Kimberly // 2008.07.15 at 12:44 pm

Right, those are the take and bake pizzas you can buy in the fridge section of the store. The ones they sell in the Costco food court are 18″ pizzas and have a different crust and sauce.

13. 18 FlatGreg // 2008.07.15 at 12:42 pm

Regarding the pizza calories – is that for the take & bake pizzas?