Costco Food Court Nutritional Information

May 13th, 2009 · 108 Comments

The other day someone posted a comment looking for some nutritional (specifically, calories) information for a couple of the Costco food court items.  Since I didn’t have the information, I asked our friends at the Costco online Customer Service team if they had any information they could send me.  They totally came through with a very helpful PDF that lists the complete nutritional and allergen information for 26 items that are served in their food court area.

The nutritional data sheet was last updated almost a year ago now, July 2008.  And of course, your food court most likely doesn’t have all 26 items on this list.  For instance, I know that my Austin Costco does not have french fries (thankfully).  And where do they have Italian Sausage Sandwiches?  In any case, this PDF has lots and lots of helpful information if you’re trying to watch your calories or just like to know what you’re eating, nutritionally speaking.  Like, who knew that the hot dog or Polish sausage had somewhere between 540 – 570 calories? No wonder they can fill you up like a meal, huh?  If you’re looking for low calorie, the Fruit Smoothie with just 290 calories, really is the best bet.

Tags: Food Share

1. 1 Cindy // 2014.06.08 at 10:41 am

Great info, thanks! Does anyone know how many slices a pizza gets cut into? My son, who was recently diagnosed with T1D, is going to a party and they are serving Costco food court pizza. The host plans on cutting the slices smaller, so I actually need to know how many carbs are in the entire pizza, so I can then determine how many carbs each slice at the party has. Thankx!

• 2 Rob // 2014.06.08 at 12:33 pm

The information on this site is for 1/6 of a pizza, which is what they serve you at the snack bar in the store. When you order pizzas to go they definitely cut them into smaller slices…I believe they are cut into 12 slices for carryout.

2. 3 Norma Milliman // 2014.05.07 at 12:41 pm

I’m really grateful to have this info. I’m on a 2000 mg of sodium /day restriction. I love Costco polish hot dogs with sauerkraut but now I know what I suspected is true. Looks like there’s little on the menu that I should eat unless I can talk my husband into splitting a dog with me and adding some kind of ice cream treat. Costco is getting better about a lot of things but they need to look at making the food court items healthier and bring back good coffee!

3. 4 Kate // 2014.03.11 at 12:51 pm

As a former food court employee, we will happily provide you with a print out of the nutritional information. We keep them easily accessible in the food court with multiple copies. Don’t be afraid to ask!

• 5 walt // 2014.04.12 at 2:30 am

what ingredients are in the very berry fruit smoothies ? what sugars ?

• 6 Rob // 2014.04.12 at 9:21 am

I did ask for a copy of the nutrition information at my Costco Food Court very recently (March, 2014). They told me that they had a laminated copy that I could look at while I was in the store, but that they did NOT stock copies for customers to take home. I was very disappointed by that. Is there a current copy on the internet somewhere that I could print out? Also, I was very disappointed that Costco has recently discontinued the hand dipped ice cream bar. That was my favorite treat!

4. 7 SGM // 2014.03.11 at 12:41 pm

Any idea if the calorie count for the chicken bake includes the ceasar dressing that comes with it? It doesn’t specify it, but it includes “anchovies” in the allergens column, and I wouldn’t imagine that there are anchovies in the bake itself. I would think that those would only be in the dressing.

• 8 Kate // 2014.03.11 at 12:49 pm

This does not include the side of caesar dressing. The chicken is tossed in the dressing before it is wrapped in the dough so that is why anchovies are listed as an ingredient.

5. 9 Nate // 2014.01.28 at 12:22 am

So the chicken bake seems to win. Lots of protein and only a little bit of fat and carbs. And this whole time I though the turkey+provolone sandwich was the healthiest thing :(

Still I doubt Craig Jelinek would eat any of it :P

6. 10 Rob // 2013.08.17 at 11:16 am

The food chart IS accurate. All of the things that AA questions are easily explained. For instance, the pepperoni pizza has less fat than the cheese pizza because Costco weight the cheese and puts significantly more of it on their all cheese pizzas, hence the higher fat content (I have personally verified with Costco food court employees). Also, the berry sundae is fat free because it is made with fat free frozen yogurt (not ice cream) and the berries are also obviously fat free.

7. 11 AA // 2013.08.17 at 10:27 am

I believe this chart has multiple errors. For example, why does a pepperoni pizza have less fat than a cheese pizza? How does a berry sundae have zero grams of fat? How do a hot dog and a polish sausage have an equal amount of calories, but different amounts of carbs and protein?

Does someone have a link to a chart without these discrepancies? I’m also looking for nutritional info for the Costco deli items.

• 12 Kimberly // 2013.08.17 at 10:34 am

@AA – This is directly from Costco, it is their own nutritional information, I did not manufacture it.

• 13 AA // 2013.08.17 at 10:46 am

Never blamed you or said you manufactered it.

• 14 davmp // 2013.08.17 at 11:08 am

@AA – Is it just me or do you seem to be lacking some basic skills for life? Clearly, since cheese contains fat you could have less fat on a pepperoni pizza if it has alot less cheese than the all-cheese pizza. FWIW, I’ve seen them making the all-cheese pizza and they measure the cheese amount using a bucket! If the sunday is made from fat-free frozen yogurt instead of ice cream, then it would have no fat in it. And calories come from any of fat, carbs, or protein. So two different sausages could have the same calories but different values of carbs and protein quite easily — only the total calories across all three categories need to match!

• 15 Rob // 2013.08.17 at 11:20 am

The food chart IS accurate. All of the things that AA questions are easily explained. For instance, the pepperoni pizza has less fat than the cheese pizza because Costco weighs the cheese and puts significantly more of it on their all cheese pizzas, hence the higher fat content (I have personally verified with Costco food court employees). Also, the berry sundae is fat free because it is made with fat free frozen yogurt (not ice cream) and the berries are also obviously fat free.

8. 16 Lee // 2013.05.08 at 7:13 pm

Thanks for the Costco nutritional table providing data on calories, fat content, etc. However, what I’d like to know is what are the ingredients of the items, such as a berry smoothie (just about the only thing a vegan can eat at the food court). Specifically, do they add a sweetener to the berry smoothie like high fructose corn syrup? I think I can guess the answer, which would be “yes”.

9. 17 Joseph // 2013.02.03 at 6:36 pm

The food values of all the food sold at the Costco food court has to be published on site and this is mandated by federal law they can not refer you to a web site unless you have an iPhone and at the referral site the value have to be listed on the first page not one or more pages later.

• 18 j // 2013.12.18 at 10:38 pm

What federal law are you referring to? Is this something new? Last I checked about 10 years ago, the only requirement by the FDA was that if a restaurant claimed a health benefit it had to prove it. Eg: if they claimed something is fat free or “reduced calories”. but the proof can be any form they want. it can be a website, flyer, or they can even make you call headquarters and they’ll read it out to you. and they only have to prove the exact claim. they don’t have to provide info about trans fats if they’re making a claim about sugar, for example.

10. 19 td // 2012.05.30 at 3:19 pm

WOW! one slice of cheese pizza is 700 calories……. Bummer!

11. 20 Jacy // 2012.05.16 at 1:03 pm

FOR SAMANTHA above. Who cares how many calories are in a serving? Again, TIME it, and ENJOY it. don’t sweat the small stuff and watch your carb timing. Do 10 minutes of activity before it , or go for a brisk walk after it :) So many options so you can make it happen!

12. 21 Jacy // 2012.05.16 at 1:01 pm

ok…if you like “bland” but why would one give up dressing if you could time it properly and still loose weight: ) Hell add an ice cream to it too. (and still loose weight)
    I eat caesar salad daily, with almonds, cheese and eggs in it : )
    And yes, creamy caesar dressing NOT low fat : )

That is “winning” ! Blessings all

13. 22 Dub-Ya // 2012.05.16 at 12:00 pm

Chicken Caeser without the dressing FTW! Slightly bland, but healthy and filling. Plenty of protein and very few calories. I eat for lunch at least 2 times a week. $3.99 = Winning!

14. 23 Austin // 2012.04.16 at 2:44 pm

I can’t believe some of you are griping about the calories in ice cream treats. Really? It’s not food, it’s fat. No wonder you all look like a parady of the ‘average citizen’ drawn up 20 years ago.

I’d keep being snide and making examples of how ridiculous you are but I’m sure you’ve stopped reading and headed off to the kitchen for a ‘healthy’ yogurt bar with low-fat sprinkles.

15. 24 Nick // 2012.03.22 at 2:54 pm

Thank you all for posting the latest Costco Nutrition Info.

16. 25 Ed // 2012.03.08 at 6:37 pm

I forgot to add … Costco confirmed over the phone that this info is not available on their website – which seems a shame, since it’d be nice to know you could get the latest info from them without having to call and ask for it. Oh well.

17. 26 Ed // 2012.03.08 at 6:36 pm

For anyone interested, Costco updates this information every once in awhile, so it’s always good to double-check the latest numbers. Here’s a copy of the Costco Food Court Nutritional Data from December 21, 2011.

http://bit.ly/CostcoNutrition201112 (PDF)

It’s basically the same file/format as before, but with updated items. I haven’t compared any of the numbers to the original file posted by Kimberly, but since that was from 2008, I assume there are at least some new items included.

18. 27 Phil Franckel // 2012.03.06 at 3:08 pm

To LeeAnn // 2009.05.15 at 12:06 am “I have celiac disease and two of my kids are gluten intolerant.” Costco now has gluten free veggie burgers, see http://www.philsbest.com/food/best-veggie-burgers/
    To Mary // 2009.06.02 at 5:55 pm “I loved those Mocha Freezes but I just realized that if I get a Latte Freeze I’ll get less calories! Anyone know what the difference is?” It’s the chocolate fudge sauce! I was also surprised to see that it has so many calories.