Costco Coupon Book – May 13 – June 6, 2010

May 13th, 2010 · 17 Comments

It’s time for the latest Costco Coupon Book!  This latest bunch of US coupons runs from May 13 (today) through June 6, which gives you three weeks and three days to get to Costco to pick up any of the items that you want or need.  There are 74 coupons that are good in the warehouses, and of a few of those are items that you can also get through Costco.com.  In addition to those coupons, there are 10 instant savings items that you can pick up in the warehouses, without clipping a single coupon.

If you haven’t gotten your coupons yet, or just need a refresher, here’s you can view or download the May Costco Coupon Book as a PDF.  There are several coupons that I will be sad to miss out on this time.  And a couple that I wish I could use here to replenish my stocks on things like toothbrushes.  As usual, there is a coupon for $70.00 off of a set of 4 Michelin Tires.  And interestingly, a coupon for every brand of laundry product that Costco has, I think: Tide, All (back again I guess), Bounce, and Kirkland Signature.  The Kirkland Signature coupon is just for fabric softener.  I was glad to see All back, mostly because I really liked their Free and Clear detergent and it has been gone for a while.  The strangest coupon, I think, is a combination coupon for Johnson & Johnson Band-Aids and/or Neutrogena Acne Wash.  To me, that is a strange combination that doesn’t seem to go together at all.

If you are looking for some great deals from Costco.com on things like playsets, tents, televisions, or furniture you can see all of the latest deals online.  This month there is more than $2,800.00 in online savings and they cover a pretty wide range of products too.

So, here are my favorite five coupons in this latest coupon book:

Oxi Clean, 15 pounds, $4.00 off; limit 2: This stuff really is as amazing as everyone says!  And the coupon makes this big box a very good deal too.  I use mine in laundry to keep things like white sheets and socks really bright white.  It can get out a wide variety of stains too and you don’t have to worry about it damaging your clothes (at least I haven’t had that problem).  I’m going to reprint my review of this that I did in August 2009:  Okay, I’m going to try to not yell like the guy on television about how good this is.  But, wow, this gets things like sheets and socks super white.  It’s kind of amazing.  And honestly, I’m not sure that I would have believed it if I hadn’t seen what a big difference it made in my white laundry items.  But laundry is not all that you can clean with it.  You can also scrub your grout to a new level of cleanliness, though be warned that you’re still going to have to put some serious elbow grease into it too.  I was hoping that I would put the water and OxiClean solution on my floor and the grout would suddenly become like-new clean.  That never happened but it did get a lot cleaner with some scrubbing than it had previously when I used other cleaners.  My cousin also says that she uses it in her carpet cleaner.  She dissolves the OxiClean in the hot water, puts it into the cleaner, and then gets her carpet even cleaner than normal.  The packaging lists even more ways that you can use it to get things clean: awnings, patio furniture, siding, decks, and just about any hard surface.  They also give the amounts for these fun cleaning chores.  Primarily, I wanted it for cleaning floors and laundry.  However, I might try it on some other things too.  15 pounds for $13.39 ($17.39 – $4.00 coupon) (That was the price when I bought it in 2009).

Off! Family Care 4-Pack or Clip-On with 6 Refills, $3.00 off; limit 2: This is a great coupon in time for summer bug season.  I find Off! to be the most effective bug spray for me, and as the designated mosquito attractant at any outdoor event, I really get a lot of time to try the bug sprays out.  The Off! in this Family Care Pack was in my arsenal because it goes on powdery smooth and dries without leaving that sticky residue that you usually get from bug spray.  Not to mention, it smells fresh and not like stinky bug spray.  We had some of this that I had to get rid of when we moved, but I would definitely have taken advantage of this coupon if we were in the US.  I would spray a little on before going walking or hiking or working out in the yard and it would actually keep me from getting eaten alive.  I would also take a big can of this when we were going camping and spray it on me and in the general area where we were sitting even.  I’ve never tried the new Off! Clip-On thing though, so I don’t know how well that works.  However, the concept is great because you don’t have to spray anything on your skin (which can be worrying for several reasons) but also because it is supposed to cover more than just the person wearing it, as I understand it.  It would be great for an outdoor party or camping.

Hebrew National Kosher Beef Franks, 4 – 12 ounce packs, $2.50 off; limit 6: I know how much everyone loves the Hebrew National hot dogs, so I thought I would point out that they have a coupon for these this month.  These are all beef franks, that are kosher to boot, and are delicious.  These may or may not be the frank of choice in your Costco Food Court but are definitely the most popular choice when I talk to people or post anything here.  I like that they are generously sized.  Since it is getting to be warm and summery, and everyone is thinking about going camping or having a cook out in the back yard, this is the perfect time to stock up on hot dogs!  Each of these packs, appears (from the picture in the coupon book) to have 7 franks, so in all you should get 28, which is certainly enough to keep you stocked up for a while.  Because they are all beef, these franks grill beautifully too.  They can get all nice and crispy on the outside but still stay delicious on the inside, and all without burning to a crisp.  Now if they only had a coupon for buns and mustard too!

FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System, $30.00 off; limit 3; also on Costco.com: This is always a great deal and much loved and talked about here.  Sadly, I still don’t have one, which is good I guess since it probably wouldn’t have worked in the UK anyway.  As an added value, you also get: Oval Marinator Canister, Heat Seal Roll and 12 Pre-Made Quart Size Heat Seal Bags.  Costco seems to keep a continual stock of the bags that you need to use with the FoodSaver, which is good because I’m sure they are much cheaper than if you had to purchase them someplace else.  They also have a variety of canisters that you can get to vacuum pack things that can’t or shouldn’t be squashed in a bag.  When we get back to the US, I’m definitely getting me one of these!  It’s great for those of us that shop at Costco and like to divide up our food when we get home.  Just think of how convenient this would make it to safely and perfectly pack up things like steaks or even burgers for your freezer.  Online at Costco.com, you can get the FoodSaver for $129.99 after the $30.00 off, which means it must be a little cheaper in the stores.

Kirkland Signature 5-Cheese Take and Bake Pizza, $3.00 off; no limit; instant savings: If you like the Costco Take and Bake Pizzas, like I do, then you will agree that this is a great deal.  You can find these back in the deli section, and take it home and bake it yourself.  Unfortunately, these pizzas are huge which means that you’re most likely not going to want to keep this hanging around in your fridge for too long, if you can even get it in your fridge in the first place.  We cook them pretty much as they suggest on the package, but turn on the broiler for the last minute or so of the cooking time to get the cheese nice and bubbly.  I like that these pizzas aren’t swimming in tomato sauce and have enough cheese to actually cover the pizza.  The crust is really good too because it gets nice and crunchy.  It is a big pizza though, so it’s hard to finish this if you don’t have a crowd.  But then, cold pizza for breakfast is good sometimes too.  Or, if you are clever like my mom, you will cut this into little sections and keep them  in your freezer until you want a few slices of pizza, essentially making your own frozen pizzas.

Tags: costco.com · Coupons · Electronics · Food · Health & Beauty · Household Items Share

1. 1 Ken Chida // 2010.06.03 at 1:54 pm

The 5-cheese pizza is pretty darn heavy. Just remove some cheese from the top — save it for some nachos or something. Then, thrown on some olives, artichokes, zucchini and you’ll have yourself a nice healthy pizza. I thought it was very tasty!

2. 2 Eileen // 2010.06.02 at 10:47 am

Regarding Costco’s coupon booklets – I’ve had 3 different experiences depending on who is checking me out.

1) Must tear out each individual coupon, 2) just let them scan one and all other coupons are deducted on items bought, and 3) just tear the pages out that include the coupon(s)being used.

When we were last at our Costco (Grant Road, Tucson), the fellow bagging our items said just have the checker scan one coupon. The checker said the staff had just had a meeting and were told they needed to collect the actual coupons for all items. Guess this is a store-by-store issue.

3. 3 Phoenix // 2010.06.01 at 2:30 pm

I am an ardent costco fan too :) Just found this website!

@Alison,

The coupons are deducted even if you dont take the coupons with you. But it is nice to receive the book; because you know which of the items are on sale. They are not advertised in the stores :(

4. 4 Costco is CLOSED on Memorial Day (May 31, 2010) | Addicted To Costco! // 2010.05.27 at 8:30 am

[…] don’t forget that the latest coupon book has some good deals on soda, paper plates, napkins, and Hebrew National […]

5. 5 Carmel // 2010.05.26 at 5:54 pm

We got the SoniCare toothbrushes on coupon this month and they are AMAZING. I feel like I just walked out of the dentist’s office each time I brush. Our dentist recommended them and said, “If you get electric brushes, get SoniCare, not another brand…the others just don’t work as well.” We’ve been pleased with them.

Another coupon recommendation is the frozen fruit bars (popsicles). They are really tasty and made with real fruit and juice. The strawberry flavor has real strawberry pieces in it! We are going back for more already!

6. 6 Kimberly // 2010.05.26 at 3:17 pm

It’s a lot of cheese, way more than the basil & mozzarella ones for sure. I don’t find it as greasy as the cheese pizzas I get from pizza places but you know, it is cheese so there is some. Here’s the text of a previous post I wrote about this pizza:

Kirkland Signature Take and Bake 5 Cheese Pizza – Now, I know these aren’t the healthiest thing that I could choose, and some will say that it isn’t the best tasting pizza either. However, for $3.00 off of the already low price of $9.99, it’s a hard deal to pass up. I like the Costco pizzas because you can get the crust very crunchy. I actually heard someone complaining about having to cook it themselves; that was the reason they didn’t want it. Seriously? If you’re too tired or whatever to slide a pizza into the oven and then remove it and cut it, you are maybe too tired to eat even, I mean with all that chewing. Crazy!

I really like the 5 cheese pizza from Costco and we used to get them a lot. I actually miss them quite a bit here in the UK because no one here that we have ordered from makes a decent pizza.

7. 7 Ken Chida // 2010.05.26 at 3:09 pm

Has anyone here tried the 5-cheese pizza? Is there more cheese than normal? I just don’t want to end up with a giant grease-laden disk of cheese. I normally get the tomato-basil-mozzarella ones; they are relatively light.

8. 8 Yougn // 2010.05.26 at 8:24 am

My local Costcos, Woodbridge, and Manassas, VA will just scan a bar code they have at the register and it applies all coupons. No clipping needed! Just ask your store and see if that’s what they do.

9. 9 Costco Coupons | A Frugal Chick // 2010.05.26 at 4:02 am

[…] for Costco! And there is a whole blog devoted to Costco and the deals you can get there. Check out Addicted to Costco! Coupons Share […]

10. 10 This Week at Costco – May 9, 2010 | Addicted To Costco! // 2010.05.22 at 4:38 am

[…] for those of you US Costco fans, don’t forget that you’ve got coupons to use.  The current Costco Coupon Book expires after June 6th, and there are plenty of things that you might want to pick up for any […]

11. 11 Tanya // 2010.05.16 at 2:25 pm

I’ am addicted to Costco. I just realized that there are many people out there are just like me. Thanks to you now I can go to this website before I go to Costco to get coupon book.

12. 12 Ted // 2010.05.16 at 1:48 pm

Regarding the pizza deal – I heard an intresting fact recently, that Costco is the second largest pizza provider in the U.S. – unbelievabile, however, I am not suprised! Can anyone verify and/or tell me where to verify this fact?

• 13 Kimberly // 2010.05.18 at 1:13 am

Ted, I’m not sure if that is true or not but certainly wouldn’t shock me. It’s a bit like them being the leading seller of those little roasted chickens; the amount of those they sell is amazing. I’ll have to see if I can track down a reference to their pizza popularity.

13. 14 Clue // 2010.05.14 at 2:21 pm

No Alison, you can’t. Don’t even try it! They require the original coupons, with the bar codes on the back. Stop at your locla Costco service desk and see if they have extras. And call the Costco Customer Service number and ask to be added to the mailing list.

14. 15 Alison // 2010.05.14 at 2:07 pm

Wow! I’ve just discovered this website and yes, I”m totally addicted to Costco. I recieve their Costco Connection magazine with my membership, but have never recieved any coupons/coupon book from them. I assume I can download the PDF version and use those coupons?? Thanks for putting this all together….great website!!

15. 16 Emily (Bentobloggy) // 2010.05.13 at 8:28 pm

I’m totally taking advantage of the Off coupon, as well as the sunblock coupon they have right now – it is an amazing savings!

16. 17 Tweets that mention Costco Coupon Book – May 13 – June 6, 2010 | Addicted To Costco! -- Topsy.com // 2010.05.13 at 4:23 am

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Kurt. Kurt said: Addicted – Costco Coupon Book – May 13 – June 6, 2010 http://bit.ly/c3prsf […]