Guest Post: Follow Up on All Wood Cabinetry

June 10th, 2010 · 12 Comments

You might remember reading Maria’s previous Guest Post, “Kitchen Cabinets from All Wood Cabinetry?”   In the end, Maria decided to go with the cabinets from All Wood Cabinetry through Costco and has been gracious enough to share pictures of her beautiful completed kitchen remodel.  Here’s what Maria has to say:

Thank you so much for posting my original question.  This forum was helpful to us as we made our decision to buy from AWC/Cotco.  Here are the pictures from our kitchen.  We bought  Lancaster Toffee Glaze and we are pleased with the results.

Hope these pictures can help others to decide what they want to do.

Thanks again,
Maria

Maria's AWC & Costco Cabinets

Maria's AWC & Costco Cabinets

Maria's kitchen from a second angle

Maria's kitchen from a second angle

From a third angle

From a third angle

Just from seeing the pictures, I have to say: wow, the whole kitchen looks beautiful!  And I really do like the cabinets.  All of it goes together so nicely.  If you want to see the full-sized images, just click on the pictures.

If anyone else has pictures that they would like to share of their cabinets froms Costco and All Wood Cabinetry, let me know and I’ll post them too.  It is so useful to see real life pictures of the cabinets and hear everyone’s feedback on purchasing the cabinets and the whole process.  I know I’ve found it really interesting to read, so thanks for all the great feedback and responses to the original post.

Tags: Decorating · Guest Posts · Household Items · services Share

1. 1 Bob // 2012.08.02 at 4:35 pm

We love the cabinets. That is the Lancaster Toffe Glaze right? Also are your wall cabinets a different color than the base cabinets?

Looks great & thanks for the pictures.

• 2 Maria // 2012.08.03 at 12:03 pm

Hi there, It is Lancaster Toffee Glaze. The cabinet colors are the same on the top and bottom – the photo lighting makes them look different.

2. 3 Lynn // 2010.12.19 at 9:15 pm

Wow, thanks for the picture link… looks fabulous! I’m in the process of getting a quote now.

3. 4 Jill S. // 2010.11.03 at 4:39 pm

The kitchen is just beautiful!!! I love the Toffee Glaze. That is the one I’m considering too.
    I have to say, the cabinets look like very good quality.

I bet you saved a lot doing this through them?

Good job!

4. 5 marilyn // 2010.07.24 at 11:44 pm

I really really want to keep down my cost. I want to be a maverick and buy the cream color cabinets from costco. I want to use burnished brown grainite and laminate wood floor. I really am scared of making a mistake. Another company gave me an estimate of twice as much and I am being discouraged by my builder. Yet I want to stay withing my budget. I hear so many stories about ALL cabinets and I wonder does it matter. We are paying a great deal for our addition, yet we have a budget. I can use the rest of the money for my appliances.

5. 6 Rachel // 2010.06.21 at 2:03 pm

Maria,

WOW! Your kitchen is beautiful. You’ve really inspired me to get to work on mine. Can you tell me what brand of appliances you chose? We have a fairly new Kitchen Aid dishwasher that looks like yours. Also, do you like the microhood? We have very small kitchen and I would really like to put in double ovens so I need a place for the microwave. I keep reading reviews that they don’t vent very well. I can ususally smell what I cooked the night before as we have builders grade hood right now, does not work very well.

Thanks so much for sharing your pictures.

Rachel

• 7 Kimberly // 2010.06.22 at 3:05 am

Rachel, I have (or had in my house in Austin) a microwave & vent combo unit and I have to say it does not vent anywhere near as well as just having a regular vent hood. If I ever redo that kitchen, I will definitely be getting rid of it in favor of a real vent hood. It just doesn’t seem to be as powerful as the real vent hoods and I think that is my biggest gripe with them. Maybe you should look at the double ovens where the top oven is a convection & microwave oven. I think they are more expensive than a regular double oven, perhaps, but if you are tight on space and it combines the two functions, it might be worth it.

6. 8 Danita // 2010.06.14 at 10:55 pm

very nice. I also like the flooring and the diagonal pattern. I have done that a couple of times with tile floors and it gives a nice distinction to the floor.

7. 9 Costcolover // 2010.06.13 at 7:02 pm

What was the cost?

8. 10 Emily (Bentobloggy) // 2010.06.11 at 2:06 pm

Beautiful, congratulations!!

9. 11 Maria // 2010.06.10 at 1:51 pm

XUP – the flooring is birch – engineered wood. The product is Garrison Red River – Angelina. We liked the “french bleed” look. The diagonal was a bit of a risk but we’re happy with how it turned out. The flooring covers alot of space – it starts from our front door, down the hallway and into both a den/playroom and through the living/dining rooms, kitchen and family rooms. We thought the diagonal would add a bit of interest and would break up the length of the house a bit – the kitchen sits between the living/dining and the family room and is quite a long space!

10. 12 XUP // 2010.06.10 at 11:55 am

I love that flooring — is that laminant? It’s very interesting on the diagonal like that