This Week at Costco is Postponed

November 14th, 2009 · 14 Comments

Sorry for delaying my ‘This Week at Costco’ post for November 8th and I promise I’ll write this post up in the next couple of days and sorry for also skipping my normal Thursday post too.  But I do have an actual excuse.

Dave (that’s my husband) had a motorcycle accident Tuesday night on his way home from work.  Luckily, he’s mostly okay –  just very, very bruised, swollen, and scraped up.  Plus, he’s also got a broken wrist (on his dominant arm, of course).  The ER doctor thought he was going to need surgery to repair it, but it looks like Dave will be lucky enough to not have to endure that too.  So, it has been an unpleasantly busy and stressful week here at our house.

I hope to get the ‘This Week at Costco – November 8, 2009’ post up on Tuesday though!  But don’t forget that the latest Costco Coupon Book took effect on Thursday and lasts through November 29th.

Tags: General Share

1. 1 Will Answer // 2009.11.19 at 3:56 pm

Good luck – from one motorcyclist to another – (I too had an accident and needed surgery on my wrist and arm – pins and plates) – wishing you heal quickly

2. 2 Dave // 2009.11.18 at 1:33 pm

Yes, a big warm thank you to everyone! As Kimberly noted above, I’ve been informed that i should indeed have surgery to align the broken bones in my wrist, so that’s scheduled for tomorrow. After that, it’s 6 to 8 weeks of being in a cast.

3. 3 Kimberly // 2009.11.17 at 12:31 pm

I just wanted to say thanks to all of the people who posted such nice comments on this post, as well as the people that emailed me or called me. Dave and I really appreciate all of the good wishes.

Dave is doing much better this week, with a lot less pain. The doctor thinks that he’ll probably not have to have surgery on his wrist and his other hand and knee seem to be okay with nothing broken, just lots and lots of bruising. He’s actually gone back to work with a slightly abbreviated workday though. It’s hard for him to type all day with just the one hand. :-) We’re going back to the doctor tomorrow for more x-rays and hopefully to hear that he won’t need surgery for sure.

So, I’ll be back to posting this week…starting with the Black Friday coupons later today.

Thanks everyone!

4. 4 Tampa Slim // 2009.11.16 at 12:56 pm

Our best wishes and a speedy recovery, glad it wasn’t more serious.
    TS

5. 5 Clue // 2009.11.16 at 3:36 am

Healing wishes for Dave! And calming, anxiety-soothing vibes to Kimberly!

6. 6 Emily // 2009.11.14 at 10:03 pm

Oh no, so sorry to hear this! My sister also survived a motorcycle accident a couple years ago, and it was terrifying.

7. 7 Heather - Dollar Store Crafts // 2009.11.14 at 7:41 pm

Hope you get well soon, Dave!!!

8. 8 RickieM // 2009.11.14 at 6:01 pm

You’ve got more important things to worry about than the blog – I hope Dave is up and running very soon!

9. 9 Nabeela // 2009.11.14 at 5:03 pm

I’m so sorry to hear that. I hope Dave gets well soon.

10. 10 Jason // 2009.11.14 at 3:40 pm

Hope your old man will be all mended very soon! Really appreciate the blog!

11. 11 Enrique Ruiz // 2009.11.14 at 2:50 pm

uhhh that’s horrible news… I myself had an auto accident on Sept 29 that left me with a broken finger and a broken clavicle bone. It’s very stressful but just take things one step at a time do what the doctor recommends and in no time at all your husband and you will be back at Costco shopping again…

Don’t know if you’re religious but I will keep your husband in my prayers for a fast recovery as it helped me overcome my pain and just plain ol’ sadness from being in a accident.

P.S. love your blog but don’t worry bout us we”ll wait around till you are good and ready!

12. 12 Susie // 2009.11.14 at 2:06 pm

Oh no! I hope he’s resting well.

13. 13 Tanya // 2009.11.14 at 11:58 am

Hope he will be feeling better soon! What a scare!!

14. 14 tle // 2009.11.14 at 10:46 am