Costco Coupon Book – April 15 – May 9, 2010

April 13th, 2010 · 12 Comments

Just in time to take the sting out of tax day, Costco’s got a new coupon book.  They’ve changed the format a little bit, which I find much nicer.  They now have all of the online coupons on separate pages, so that they aren’t combined with the coupons that you can use in the warehouses.  It makes it much easier to quickly browse through for items to pick up at your local Costco.

This latest coupon book runs from April 15 through May 9th.  There are 70 coupons that you can use at your local warehouse, then another 14 instant savings (no coupon necessary) items, plus an additional 20 coupons that are good only at Costco.com.  So, that’s quite a bit of savings you can enjoy for the next three and a half weeks.  I’ve created a PDF for the April Costco Coupon Book (3.8 MB PDF) that you can download or browse through, in case you haven’t gotten yours yet.  Unfortunately, you cannot print out the PDF and use it in lieu of original coupons at Costco (for all of you that ask); Costco will only accept the original coupons.

There are plenty of great things you can save on this month, of course tires ($70.00 off a set of 4 Bridgestone tires), lots of items for Spring cleaning, including car, and also some items that would be great for enjoying a nice summer after the long winter.  The instant savings deals are filled with deals on computers and electronics, as are the Costco.com coupons.  I did want to point out to all of you looking for a new mattress, there’s also an instant savings deal of $100.00 off of a Sealy Barryton Queen Mattress Set.  There are a few other things that I wanted to specifically mention too:

• Kirkland Signature Jacquard Beach Towels, 40″ x 72″, $3.00 off; no limit. I love the KS beach towels, so much so that I have two sets even.  They are really nice and thick, which is great for those times when you aren’t laying on the softest of surfaces.  They are also all plush and soft, which feels nice but I think that the plushness also keeps the sand from clinging to it as much so that you aren’t being exfoliated the whole time you’re laying on the towel.  They always have them in a variety of colors and patterns; good for the whole family really.  The other thing that I really like about these is that they don’t fade with all the sun and washing; mine still look bright and colorful after a couple of years of use.  I don’t think you’ll find a better deal on comparable beach towels anywhere either, especially not with $3.00 off.
  • KitchenAid Stand Mixer Professional HD Series, 475 Watt motor with 5 quart bowl, $40.00 off; limit 3. I know, I know, I write about this every time they have a coupon for it.  But it really is that good of a deal.  Even without a coupon, Costco almost always has the best prices on the KitchenAid mixers, but with the coupon they are a spectacular deal.  I’ve had my KitchenAid for years now and use it often and it is still going strong and looks like the day that I bought it.  My mom has had her KitchenAid for decades (almost 3 now I think) and it still works fantastically.  These mixers are durable and will definitely be a once in a lifetime purchase.  If you really like someone they would make a great gift or you could just make the investment in your own kitchen gadgetry.  You can also get these through Costco.com: currently $299.99, including shipping.  That would be just $259.99 if you use this coupon.  Also, you can get a mail-in rebate form online that will allow you to get a free attachment of either the Food Grinder or the Rotor-Slicer/Shredder for free when you buy the mixer.
  • Bellatoria Ultra Thin Crust Pizza, 3 pack, $3.50 off; limit 10. I know frozen pizzas aren’t gourmet or anything, but they are quick and easy to prepare.  So, if you like to keep some on hand for a simple no hassle dinner or lunch, these are really delicious.  I think I like these because they have a very thin crust that you can get very, very crispy.  I always have a hard time getting a crispy enough crust when I order a pizza, so I actually prefer these sometimes.  They have a variety of toppings but the pepperoni is really our favorite because it’s got a nice spicy zing to it.  The last time I bought these they were $12.99, so that would be $9.49 with this coupon.  I would definitely be taking advantage of this coupon if we were in the US right now.  I might even get a couple of boxes of them.
  • FoodSaver Heat Seal Vacuum Bag and Roll Combo Pack, $8.00 off; limit 3. I wanted to point this coupon out for all of you that use the FoodSaver to portion out your bulk food purchases from Costco.  I’m so jealous! :-)  We were going to finally buy a FoodSaver but then we found out we were moving, so we decided to skip it since it couldn’t come with us.  In any case, this is such a good idea if you’re going to take the time to portion out your food, you might as well use great tools to do it.  I know that Costco, at least where we were in Austin, always had the FoodSaver and the bag and roll combo pack available.  But without a coupon the bags are a little on the pricey side, so you definitely want to take note of this and stock up!

Those are just some of the things that I wanted to call attention to, but there are a ton of other things that are good deals this month.  For instance, that Kirkland Signature Crystal Clear Cutlery (that’s plastic forks, knives, and spoons to you and me) is a great deal at $2.00 off and some of the best plasticware ever!  It’s durable and you could actually use it to eat with, without worrying about the fork bending under the pressure of your lettuce leaves.  And to go with that you can get some Hefty foam plates for $2.00 off, and you’re ready to have a picnic.

Tags: costco.com · Coupons · Food · Household Items Share

1. 1 Crystal Reports Barcode // 2014.11.24 at 4:17 am

Don’t forget that Costco did this to be nice to the customers. DON’T ABUSE the system or they will go back to the way it was. Sure, we all double up once in a while and I don’t think that’s a problem. And I’m thinking costco has some deal with the manufacturer where they don’t need to provide the coupon for reimbursment, these are manufacturer coupons, in case anyone didn’t know. The mfg pays costco for the coupon use. I still wish costco would allow ‘normal’ coupons like BJ’s. If they did I think I’d drop the BJ’s memebership (although they have a better variety if items).

For those that don’t have the coupon, you should know that most places the cashiers have the books at the register and they can scan those for you. And to the person who asked… yes they need the barcode off the back of the coupon, but as I just stated they usually have those at the registers. Some costcos are different and require you to surrender the coupon on use, others don’t.

As others have stated ALMOST all coupons are the same, look at the barcode, they started doing this in the last year and I made a comment when it happened becuase I was thinking they messed up on the printing, nope. One coupon for most/all items. Very cool if you ask me!

2. 2 Janelle // 2011.03.04 at 3:27 pm

can these costco coupons be used in other stores?

3. 3 Kiana // 2010.04.19 at 1:20 pm

I just answered some questions regarding coupons and price adjustments to a friend and she mentioned this site so I thought I would post my comments here as I’m a very frequent Costco customer. All of these comments are from my experience with the California store locations near the South Bay / San Jose area:

1. What’s the deal with coupons…(1) some stores like Almaden, will ask you to clip it because that particular store was audited and required to show how many people actually had the coupons versus those who were just given the sale prices. (2) Other stores like the Senter and Automation stores were not, so you don’t need to clip out any, just alert the cashier though or like in my case, frequently forgetting my coupon book at home and they’ll punch in their Master Coupon Code which covers all your coupon related items…again, you should alert them because sometimes they’ll forget or don’t think to do it automatically. (3) Then there are stores like the Lawrence one, which I believe still asks you to clip at least one of the coupons for all the sale items. But most fall under the first or second category.

2. Coupon adjustment…Per a price/product auditor at one of the San Jose locations, all in-store items purchased can be adjusted within 30 days at ALL Costco locations if you bring the receipt to the EXACT location you made the initial purchase. For in-store, I’ve done it twice without a problem. It used to be 14 days on non coupon items only like maybe if price just went down lower, but they changed the policy a few months ago to include coupon items too. FYI, it used to also be, if you wanted the price difference you’d have to re purchase the same item with the coupon and return the first full price item and get a full refund on the old receipt, or they can look up your customer purchase history on their computer. Such a hassle and I think maybe people complained or something?? And yes, they keep your purchase history for years, if not since the beginning of your membership! For online store items, it’s 90 days adjustment. This info was given to me when making a large online purchase and the rep said not many people know that, but it is a 90 day adjustment. Again, this is in the USA.

• 4 Kimberly // 2010.04.20 at 7:22 am

The stuff about getting a price adjustment because of a coupon is great to know, and something that people ask about quite a bit. The last time I tried to get a price adjustment, the Austin Costco that I shop at made me buy the item again and then return it with the original (non-discounted price) receipt. This is one policy change that I think will make people really happy. Because there is nothing worse than buying something and then the next week there is a great coupon for it.

Thanks Kiana for sharing this information!

4. 5 Margie // 2010.04.16 at 6:40 pm

Thanks for all the coupon tips.
    I’ll go to the warehouse on Monday (staying out of the way of those of you who need to shop on the weekend) and try to score a coupon from customer service or a friendly customer.

5. 6 Lauren // 2010.04.15 at 11:08 pm

Just found your site – love it. Question though, I thought Costco stopped requiring the paper coupons – they were applying them automatically. Has that changed?

• 7 Kimberly // 2010.04.16 at 4:32 am

Lauren, some Costco’s still do this and some don’t. At my location in Austin, I was told that the manufacturer’s were not good with Costco not requiring people to hand over the actual coupons. I am sure that it has to do with enforcing the limits on how many items you can buy with the coupons. However, that said, I know that there are a lot of Costco’s that don’t make you give them a physical coupon. And then there’s always the fact that they all have the same bar code on the back, so you really only need one coupon to get discounts on all of the items that you purchased that were on special.

6. 8 tle // 2010.04.15 at 10:11 pm

Margie,
    you can borrow a coupon from somebody in the warehouse. You only need to scan one coupon. The computer will recognize all the items that your have bought and deduct the coupon prize accordingly. So look at the coupon book above (pdf) for all sale items and just ask nicely the shopper behind you to borrow a coupon!

7. 9 Margie // 2010.04.15 at 3:22 pm

I joined Costco March 16, and was looking forward to my first mailing of coupons.
    When they didn’t arrive, I called customer service and was told that I won’t get coupons til JULY! She said the mailing are set up way in advance.
    Until July, I can call in each month and ask for coupons to be mailed to me.
    I just spent $100 on a membership. Shouldn’t I get coupons now?
    What a bummer.

• 10 Kimberly // 2010.04.16 at 4:36 am

Margie, you can almost always go to the Customer Service desk and get a coupon book too. It is unfortunate that it takes so long to get the coupons once you join. And as TLE said, you just need one from a nice person in the store, or a nice cashier, to take advantage of all of the coupon deals.

8. 11 Robin // 2010.04.15 at 3:06 am

The cutlery coupon came just in time as I signed up to bring the forks and knives for our Relay For Life team.

I also love Kirkman Trash Bags. They are large and strong and perfect for when a kitchen bag won’t do.

Not in the coupon book, but my Costco just got back in the Simplehuman Sensor Soap Pump 2 pack. I checked online and the are listed for $39 each. Costco has 2 for $50.

I buy the large jugs of liquid soap, and got fed up trying to fill the messy pump bottles. You can fill the Simple Human through a locking opening in the top.

9. 12 Coupon-Holder.com – Saving Money Online with Coupons and Bargain Deals | Costco Coupon Book – April 15 – May 9, 2010 | Addicted To Costco! // 2010.04.13 at 7:11 am

[…] original post here: Costco Coupon Book – April 15 – May 9, 2010 | Addicted To Costco! [!] Report this post Processing your request, Please […]