AddictedToCostco.com is Moving….and So Am I

February 6th, 2010 · 20 Comments

In the next week, we will be relocating this blog to a hosted server.  It seems that there are just too many people that like to read about Costco for me to keep serving up the content from my home office.  The look and feel should remain the same, but hopefully download speeds will seem greatly improved.  And we shouldn’t have glitchy down-times like we did yesterday when our server had an issue and took down my blog.  We’ve been talking about moving to a different server for a while now but since we are actually moving now, it has kind of forced the issue.  After we move the blog, I do plan to add a couple of new features, including the RSS feed for comments that has been requested (I haven’t forgotten).  But we’re also thinking of adding a discussion forum to let all of you drive the topics a little more and to augment the information that I write about.

Look kids, Big Ben, Parliment

Look kids, Big Ben, Parliament

As I mentioned, I’m also moving.  But luckily, we’ll still be close enough to a Costco location to shop there regularly.  You know it was the first thing I checked!  Of course, it will be a somewhat different Costco experience, I imagine, because it will be a Costco in London (yes, London in England).  We’ll be moving to London for the next year or so for Dave’s job which is all very exciting, and totally daunting at the same time. The movers are coming next week and all of a sudden it’s very real and has me a little stressed out. But I’ll still be posting, to keep myself relaxed.  :-)

Despite the move, I still plan on writing about my love of Costco: what I buy, coupons (for the US and London, if they give them), new locations, and any other Costco news of note.  I will still be publishing Guest Posts from various readers, as well.  So, there will still be plenty of stuff to read.

Tags: General · In the News Share

1. 1 Jacob // 2010.08.11 at 10:56 am

Thanks Sarah :) Just for those interested they’re $21.99 here without coupon in oz. (~US$19.79 when AUD=0.90 USD)

2. 2 Sarah // 2010.02.13 at 3:40 pm

@Jacob

Just came back from Costco here in Austin, TX. The jelly bellys are $14.99 without coupon.

3. 3 H. // 2010.02.11 at 12:14 pm

Jolly good luck indeed!
    Enjoy the new surroundings!

4. 4 Jacqueline // 2010.02.10 at 2:15 pm

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting anything on here. I saw you are moving from the US to the UK as I did and wondering what Costco here is like. I did the same move from California to Caterham (greater London) nearly two years ago. I too always wondered what Costco was like. As far as the layout, it is identical. They have all the same departments: bakery, tyre centre, food court etc. Don’t expect the pizza or hot dogs to be anywhere as good. It is still £1.50 for a hot dog and soda. The cakes in the bakery are the same, you’ll be pleased to here. Most of the other things in the bakery, apart from the muffins, differ slightly. The products stocked are all UK products. You do get a small amount of products from the US such as food but there is not much to choose from. The values are all very good. You still get coupons in the mail and yes, your US menbership is valid here. The return policy is the same. Your nearest ones will be in Thurrock, where I used to go a lot, or Croydon, which just opened and luckily is much closer to me. Good luck in your move!

5. 5 Kimberly // 2010.02.09 at 4:23 pm

Thanks everyone for the good wishes!
    So, a little update on our move. The movers have been here both Monday and today and will be back Wednesday and Thursday as well. But they’ve gotten most of the stuff packed up, so hopefully it will be less stressful the rest of the week. On Friday, we will be leaving Austin, and our Costco here, behind. Which makes me a little sad, but I’m looking forward to being in London. And of course, seeing what Costco UK is like.

When we get to London, we will temporarily be in the Kensington area while we look for a flat for the year. We’re looking at flats kind of around Hyde Park. We’re really looking forward to living in such a downtown/urban area for a change of pace. And even though Costco won’t be anywhere near as close as the 10 minute drive it is now, we’ll still go all the time, because, as you know, I’m addicted. LOL

I should be back to posting regularly next week.

6. 6 Pat // 2010.02.09 at 3:39 pm

Wow I’m excited for you! Can’t wait to hear about (Costco) life in London. Good luck with the move :)

7. 7 Tampa Slim // 2010.02.09 at 12:20 pm

I meant to say – “helping all us – Costco-ites out”

must be the coffee buzz hitting me right now.

TS

8. 8 Tampa Slim // 2010.02.09 at 12:18 pm

Take me!!! j/k

What an exciting adventure and I hope everything goes smoothly.

We appreciate your hard work and for keeping all us “Costco-ites” out. Wow I invented a new word.

“Costco-ites”
    TS

9. 9 Jacob // 2010.02.08 at 5:51 am

Can anyone tell me how much the Jelly Belly Jelly Beans (64 oz.) cost over in the USA at Costco without the current $4 coupon? Would love to make a direct comparison with the Australian Costco store. Thanks in advance :)

10. 10 Nabeela // 2010.02.07 at 11:49 am

All the best with the move!

11. 11 Gerry // 2010.02.07 at 9:47 am

Senior Management has been to Costco in the UK. Her brother was stunned at the bargains there. Costco has a horrible website there plus no magazine. Maybe you can move them in the 21st?

12. 12 Carla // 2010.02.07 at 9:06 am

Yikes! was my first reaction and “oh no, was my second because you are my only link to Costco.” My closest is 100miles and I get all my information from your blog. I just joined Costco in January. I’ve been following you for months and just love your blog.
    I wish you the best of luck and hope you get settled quickly. At least everyone will speak the same language. For a spell my family moved to Quebec and everyone spoke French. My husband speaks French but that didn’t help me any while he was at work. You should post a picture of yourself in front of your new neighborhood Costco in London.

13. 13 Jacob // 2010.02.07 at 8:32 am

Good luck! and thanks for the great blog. Even though it’s mostly specific to Costco in the USA it’s good to see what they have to offer. Gives me hope of what they may offer in the future here in Australia.

PS. They’ve started to offer coupons in Australia, which looks to be an ongoing thing too! Woo!

14. 14 amandakellyuk@yahoo.com // 2010.02.06 at 6:02 pm

I moved from Houston 2 years ago to london and am a frequent visitor to the costco over here! there are a few of them! It’s a little taste of home… Lots of the same things- Definitely has made the move a lot easier having a costco especially around the holidays-even have lots of american magazines! Good luck with your move what part of london are you moving too…

15. 15 RickieM // 2010.02.06 at 6:01 pm

Wow, best of luck in your new environs! And for me if I were to move the first thing I would do is check to see if there was a Costco in the area. It will be interesting hearing what Costco in London is like.

16. 16 Dan // 2010.02.06 at 3:47 pm

Wow Kim, that’s a big move! That is very exciting, and you certainly seem to be taking everything in stride. As soon as you get settled, you’ll have to make some posts describing all the differences between the UK and US Costcos.

Heh, will your US membership card work there, or do they make you buy a UK membership? Inquiring minds…

Best of luck, will you guys be returning to Austin after the year is up?

17. 17 Clue // 2010.02.06 at 1:39 pm

>> “The movers are coming next week” <<

Duh on me! I was sooo excited for you, I missed the part I wanted to know about!

Stress-free moving vibes to you, and safe journeys.

18. 18 Rob W // 2010.02.06 at 1:28 pm

Move is exciting and good for you so good luck. Anxiety you will stop blog is what I feel. Recently told local Costco employees about blog. They follow it now. By the way they were open during today’s blizzard. Only me and 1 other shopper there. No big lines!

19. 19 Clue // 2010.02.06 at 12:05 pm

Uber cool! So when is the big move to London happening?

20. 20 meesha.v // 2010.02.06 at 9:44 am