[This post is courtesy of Frank who shops in Pittsburgh, PA. While Frank and his family have only had their Costco membership for just 10 months, he’s already working on his list of favorite things. Plus, he’s got a list of things that helped him lose 15 pounds in just a couple of months. Simple changes in the way you eat, really can add up.]
I am 29 year old Male (6’ 200lbs) on a recent health kick. I thought I’d share some great products that helped me lose 15 lbs in a couple months just by swapping out bad foods for better/healthier foods.
- Sabra – portioned controlled hummus- High in fiber/protein. Travels well, surprisingly filling, last long due to individual servings, surprisingly good cost compared with traditional bulk containers of hummus.
- Pita chips- very healthy chip for dipping in the hummus. Wish it were a bit cheaper, but sometimes you need to spend a little bit more or you’ll pay for it other ways (weight gain).
- Clif Bars – These heavy bars are great meal replacements or protein boost after a work out. They’re filling and delicious. 80 cents per bar is a great price.
- Laughing Cow Low Fat Swiss – These cheese wheels are ridiculously cheap compared to supermarket (~$2 per wheel vs $4 per wheel). Excellent on pita chips, or with almonds, by itself, or replace cheese on your lunchmeat sandwich for big time fat reduction.
- Skinny Cow frozen sandwiches- swap out your nightly, fatty bowl of ice cream for these unbelievably good “healthy” desserts. I don’t miss regular ice cream one bit.
- Fage Greek Yogurt – I’m always starving when getting home from work. Instead of pouring a bowl of cereal to hold me over until dinner, I pour a bowl of this yogurt with honey. It’s packed with protein and low in calories. It took a little bit to get used to plain yogurt, but I tend to like things more and more as I try them. Berries, granola, or honey would be great on this.
Wow, two prescriptions paid for my executive membership, with some money leftover. My baby’s acid reflux medication (generic Zantac) was $90 for 3 months via CVS (best deal we could previously find). Called Costco, they have the same medicine for $9 !!!! My migraine medication (generic Imitrax) I take when I have a severe headache…normally ~$7 per pill, $3 at Costco!
- Kirkland Diapers and Wipes: We like these diapers and wipes. No real complaints. Thumbs up.
- Kirkland Dishwasher Soap: Just bought a Bosch dishwasher and used the sample of Finish tabs that came with the appliance. We were amazed how clean and shiny our dishes and silverware were. When we went back to the Kirkland brand, the dishes seemed to have a film, even when using Jet Dry. Thumbs down.