Costco Coupon Book – August 19 – September 12, 2010

August 12th, 2010 · 24 Comments

I want to thank everyone that participated in my competition to get me the latest Costco Coupon book.  I got my first coupon book PDF yesterday afternoon at 4:50 pm my time here in London (that’s 10:50 am US central time) from Mikele in California.  So, she is this month’s winner of the Costco Cash Card for Coupons contest.  But I want to thank everyone else that sent me stuff too!  I really appreciate that you are so cool about helping out fellow Costco fans.  This was fun and I definitely plan on doing it again next month.  So, for all of you that didn’t win this time, maybe next month. :-)

Costco Coupon Book - August 19 - September 12, 2010

Costco Coupon Book - August 19 - September 12, 2010

It might just be me, but this is a really great bunch of coupons available this month.  There are so many things that I would be purchasing if I were in the US.  All of the items that I stock up on at Costco, and am running out of now, are having coupon deals this month.  So not fair!  In total there is $1,200.00 worth of coupon savings that you can use in the warehouses, with an additional $4,700.00 in Costco.com savings.  There seem to be a good amount of savings on cleaning products and health and beauty type items that you might want to use to stock up your supplies.  There are a couple of computer deals for back to school shopping, as well as a couple of things that might be great for your college age kids such as a mini-fridge for their dorm room and a GPS unit so they’ll be able to get back to your house when they need their laundry done.  And of course there is the usual Bridgestone coupon for $70.00 off a set of 4 tires.

To check out the coupons for yourself, if you have yet to receive your new book, I’ve uploaded a PDF of this month’s Costco Coupon Book that you can peruse until you get yours.  While you can print these out for reference purposes, Costco only accepts the original coupons.  If you didn’t get your book, you should stop by Customer Service and make sure that they have all of your information correct and that you have allowed them permission to send you things in the mail.  Also, while you’re there, ask them for a copy of the latest book.

So, there are so many things that I like in this round of coupons, but I’m going to try to pick out my five favorite items.  It’s going to be hard because I really do buy a lot of these items: Bounty paper towels, Charmin, Ziplocs, Jif, Classico Sauce, Sun Chips, Clorox 2, OxiClean, Finish, Aquafresh, Sonicare Toothbrush Set, and Langers Mango Nectar.  These are all things that I have probably reviewed or talked about at some point on my blog.  So, if you’re looking for info on those (and it isn’t here) you can search through my old blog posts and probably come up with a post or two.

• Langers Mango Nectar, 128 ounces, $2.00 off; limit 2. I LOVE this stuff!  I was seriously trying to figure out how I could bring some back with me from the US when we were in NY in July.  But you know, it’s way over that 3 ounce liquid rule for flying and I didn’t think it would do so well in my regular luggage.  If you like mango, you really need to try this.  It is thick, delicious, and what I imagine it would be like if I took the time to make my own mango juice or nectar.  Because it is so thick, you probably will want to cut it with something to get it to be more like a juice or a spritzer.  My preference is for some type of fizzy water, like the Pellegrino that you can also get at Costco.  However, the La Croix flavored waters, like lemon or lime, are also good because they add a subtle tart, citrusy flavor that works really nicely with the mango.  There are 140 calories in an 8 ounce glass, with no added sugar, but if you mix it with the water you reduce that greatly and have a healthy, delicious mango drink.  The last time I wrote about this was in 2008 and at that time it was $5.99 per gallon, so that would be a total steal with the coupon.  They don’t have this at all at the UK locations and I miss it terribly.
  • Tillamook Medium Cheddar Cheese Slices, 2 pounds, $1.75 off; limit 2. Slices of cheddar cheese are so useful to have around for sandwiches, making your own cheeseburgers, or cheese sauces for things like mac and cheese.  And then of course, there’s just eating them with crackers or apple slices too.  I could think of a ton of different ways to use some nice cheddar like this.  The Tillamook is nice too because it is the medium cheddar which just about everyone loves because it isn’t too sharp but still has plenty of delicious cheddar flavor.  Now I completely want some homemade mac and cheese!  I guess I know what I’ll be getting at Costco this weekend, even without a coupon.
  • Clorox 2 2X Ultra Stain Fighter & Color Booster, 82 loads, $3.00 off; limit 5. I always get a couple of these when there is a coupon because I use it in pretty much every load of laundry I do.  It does an amazing job of keeping all of our whites looking bright and like the day we bought them.  I also use it for the colors and though I don’t have any actual proof, it does look like it has done a good job of keeping the colors from fading out in the wash.  But the real beauty of it is how amazingly well it handles stains of all kinds.  It’s astounding how well it can get rid of things that you’re thinking will never come out even.  I’ve had it get rid of such things as mud, ink, blood, grease, and grass stains.  And there have been a few times when I’ve even had success with old stains.  Plus, it’s color safe and safe for all fabrics so you don’t have to worry about using it like you do with the chlorine bleach.  And it doesn’t have that bleachy odor either.  The last time I wrote about this, it was $13.35 before the coupon, so $10.35 with the $3.00 coupon.
  • Rubbermaid Premier BPA-Free 28 Piece Food Storage Set, $6.00 off; limit 1. Now might be a great time to replace your Gladware or Ziploc storage containers if you are looking for something that is BPA-free.  This is the nice set too where everything nests neatly inside each other and the lids do too so that they’re not falling all over you each time you open your cabinet door.  Plus, the lids snap to the bottom of the containers or other lids to take up less space and keep them easily at hand.  The containers are made with Tritan plastic that resists stains and odors.  Who doesn’t like that in a container?  For more product details, you can check out the Rubbermaid website.
  • Fellowes Shredder DM-12CT, $20.00 off; limit 5; no coupon necessary. You can get this either in the warehouse or through Costco.com, and if you don’t have a paper shredder this is the perfect time to rectify that.  With identity theft becoming ever more of a problem, you really can’t be too careful with things like credit card and bank statements or other personal information.  And all of those annoying checks you get from the credit card people, or even just the tons of credit card offers, you definitely want to make sure you are shredding those things.  Better to be overly protective of your information, than stuck having to do damage control after someone has snatched your personal information.  We had the earlier version of this and it shreds like a champ!  It cuts through CDs, credit cards, staples, paper clips, and several sheets of paper and envelopes without complaining or anything.  It isn’t super quiet, but what do you expect when something is chomping through 10 sheets of paper?  This version does cross cut through 12 sheets of paper, so you can make very quick work of your shredding.  The bin is quite large and easy to empty, though little bits always seem to fall down out of the cutters after you remove the bin (I’ve never had a shredder that this didn’t happen to though).

Tags: costco.com · Coupons · Food · Household Items · Office Share

1. 1 Des Moines shredding // 2012.05.15 at 10:38 pm

I was hoping for the Michelin tires. They seem to be pushing the Bridgestone tires pretty hard since they have had them as the special two months in a row.

2. 2 This Week at Costco – September 5, 2010 | Addicted To Costco! // 2010.09.11 at 5:31 am

[…] before I get to that, I wanted to remind people in the US and Puerto Rico that this weekend is the last one for using the latest Costco Coupon book since it […]

3. 3 Spang // 2010.09.06 at 8:16 am

I have made excellent cocktails with the mango nectar. It goes great with champagne (we had a few bottles of “mediumly nice” stuff, but my tastebuds can only handle fine champagne…I am not trying to be a snob, but I just want you to know that it can perk up a cheaper champagne). A champagne cocktail would be a great way to strech your champagne budget for a bridal or baby shower or a nice evening party. Also, I have made an unbelievable rum punch with it…just add rum, mango nectar, and either Sprite or Seltzer. It is perfect to cut the thickness of nectar, and it can just be made in seconds in a pitcher and set out for your guests…or just you!
    The reason I have a bunch of cocktail recipes for this? It is because the containers are HUGE and you really do need to find a way to use it up. I suppose you could also pour it into ice cube trays, freeze it, and add to smoothies or use as popcicles.

4. 4 Patty // 2010.08.23 at 4:38 pm

oops, maybe just added cane sugar. :P

5. 5 Patty // 2010.08.23 at 4:33 pm

Langers Mango nectar is like 15-20% juice with added HFCS.
    Here are the ingredients
    Filtered water, high fructose corn syrup, mango puree, natural mango flavor, citric acid, xantham gum, and ascorbic acid (vitamin c).

6. 6 Kimberly // 2010.08.21 at 3:50 am

@KG – great! Glad to hear that they gave you the difference without much of a hassle.

7. 7 KG // 2010.08.21 at 1:26 am

Yep, worked out perfectly. Although I did get the “this isn’t really allowed” speech. :)

8. 8 KK // 2010.08.20 at 2:24 pm

It will be great if you can include the backside of the coupon (bar-code pages) also in the scanned pdf.

• 9 Kimberly // 2010.08.21 at 1:06 am

@KK – I don’t include the backside of the coupons because it would do you no good since Costco only accepts the original coupons – no copies, scans, or reproductions of any kind.

9. 10 Cheryl B. // 2010.08.19 at 3:40 pm

Okay the lime shrimp! My husband, (who really should be writing this blog since he is on a first name basis with almost everyone at Costco including the food demonstrators), recreated a local restaurant’s dish with this shrimp.

Does your Costco have the yummy mango salsa in the clear container? If so buy some along with some corn tortillas, some garlic and onions.

Slow cook the onions and garlic. Cook the corn tortillas as you usually do. Heat up the shrimp. Layer about 4-5 shrimp, some cooked onions (we keep them in rounds) and top with the mango salsa. Absolutely delicious….. oh I forgot, chopped Cilantro added in there too.

10. 11 KG // 2010.08.19 at 1:46 pm

Thanks Kimberly and Katie… I talked with them on the phone and sounds like they will do what they did for Katie. I’m headed there in person today to find out!

• 12 Kimberly // 2010.08.21 at 1:14 am

@KG – glad to hear that they didn’t make you go through the hassle of lugging around a big television (or a mattress in Katie’s case!) to get the refund. That is very cool, as most places would just tell you that it was too bad you bought it when it wasn’t on sale. Did the whole process actually go ok?

11. 13 Katie // 2010.08.19 at 1:23 pm

@KG- I purchased a king mattress about 2 weeks before they went $100 off. I brought in my receipt and talked to one of the supervisors. They had to return and repurchase the item although I did not have to physically bring it in. Hopefully this will work for you too! Good luck :)

12. 14 Kimberly // 2010.08.19 at 3:10 am

@KG – unfortunately, my Costco always made me do the return and rebuy thing. However, maybe since it is a large item like a television, they’ll let you off easier and just give you the difference. Though, I guess you could always buy one with the coupon, and then immediately return it using your old receipt that shows the full price. That way it makes it a little easier on you and follows the Costco procedure.

13. 15 KG // 2010.08.18 at 8:50 am

I just bought the samsung tv last week. Will costco give me the coupon discount or are they going to make me return and rebuy?

14. 16 DiggityDawg // 2010.08.16 at 2:13 pm

I’ve had my eye on the office chair that’s in the new coupon book for some time now. Come Thursday, I’m all over that thing.

BTW – first time posting here. Nice job w/the site!

• 17 Kimberly // 2010.08.17 at 3:29 am

@DiggityDawg – welcome to the site & thanks for posting a comment! That office chair does look really comfy. And I love the the name ‘Tech Manager’s Chair’…it just cracks me up as such a sort of peculiar name for a chair.

15. 18 This Week at Costco – August 8, 2010 | Addicted To Costco! // 2010.08.14 at 4:07 am

[…] RSS privacy policy archives guest posts costco locations costco coupons about home ← Costco Coupon Book – August 19 – September 12, 2010 […]

16. 19 EC // 2010.08.13 at 10:56 pm

I tried the Langers before but I personally like the Philippine brand better. It’s been a long time so I don’t remember if it was because of the consistency or sweetness but I clearly remember my family and I liking the Philippine brand better. It came in these 8oz? cans, I think 24 in a case, in bright yellow packaging. I remember it’s a little bit on the expensive side, probably due to the individual packaging. And if you get a chance, try also the mango slices by the same company. They’re delicious and are usually found in Asian grocery stores.

• 20 Kimberly // 2010.08.16 at 3:10 am

We loved the Langers, didn’t care for the Ceres stuff that Costco had for a while. I was really glad when they got the Brazil Gourmet mango nectar in the little individual packages too. It was really handy to take with to work or to a picnic because it was in the single serving size boxes. But I don’t recall seeing anything from a Philippine brand.

17. 21 Heather I. // 2010.08.13 at 12:37 pm

Yes, diapers! I’ve been waiting for that coupon to pop up! And, it looks like I’ll have plenty of peanut butter to use up…can’t wait to bake up some sweet treats :)

18. 22 Carla // 2010.08.12 at 10:01 pm

Carla again. I tried many different ways to get to the site and finally made it. So my order is placed and I have a confirmation number so all is well :)
    Carla

19. 23 Carla // 2010.08.12 at 9:47 pm

Yikes! This is the second day in a row that the Costco.com site is down. I have an item I planned on buying yesterday, but could not get connected. And the “no coupon deal” expires this weekend. Do you know if there is an 800 number I can call to place my order?
    Help! Carla

20. 24 Mike // 2010.08.12 at 6:57 pm

The thing I want the most is the ravioli.

I am thinking of combining that with some of the chicken sausage from Costco.

Yummo!