I hope everyone got their Thanksgiving weekend savings coupons. In Austin, they were only handing them out at the store. This seems to be all about electronics since out of the 24 coupons half of them are televisions or computer items; the rest are a mix of things like a digital picture frame. There are definitely some nice deals on things that would make really great gifts. There are also 11 online sales items listed as well; but these sales are good through December 15th, so that is a little more time to shop than just this weekend. Also, Costco will be handing out their latest cookbook, “In the Kitchen: The Costco Way”, which contains 280 recipes. It’s free but only while supplies last. And lastly, Costco will be opening an hour earlier at 9 am on Friday.
Electronics: Since so much of this coupon book seems to fall into this category, I’m going to lead with it.
- Televisions – There are three coupons for televisions; 2 of which are full 1080p resolution. There is an enormous 65″ Sharp Aquos 1080p LCD HDTV with 3 HDMI inputs that is $300 off. That is a mammoth television! If that is too large for your taste, or room, you can step down to the very similar but smaller 52″ Sharp Aquos. It is also a 1080p LCD HDTV with 3 HDMI inputs and a $300 off coupon. The other coupon is for $100 off of a Vizio 37″ LCD HDTV with 2 HDMI inputs, however, the resolution is only 1366 x 768. This resolution means that the television is going to always be doing some scaling of the picture since natively it is neither 720p or 1080i. The only other television related coupon is for $40 off of a flat panel television stand. Of course, it is only good for televisions up to 50″ so you can’t get one of the big Sharp televisions and this stand.
- Computer Items – There are a few things for the computer person on your gift list too. An HP C5550 A10Printer that can print from Bluetooth-enabled devices or directly from memory cards. It also allows you to edit the prints through the printer on the small 2.4″ color display. The coolest feature though, may be the ability to print labels or images directly onto your CDs or DVDs. The coupon is for $40 off which will make your price $74.99. You can also save $20 when you buy two HP Ink Cartridges that you’ll need for your new printer. There’s also a $30 off coupon for a portable 320GB Western Digital hard drive that makes it just $89.99. Remember when hard drive space and memory used to be expensive? And if you really want to buy something special for your computer, to show it how much you care, get the gigantic Samsung 23″ widescreen monitor for just $259.99 after the $70 coupon. They don’t specify a resolution in the coupon book though, so you might want to make sure that it is up to your standards.
- Music Players – Unfortunately, there’s no coupon for an iPod of any variety in here. However, there are some coupons for things that would be a nice accessory for one. There’s $7 off an iTunes $60 gift card pack (four, $15 cards), making the price just $49.99. And another little gift for the iPod lover in the family is the iHome iH27 portable speaker system complete with travel pouch for just $49.99 after the $20 off coupon. There is also a coupon for the SanDisk Sansa Fuze MP3 player; it plays music, videos, photos and audiobooks, as well as FM radio. It will even do voice recording with the built-in microphone for just $55.99 with the $40 off coupon.
- Cameras & Photos – There is just a single camera coupon in here. It is for $30 off of an Olympus FE-370 8.0 MP digital camera; the final price is $119.99. The camera has 5x optical zoom and image stabilization, plus, a nice big 2.7″ LCD display. Need a handy place to display all of the digital photos you’re taking with the new camera? Use the $40 off coupon for the SmartParts 10.4″ digital picture frame with 128MB of internal memory with a total price of $99.99. If you’re giving someone a camera you might want to take advantage of the coupon for up to 50% off of various SD cards and USB drives that would be a nice little gift. Or, you might just want to stock up on those for yourself.
Household Items: There is just one thing in this coupon book that falls into this category that makes for a great deal and that is the KitchenAid Stand Mixer. The only other household item is a Vtech 3-handset cordless phone system for $39.99 after the $20 coupon.
- KitchenAid Professional HD Stand Mixer – This one has a 475-watt motor and a 5 quart stainless steel bowl and most importantly it is the professional bowl-lift design (not the one where you tilt the head back). It comes with a whisk, dough hook, and a flat beater which pretty much covers any of your mixing or kneading desires. I LOVE my KitchenAid mixer. They last forever too; my mom’s is still going strong after more than 25 years of use! This would be an excellent gift, even to yourself. The coupon is for $50 off, making the price just $229.99. Because this is such a great deal there is a two item limit per coupon.
There are some other coupons for clothing items, as well as a $15 coupon for Kenneth Cole men’s or ladies’ watches. There is also a $30 coupon for a Philips Norelco electric razor that seems nice; the price is $119.99 after the coupon.
Don’t forget that there are some good deals exclusively at Costco.com too. And if you’re looking for an HD television but wondering how you’ll get it home, it might be worth it to order it on the Costco website. Ordering it means that the friendly FedEx guy lugs it up to your house instead of you.