Costco Coupon Book – October 15 – November 1, 2009

October 15th, 2009 · 22 Comments

Costco Coupon Book - October 15 - November 1, 2009

Costco Coupon Book - October 15 - November 1, 2009

So, this is an interesting coupon cycle because it is starting in the middle of the week, instead of on Monday as it usually does.  Perhaps they are changing things up a bit for their new fiscal year though.  There’s also a page full of instant savings in the back of the coupon book that don’t require the coupon to get the savings, and it is for stuff in the warehouse even.  I’ve created a PDF again for this Costco Coupon Book that you can download (2 MB) and browse through if you haven’t gotten yours yet.

Aside from those changes, there are still lots of great coupons that you can use over the next two weeks and three days.  There is more than $1,000 in coupons for the warehouses and then an additional $4,000 in online deals at Costco.com.  There are 101 coupons, including the 10 instant savings deals, in this Costco Coupon Book. Here’s how I would break it down by categories:

• Food & Beverages: 19 coupons
  • Household Items: 29 coupons
  • Health & Beauty: 25 coupons
  • Electronics: 9 coupons
  • Costco.com: 19 coupons

As you can see there are a lot of household coupons, as well as a large number of health and beauty coupons; they make up more than half of the coupon book.  This looks like one of the better coupon books in a while though.  There are several things in here that I would like to get, at least.  I noticed that they have another coupon for OxiClean, which is funny to me since I had waited for like 6 months for one and then there was finally a coupon in the last coupon book, and now there’s another one so soon.  Here are my favorite coupons this month:

• M&M’s/Mars Variety Pack, 30 count, $4.50 off; limit 2. I’m glad that they’ve got another candy bar coupon because I need at least one or two more boxes for Halloween.  I was thinking I was going to just have to pay full price, which is still a good deal at Costco, but now I’m glad that I waited.  I believe that these boxes are $13 – $15, so the $4.50 off makes them a really good deal for 30 candy items.
  • Kellogg’s Froot Loops and Apple Jacks Kids’ Combo Cereal Pack, 3 – 17.5 ounce bags, $2.00 off; limit 2. Sure, I see that it says ‘kids’ right there in the description, but I still love Apple Jacks.  I can’t explain it, except to say that I loved it as a kid so it is probably just nostalgia talking.   And yeah, I know it is totally not a healthy breakfast choice or even something that people without kids should have in their pantry but I still want some.  And apparently, they now have more fiber, so that is almost like being healthy, right?
  • Reflections Cutlery and/or Masterpiece Plates, $3.50 off; limit 3. I know you might be thinking: ‘what is so special about plastic plates and cutlery?’ But really and truly, these have got to be the nicest plastic tableware pieces you will ever see.  I’ve used them before and people thought they were real, like china and silverware real.  You can actually eat a meal with the plastic cutlery without it breaking, even if you need to cut meat.  And that in and of itself is usually an amazing feat, but to have it look so nice too is a total bonus.  And the plates are equally as nice due to the thick plastic that they use.  It looks like there are 160 pieces of cutlery and I believe that there are 50 plates, 25 dinner plates and 25 salad plates.  If you’re having a party and want to have something that looks nice and is sturdy, but you don’t want the hassle of cleaning up afterward, this is the perfect option.
  • Cuisine Adventures All Natural Butter Puff Pastry, 48 count, $3.25 off; limit 10. This is another item that would be great if you were planning a holiday party.  I actually just bought some of these (pre-coupon of course because that’s the luck I have) and have purchased them before from Costco (read the review here).  They were a big hit the last time we tried them, so I decided that I wanted to pick up a box to just keep handy in the freezer.  All of the varieties were delicious, but it’s hard to go wrong with something wrapped in buttery puff pastry.  The have different flavors this year, with 12 of each of the following: ricotta and sundried tomato pesto croissants, mushroom and caramelized onion bear claws, four cheese and roasted garlic palmiers, and roasted red pepper and three cheese vine squares.  I had planned on serving some of these for Thanksgiving, so I think I’ll have to pick up another box for any ‘just in case’ situations.  Plus, I’ll be honest, sometimes Dave and I like things like this in place of a ‘normal’ dinner.  These are normally $12.99, but with the coupon they would only be $9.74.
  • FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System, $30.00 off, and/or Replacement Bags/Rolls, $5.00 off; limit 6. Dave and I have been thinking about getting one of these for a bit now because there have been a few comments about how wonderful they are (thanks for the tip, Clue) and that piqued our interest.  They say it keeps food fresher up to 5-times longer and also can prevent freezer burn.  Both are good things, especially when you’re shopping at Costco.  I believe the system normally runs about $150.00, so with $30.00 off this starts being a better deal to me.  Can you vacuum seal berries in these too?  I’ll have to do a little more investigating before I commit, but I’ll have to decide before November 1, I guess.
  • Costco Optical Center Eyeglasses, buy one complete pair, and get $30.00 off each additional pair for the same person. I’ve written a couple of different times about the great deals at Costco Optical because they are so impressive.  Dave and I have both purchased glasses at Costco, I talked my mom into trying them out and she was also impressed.  So, if you’re looking to get a new pair of glasses and would like a back-up pair or even a pair of prescription sunglasses, this is a really great deal.  Anytime you can save some money on glasses, it’s a great deal to me.  Plus, it’s getting towards the end of the year and don’t forget that you might have some money to use up on your cafeteria or flex plan for your health needs before it goes away in a couple of months.

Tags: costco.com · Coupons · Decorating · Electronics · Food · Health & Beauty · Household Items · Office Share

1. 1 Deb // 2009.11.07 at 7:56 am

I noticed in the new Costco Magazine that there is a small picture of the new Costco coupon book. Under a magnifying I saw that is starts Nov 12th – the end of the month. We usually get ours the Sat. before the sale starts, since we live so far away from the store I guess.

2. 2 This Week at Costco – October 25, 2009 | Addicted To Costco! // 2009.10.31 at 8:29 am

[…] forget that this is the last weekend that you can make use of the current Costco Coupon Book since it expires November 1!  I still haven’t totally made up my mind about the FoodSaver but I guess I’ll have to […]

3. 3 Kimberly // 2009.10.30 at 11:02 am

Hey Gina, thanks for your opinion about the FoodSaver! It’s nice that the attachment for sealing jars is so reasonably priced, that makes it even more attractive.

4. 4 Gina // 2009.10.29 at 2:38 pm

I bought the FoodSaver and extra bags at Costco last week. We bought some big packs of meat and portioned, sealed and froze them. It was really easy and will save us a lot of money. You can buy the wide mouth jar attachment – $10, not at Costco, and seal canning jars with food. I’m waiting for my attachment to come in the mail, but it seems that canning jars are a much better deal than the FoodSaver canisters. Use your coupon – get a FoodSaver!

5. 5 Quetzal // 2009.10.26 at 12:13 am

The barcode is the same for all items. If i forget my coupon book , i usually just tell the cashier that i forgot the coupons and they will scan the register coupon for me. Sometimes I forget or don’t know there’s an item with a coupon and they automatically scan for me anyways.

6. 6 Kimberly // 2009.10.24 at 7:44 am

Vid, Costco will only accept the original coupons, no photocopies.

7. 7 Kimberly // 2009.10.24 at 7:43 am

Gabe, I’m not sure what good posting the bar code number would do you because you have to have a real coupon, not a photo copy, for Costco to accept it. FWIW, the code is 2 000000 000237.

8. 8 Vid // 2009.10.23 at 9:43 pm

hi…can i take a printout of these coupons and use them at the store? or they require the original coupon cut from the book?

9. 9 Gabe // 2009.10.22 at 1:38 pm

would it be possible to post the barcode for the coupons?

i know the barcode is all the same and all the register person has to do is scan it once and the coupon will apply to all on the bill.

10. 10 carmstl // 2009.10.19 at 11:09 am

We bought the Pacific Coast king-sized down comforter for our queen sized bed, on coupon for $25 off this month (total $99). TOTALLY worth it! the queen sized Kirkland comforter that I had bought years ago just wasn’t big enough for the both of us. Unfortunately Costco is not carrying any duvet covers right now (in-store) but the comforter itself is a great buy.

11. 11 tle // 2009.10.18 at 3:28 pm

I have been using Kirkland environmentally friendly laundry detergent. Just bought Eco detergent. Label said good for 210 HE loads and with the couple, each bottle costs $9. Has any one tried this detergent? I use these detergent since the greywater goes into the year.

12. 12 This Week at Costco – October 11, 2009 | Addicted To Costco! // 2009.10.17 at 8:48 am

[…] RSS privacy policy archives guest posts costco locations costco coupons about home ← Costco Coupon Book – October 15 – November 1, 2009 […]

13. 13 Karen // 2009.10.17 at 8:46 am

Went to Costco yesterday and used the coupon to purchase the Foodsaver and extra bags. Foodsaver was $149.99 less the $30 coupon totalled $119.99 and the extra bags were $39.99 less $5.00 coupon totalled $34.99. Hubby is loving this thing. He’s been playing with it all morning on whats left of our garden veggies and is looking forward to trying the marinator and hopefully vacuum sealing some venison soon!

14. 14 Robin // 2009.10.16 at 11:08 pm

I didn’t find there was much in this book at I could use. Trying to watch the weight rules out just about anything with sugar and I’m still stocked up on laundry detergent and paper goods. I have so many Ziploc bags I could give some to the neighborhood squirrels to store their nuts. LOL

I thought about the food saver, but I figured by the end of the year I’d spend more in bags that the original machine cost.

I did use the Pirate Booty coupon, as I’ve been trying to mix up my own snack mix and I figure the Booty will give anything I mix with it a cheesy flavor.

I did find a few unadvertised sales. I wonder if sales vary by store as they clear out the old to make room for the new.

I picked up the Eneloop battery Power Pack which was $10 off. I had been looking for the ‘refill’ pack, but for the price I’ll take the extra charger. They also had the folding hand truck on sale.

BTW, did you know the people to give out the samples get a small bonus if you buy the product? Someone told me that a while ago and a few times I’ve used that as my excuse to buy something I’m tempted by.

15. 15 BarbTUSA // 2009.10.16 at 8:06 pm

Thanks so much for posting the new coupon book, Kimberly. You really saved me a lot of time in planning my next run.

16. 16 Clue // 2009.10.16 at 5:45 am

>>> Can you vacuum seal berries in these too? <<

Yes, you sure can and it's so easy to do! Just clean them, lay them out to dry, then spread them out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Freeze them on the baking sheets for a few hours until they are solid, then place in freezer bags to seal as usual. The freezing keeps the berries from crushing during the sealing process. You can store the sealed berries in the 'frig or freezer after sealing, as you lease.

Alternatively, you an also use Food Saver canisters or other jars instead of bags and you can skip the freezing step.. I don't personally prefer the canisters over bags in general, as I find the seals are not as reliable. But they are very quick to uae and are great for things you may to need to access repeatedly over several days, such as deli sliced meats for sandwiches; salsas, salad greens; and berries. HERE! is a great video about how to seal most household jars with the Foodsaver.

LMK if I can answer any other Q’s for you. And thanks for the shout out!

• 17 Kimberly // 2009.10.16 at 9:40 am

Clue, thanks for all of the information about how to do the berries and the canisters. I totally forgot that they had the canisters too. Do they have those at Costco too? Surely they must because I think that must be where I’ve seen them. Of course, if I can seal my own jars using this that’s even better because there’s no extra stuff to buy!

17. 18 Stacy // 2009.10.15 at 7:13 pm

I just found out your website through Google search. I was looking for the upcoming coupon book on Costco.com, but not successful. However, I came across your blog, and found out this is very helpful. Question here… I am a costco member, but sometimes I did not receive coupon book. Do I need an actual book to get the discount? Or do they apply the coupon automatically through the membership?

• 19 Kimberly // 2009.10.16 at 9:38 am

Stacy, this is a question of much debate and totally seems to depend on the Costco location you shop at. I find that you need at least one coupon (because they all have the same bar code on the back) for the cashier to scan to reliably get the coupon discounts. However, I know that at other locations they just automatically deduct the coupons. I really wish that they would all just consistently go to the ‘you don’t need the physical coupon’ policy but at my location when I asked about it they said that the manufacturer’s were getting more insistent about getting the coupons. But if you have just one coupon, you’re good. So, you could always just ask someone for one of their coupons that they don’t want, I guess.

18. 20 Jennypher // 2009.10.15 at 4:34 pm

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for publishing the coupon book online for everyone. You’ve really made it all too easy for us. Thanks again!

19. 21 Kimberly // 2009.10.15 at 1:49 pm

Glad I could help you out with a better description! And thanks for the FoodSaver comments. :-)

20. 22 Lara // 2009.10.15 at 1:39 pm

Thanks! I found you because I searched for the Cuisine Adventures coupon–I couldnh’t tell what they actually were from the tiny photo and am planning the menu for a last minute party tonight and wondered if they work :) They will and now I know thanks to you! Also, Foodsavers ROCK! And you can seal anything in them, even berries. Takes a few tries to get tha hang of it (and definitely read the manual), but I love mine :)