Costco Coupon Book – January 7 – January 24, 2010

January 7th, 2010 · 22 Comments

January 2010 Costco Coupon Book

January 2010 Costco Coupon Book

Well, just in time for some much needed post-holiday savings, the new Costco coupon book is out.  There are savings of $1,600.00 for use in the warehouses and an additional $3,500.00 in Costco.com savings.  Lots of coupons and lots of things to stock up on while you can get a discount.  There are some great coupons for cleaning supplies, snacks, fitness gear, and another one for tires too.  Plus, because it is coming up on tax time, there’s a coupon for TurboTax too.  Oh yeah, and there’s even a coupon to plan ahead and order your Valentine’s Day roses through Costco.com now too.  For those of you with babies, there is also a coupon for diapers.

I’ve created a PDF of the January Costco Coupon Book that you can download or print to browse through if you didn’t get yours yet.

My Favorite Coupons This Month:

• TurboTax, $10.00 off; limit 2: This coupon saves you a little bit of much needed on do-it-yourself tax prep.  We’ve been using TurboTax for years, like more than 12 years now.  The software makes it so easy to do your taxes because it uses a nice interview style where they step through all of the information by asking you a series of questions, in plain language not IRS-ese so you can actually understand it.  In addition, they have great help and additional information about anything that might be confusing to you.  And one of the great things that I love is the list of reasonable deduction amounts for any items that you may have donated to a non-profit during the year.  This is particularly useful if you donate clothing or household items to Goodwill or Salvation Army and don’t know a real value; you won’t have to guess or under value your stuff anymore.  This coupon is good for several different versions of the software:  Deluxe No State, Deluxe with State, Premier No State, Premier with State, Home and Business with State.
  • 36 Long Stem Red Roses for Valentine’s Day, $64.99 delivered after $5.00 off: I love getting and giving fresh flowers, and honestly the roses from Costco are always so beautiful, it seems hard to go wrong.  The only thing that might be off putting for some people is that delivery must fall on either February 11 or 12, but this is only because Valentine’s Day falls on a Sunday this year.  With this deal you can order now and not worry about forgetting it too!  For the price of $64.99 you get 36 long stem red roses and a glass vase, plus delivery, which is really a good deal because from other flower places you might pay that much for just 12 or if you’re lucky 24 roses.  And then they’ll make you pay extra for delivery.  Of course, the alternative is to just get in your car and go to your closest Costco and pick up some fresh flowers yourself.
  • Swiffer, $2.50 off; limit 4: I love the Swiffer dusters and always keep a stock of them on hand.  They really do pick up and an amazing amount of dust without just pushing it around or throwing it into the air.  What I really like though is that the little handle allows you to get to stuff and in places that you can’t with your hand (or at least I can’t with my big hand).  Of course, you can also use this coupon to get some savings on the other Swiffer products:  Sweeper Starter Kit, 64 count Dry Refill, 48 count Wet Refill, 20 count Dusters.  I like the idea of the wet or dry sweeper pads, however, all of my hard surface spaces are big enough that it really makes it less of an option now.  But the wet sweeper pads are great for quick clean up jobs or in your bathroom.
  • Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion, 2 – 18 ounce bottles, $4.00 off; limit 1: It’s winter and dry skin season at my house.  The Aveeno lotion is my favorite because it is thick and goes on nicely without feeling sticky or unpleasant, plus it doesn’t have a fragrance.  I think the thing I like most is the nice thick texture of the lotion though because it allows it to keep my skin moisturized all day long.  Even my somewhat temperamental skin can deal well with this lotion because it doesn’t have anything irritating like the fragrances or greasiness that you find in other moisturizers.  The two, large sized bottles of this that you get in the pack at Costco are usually enough to keep me in lotion for the whole year too.
  • Snapware 36-Piece MODS Food Storage Set, $5.00 off; limit 5; no coupon needed: I’ve got some Snapware containers (that I didn’t buy at Costco) that I absolutely love.  They have a super seal but are still so easy to get into and close up that you can’t believe they are sealed so well.  I find that they are great for things like cereal and crackers.  However, this set is nice because they’ve got some smaller sized containers that you could use for taking your lunch to work.  And with their tight seal, you wouldn’t have to worry about anything spilling or leaking out of them either.  All of the containers that I have now are really big, so it would be nice to have the smaller ones that you could use for leftovers and get away from using so many Ziplocs perhaps.  I’ve been eying these for a few weeks now, so with the $5.00 off, I might just finally be tempted to buy the set and expand my Snapware collection.
  • If you’re looking for an easy way to see all of the online savings that you can get this month at Costco.com, there’s a page for that.  You can see all of the great deals on electronics, exercise equipment, furniture, and other assorted items at a glance with pictures and links.

Tags: costco.com · Coupons · Food · Health & Beauty · Holidays · Household Items Share

1. 1 This Week at Costco – January 17, 2010 | Addicted To Costco! // 2010.01.23 at 9:17 am

[…] Don’t forget that this is the last weekend for the current Costco Coupon Book. […]

2. 2 Ann Chadwick // 2010.01.19 at 4:05 pm

I am interested in purchasing the Charleston Deluxe Console entertainment center made by Bayside Furnishings. I have been unable to find one at any of the
    Costco warehouses in my area. Will you be getting more of this item?

3. 3 Yosef // 2010.01.19 at 9:47 am

Hi,
    Any chance that you know how much 2 liter soda costs at Costco? I might be able to order some online that I think will be cheaper, but I was planning a Costco trip for later in the week… problem is that if I wait to check at Costco, it will be too late for me to order them online :(
    Thanks

4. 4 Sandy // 2010.01.18 at 3:42 pm

Does anyone know if it is cheaper to buy the Kirkland diapers and wipes or the Huggies diapers and wipes with the $9 off coupon?

5. 5 This Week at Costco – January 10, 2010 | Addicted To Costco! // 2010.01.16 at 9:06 am

[…] I can’t wait to have some leftovers to store.  So, don’t forget to check out the January coupon book.  It’s good through the 24th of January, and there are some good deals to […]

6. 6 Kimberly // 2010.01.16 at 7:23 am

Shawna, it is Costco’s policy to only send the coupon book to the primary member. You could always try just going to the Customer Service desk in your local Costco and ask them for a copy of the latest coupon book. They are usually really good about giving them out if they still have extra ones.

7. 7 Shawna // 2010.01.16 at 1:04 am

I was trying to read through all the posts, but couldn’t find it….do you know why the add on member doesn’t get coupons? Or can they? I am on my parents card and they live in California, but I’m in Oregon and would love to coupons sent to me as well.

8. 8 Sam // 2010.01.15 at 8:22 am

if I have two coupons books (my parents don;t use theirs) can I use both sets?

• 9 Kimberly // 2010.01.15 at 11:08 am

Sam, I believe that you’re only supposed to use each coupon once per membership. Of course, I’m not sure how well they monitor this or if they do at all. I know people on here have commented that they have used the same coupon multiple times.

9. 10 DB // 2010.01.13 at 9:31 am

Kimberly, you and my wife are both correct in your interpretation (free shave gel, not free gel and $8 off). At least, that’s how the coupon rang up. Oh well, we’re not paying any extra! Thanks.

10. 11 Carla // 2010.01.12 at 6:32 pm

Carmel, Thanks for your note. Finally I’ve found a Costco that is holding a Vita Mix Roadshow this week. I am driving to Louisville, Ky on Thursday to check it out and JOIN Costco. I hope I don’t see the demo and find out I don’t really like the thing.
    I’m super excited to just be able to buy anything and everything when I get there!

11. 12 Kimberly // 2010.01.12 at 8:46 am

DB, after looking at the coupons, it is a little more confusing than it probably needs to be, isn’t it? However, I think that they mean if you buy the razors, you get the shave gel for free and the free shave gel has a normal price of $8.00.

12. 13 Robin // 2010.01.12 at 1:56 am

I bought the Snapware 32 piece set the last time I saw them on sale and love them. I also bought the cereal container recently, before realizing the new set includes the large and medium cereal containers.

I’ve been holding out for a sale and decided tonight to pick up 2 sets.

The ones I love the most are the small 1.25 cup squares. They are the perfect size for freezing a portion of veges, when I’ve cooked a large batch. With most containers you have to commit to eating the same thing over and over for days.

The containers freeze well (I haven’t microwaved in them), nest well for storage and stack nicely in the freezer. (I bought myself a small freezer last week to support my Costco fix.)

I picked up a 16GB Sandisk USB Flash Drive to help with storing some of the files from my computer, as my external drive is being temperamental.

I snatched up what appeared to be the last two bags of Chex’s Muddy Buddies and a bag of Pita chips that were marked down in the store.

I’ve been eying the Angus burgers ever since I tried them at a demo. The cheeseburger ones seemed a bit high in calories (around 500 calories depending on which design box I looked at), so when I found the plain burgers that I could add my own low calorie bun and cheese. I had one for dinner tonight. Yum!

13. 14 DB // 2010.01.11 at 10:48 pm

How do others read the Gillette Venus coupon? I read this as buy razors, get $8 AND shave gel for free. My wife read it as buy razors and get gel for free (since the coupon says $8 and the razors are $7.99). We are just discussing this now after purchase so I can’t go back to the store and ask/complain. Thanks, DB

14. 15 Carmel // 2010.01.11 at 11:56 am

Carla–

My mom purchased a VitaMix from Costco at LEAST ten years ago (probably more like 15). It still works great, and when we are in town, she uses it all the time. It is the best blender available, and can crush just about everything to a pulp. My parents live in CA and have a backyard full of fruits and veggies, so they get their money’s worth out of the Vitamix. I would recommend it, especially if you like smoothies or use a blender to make soups or sauces.

15. 16 This Week at Costco – January 3, 2010 | Addicted To Costco! // 2010.01.09 at 9:35 am

[…] RSS privacy policy archives guest posts costco locations costco coupons about home ← Costco Coupon Book – January 7 – January 24, 2010 […]

16. 17 Kimberly // 2010.01.08 at 2:58 pm

Costco will not accept a print out or a copy of a coupon, unfortunately. However, you might be able to get one from the Customer Service desk in your Costco. And, some Costco’s don’t even require you to supply them with the physically coupons now. But it isn’t the policy at all Costco locations.

17. 18 Cookie // 2010.01.08 at 2:54 pm

I don’t usually receive the coupon books since they’re sent to my mom’s house. Do you know if Costco will accept these coupons if I print them out? Thanks!

18. 19 Carla // 2010.01.08 at 1:20 pm

Sorry this is not about the coupon book, but have any of you purchased a Vita Mix machine from Costco? And if so, please let me know how you like or dislike it.
    And do any of you know when they might be holding the next in-store demo on the Vita Mix?
    ~Carla

19. 20 Kimberly // 2010.01.07 at 2:54 pm

I’m trying to avoid the Skinny Cows because I love them and will want one everyday if I buy them again.

I like the microfiber cleaning cloths too. They are good for cleaning everything from mirrors to floors and all the stuff in between. I was hoping that they’d be having a coupon for the Kirkland Signature laundry detergent and fabric softener this month, but I guess this is the name brand month.

20. 21 TK // 2010.01.07 at 2:39 pm

Time to get tooth paste, razors and tax software :-)

21. 22 Clue // 2010.01.07 at 2:38 pm

I’m looking forward to the fresh boneless pork chops, the all-natural grilled chicken strips, the Skinny Cows and stockpiling the Birds Eye Garlic Chicken meals. I hope we get the Tony Roma’s baby back ribs here. DH loves ’em, but not the Curly’s.

As for the cleaning supplies, I’ll use the Dawn coupon, but have gone to using the Kirkland Earth-Friendly laundry detergent and their new fabric softener. Plus I now exclusively use Costco’s automotive microfiber towels with a bit of plain water for dusting, mirrors and basic cleaning, and a Haan steam mop for the floors (I wish Costco were carrying the latter, instead of the awful Steam Pocket).

Had to laugh at the Pepsi coupon, given the recent history. Somebody caved big time!