Asian Chicken Wrap Nutrition Information

August 6th, 2009 · 26 Comments

If you’ve shopped at the deli and picked up one of the Asian Chicken Wraps you might have wondered how healthy, or rather not healthy, eating that sandwich was for you.  Well, wonder no more because I’ve got all of the nutritional information for you.  The good news is that it might not be quite as horrible calorie-wise as you thought (but it’s definitely not low), and it does have some redeeming nutritional value in the way of protein, vitamin A, and iron.  Of course, if you look at the sodium numbers you might not get past that, from the shock that one serving of this has more than 50% of your RDA for sodium!

How healthy is this wrap?

How healthy is this wrap?

I also want to point out that when you buy these at Costco what is in the container is 4 servings, not just two like you might assume.  You only get one of the wrap sections in a serving.  Unfortunately, the nutritional information also includes the dressing and I imagine that is where a lot of the fat and sodium, as well as a fair amount of calories, are located because the wrap itself doesn’t have anything in it that I think would account for that (at least not that I can remember) since it is mostly chicken, lettuce, cabbage and shredded carrots.

Chinese Chicken Salad Wrap & Dressing
(Item#: 35404)
Serving Size: 1/2 Wrap, 1/4 dressing (242g/8.6oz)
Calories 480
Calories From Fat 220
Total Fat 25 g (38%)
Saturated Fat 8 g (40%)
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 55 mg (18%)
Sodium 1240 mg (52%)
Total Carbohydrate 44 g (15%)
Dietary Fiber 3 g (13%)
Sugars 14 g
Protein 22 g
Vitamin A 20%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 15%
Iron 45%
Polyunsaturated Fat 7 g
Monounsaturated Fat 8 g
Thiamin 15%
Riboflavin 20%
Niacin 35%
Folate 25%
Percent daily values (DV) based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

I have added the nutritional information for the Chinese Chicken Wrap to my Costco Calories spreadsheet on Google. Anyone with or without a Google login can view this spreadsheet to find nutritional information for the 16″ pizzas, cakes, and bagels made by Costco. This wrap is on the tab for ‘Misc Items’.

Tags: Food · Health & Beauty Share

1. 1 Susan // 2016.11.23 at 1:44 pm

Still confused.. Package has 4 pieces. Is one considered one serving at 480 calories. Plz email me directly

• 2 Jim // 2017.02.21 at 7:51 pm

I also want to point out that when you buy these at Costco what is in the container is 4 servings, not just two like you might assume. You only get one of the wrap sections in a serving. Unfortunately, the nutritional information also includes the dressing and I imagine that is where a lot of the fat and sodium, as well as a fair amount of calories, are located because the wrap itself doesn’t have anything in it that I think would account for that (at least not that I can remember) since it is mostly chicken, lettuce, cabbage and shredded carrots.

Try reading

2. 3 Skippy // 2016.05.03 at 10:34 pm

What is the dressing called? I love it. Please tell me. I want to buy more!!!

3. 4 Linda // 2015.06.25 at 12:15 pm

This was the best wrap I ever had…hamds down. And a half of one filled me up. I will be buying more in the future!!!

4. 5 Carbless // 2015.06.12 at 12:06 pm

NOOOOOOOOO!!! So much for the low carb lunch. Sigh. I did eliminate the sauce and ‘some’ of the wrap so that should help.

Thank you so much for this info!

5. 6 Tina // 2015.04.11 at 5:33 pm

I ate a section of one today and in my last bite I noticed a white mayo type ingredient. But it wasn’t in the rest of the section I ate. I know sometimes places use mayo or cream cheese to hold the wrap together. Does anyone know if this wrap has mayonnaise in it?

6. 7 Debbie // 2014.03.20 at 4:18 pm

Totally delicious but I did not consume the dressing. I figured it was full of carbs. Do you know what the carb count would be without the dressing? I figured it would be around30, but that may be high…anyone?

7. 8 Gayle // 2013.11.09 at 9:03 am

IM NOT SURE. IS THIS SERVING BASED ON ONE OF THE FOUR PREWRAPS OR ARE THE NUTRITIONAL VALUES BASED ON TWO OF THE FOUR WRAPS? They are wonderful

8. 9 Gretchen // 2013.04.28 at 1:38 pm

I love these, as does my husband. I always wondered about the nutritional information. I never use any of the dressing, as I figured that it was pretty loaded with fat. I think they taste great w/o the dressing. I also only eat one portion (1 of the 4 pieces). My husband, on the other hand, uses all the dressing and eats the other 3 pieces. I would really like to know the nutritional info for just the dressing. Anyway, thanks for posting. I don’t think they are too bad for me if I only have them every now and then and w/o the dressing. I would be interested in trying the cilantro lime shrimp wraps but I haven’t seen them in VA yet.

• 10 Carbless // 2015.06.12 at 12:09 pm

Did somebody say Cilantro Lime Shrimp Wrap?! I need to try that!

9. 11 Nataly // 2012.07.03 at 10:39 am

Please stay away from this wrap. I love Costcos don’t get me wrong, this wrap made me so sick, it drove me to the hospital.

10. 12 Oregon Sue // 2012.06.21 at 12:56 pm

Ha ha ha… I guess the outcry for the chicken wraps was more than the snotty meat guy at Costco thought it would be. Medford Costco now has chicken wraps again!!!!! Yeah!!!!!

11. 13 Nikkie // 2012.06.21 at 12:45 pm

The sodium doesn’t have much to do with the dressing. I just ate a 1/2 of one of these wraps for lunch, without the dressing. I thought all the sodium and a good portion of the fat was in the dressing so I tossed it. Wrong, so wrong. Backwards thinking. This is made from rotisserie chicken which is fatter and saltier than plain chicken breast. I cannot believe how thirsty I have been since I ate lunch. I have already drank 64 oz of water and I’m ready to go back for more. Lunch consisted of the 1/2 of wrap. Nothing more. WOW! Sodium overload. I was planning on eating the other half for dinner. I think I’ll take a pass on this one.

• 14 Carbless // 2015.06.12 at 12:12 pm

It’s all in the wrap. I started buying those wraps from the supermarket to brown bag lunches for work and help keep carbs down until I noticed the astronomical amount of sodium.

12. 15 Oregon Sue // 2012.03.26 at 6:01 pm

Well, my Costco doesn’t have the Asian Chicken wraps any more. They have Cilantro Lime Shrimp wraps, that are not any where close to being good! I am BUMMED!!!!!

13. 16 Valerie // 2012.03.25 at 9:17 pm

@Oregon Sue – try the far seas sesame dressing available at Costco. I think that’s the name of it. Dip your wrap in that and voila!!! instant deliciousness :) I am addicted to them, too. In fact, I am craving one sooo bad right now but they are closed and I was trying to see if there was anywhere near me I could get one.

14. 17 Bonnie // 2012.01.07 at 3:01 pm

Try (Paul) Newman’s Own Light Sesame Ginger salad dressing with Flat Out Light 90 calorie wraps to keep the calories down without sacrificing flavor on the Chinese chicken wraps that you do at home.

15. 18 marie // 2011.11.02 at 5:12 pm

I just eat the wrap never the dressing so its half of every thing

16. 19 Tan // 2011.10.07 at 11:18 am

Thanks for the info. The high sodium is not a surprised. I just try to use as little dressing as I can.

17. 20 Oregon Sue // 2011.08.02 at 6:45 am

Ok, Kimberly, I’m going to work on this dressing… will let you know what I come up with. Thanks.

18. 21 Oregon Sue // 2011.07.29 at 8:50 pm

Kimberly, I am totally addicted to these yummy wraps. I can make the wrap but the dressing is eluding me. Any ideas or contacts to get the recipe? It’s soooooooooooooooooo good and would be good on a lot of other things too… pasta salad, crockpot chicken, etc. Please let me know if you have contacts for the recipe or can pound out some ideas. I know it’s got sesame oil in it, some vinegar (white balasamic?), garlic, maybe a touch of hoisin sauce? Ideas?

• 22 Kimberly // 2011.08.02 at 3:41 am

@Oregon Sue – Sorry, I don’t have a clue on the dressing either. I do remember it was really delicious though. I’ve never tried getting a recipe from Costco for something like this, but I could try pinging them to see if they have any information they can/will pass along. Unfortunately, they don’t have these wraps here in the UK so I can’t even try to get one and reverse engineer it.

• 23 Alis // 2014.05.28 at 9:26 am

I’ve tasted it once and the wrap was delicious. I don’t live in US but would you be so kind to share the recipe of the wrap so I could try it at home? Thanks so much!

19. 24 kathy // 2010.06.03 at 6:33 pm

One half of the wrap itself (just the spinach wrap) has about 230g of sodium. Still, that’s typical of wraps/tortillas.

20. 25 Leslie // 2009.08.11 at 7:52 pm

They really should do the dressing and the wrap separately, but I’m assuming the sodium is in the dressing. Yeah, I have high bp, that thing would probably kill me!!

21. 26 Chris // 2009.08.08 at 3:01 am

Wow! Look at the sodium. Eat one whole wrap or 2 servings and you max out on your daily sodium intake. Makes me thirsty just thinking about it.