I want to thank everyone that participated in my competition to get me the latest Costco Coupon book. I got my first coupon book PDF yesterday afternoon at 4:50 pm my time here in London (that’s 10:50 am US central time) from Mikele in California. So, she is this month’s winner of the Costco Cash Card for Coupons contest. But I want to thank everyone else that sent me stuff too! I really appreciate that you are so cool about helping out fellow Costco fans. This was fun and I definitely plan on doing it again next month. So, for all of you that didn’t win this time, maybe next month.
It might just be me, but this is a really great bunch of coupons available this month. There are so many things that I would be purchasing if I were in the US. All of the items that I stock up on at Costco, and am running out of now, are having coupon deals this month. So not fair! In total there is $1,200.00 worth of coupon savings that you can use in the warehouses, with an additional $4,700.00 in Costco.com savings. There seem to be a good amount of savings on cleaning products and health and beauty type items that you might want to use to stock up your supplies. There are a couple of computer deals for back to school shopping, as well as a couple of things that might be great for your college age kids such as a mini-fridge for their dorm room and a GPS unit so they’ll be able to get back to your house when they need their laundry done. And of course there is the usual Bridgestone coupon for $70.00 off a set of 4 tires.
To check out the coupons for yourself, if you have yet to receive your new book, I’ve uploaded a PDF of this month’s Costco Coupon Book that you can peruse until you get yours. While you can print these out for reference purposes, Costco only accepts the original coupons. If you didn’t get your book, you should stop by Customer Service and make sure that they have all of your information correct and that you have allowed them permission to send you things in the mail. Also, while you’re there, ask them for a copy of the latest book.
So, there are so many things that I like in this round of coupons, but I’m going to try to pick out my five favorite items. It’s going to be hard because I really do buy a lot of these items: Bounty paper towels, Charmin, Ziplocs, Jif, Classico Sauce, Sun Chips, Clorox 2, OxiClean, Finish, Aquafresh, Sonicare Toothbrush Set, and Langers Mango Nectar. These are all things that I have probably reviewed or talked about at some point on my blog. So, if you’re looking for info on those (and it isn’t here) you can search through my old blog posts and probably come up with a post or two.
- Langers Mango Nectar, 128 ounces, $2.00 off; limit 2. I LOVE this stuff! I was seriously trying to figure out how I could bring some back with me from the US when we were in NY in July. But you know, it’s way over that 3 ounce liquid rule for flying and I didn’t think it would do so well in my regular luggage. If you like mango, you really need to try this. It is thick, delicious, and what I imagine it would be like if I took the time to make my own mango juice or nectar. Because it is so thick, you probably will want to cut it with something to get it to be more like a juice or a spritzer. My preference is for some type of fizzy water, like the Pellegrino that you can also get at Costco. However, the La Croix flavored waters, like lemon or lime, are also good because they add a subtle tart, citrusy flavor that works really nicely with the mango. There are 140 calories in an 8 ounce glass, with no added sugar, but if you mix it with the water you reduce that greatly and have a healthy, delicious mango drink. The last time I wrote about this was in 2008 and at that time it was $5.99 per gallon, so that would be a total steal with the coupon. They don’t have this at all at the UK locations and I miss it terribly.
- Tillamook Medium Cheddar Cheese Slices, 2 pounds, $1.75 off; limit 2. Slices of cheddar cheese are so useful to have around for sandwiches, making your own cheeseburgers, or cheese sauces for things like mac and cheese. And then of course, there’s just eating them with crackers or apple slices too. I could think of a ton of different ways to use some nice cheddar like this. The Tillamook is nice too because it is the medium cheddar which just about everyone loves because it isn’t too sharp but still has plenty of delicious cheddar flavor. Now I completely want some homemade mac and cheese! I guess I know what I’ll be getting at Costco this weekend, even without a coupon.
- Clorox 2 2X Ultra Stain Fighter & Color Booster, 82 loads, $3.00 off; limit 5. I always get a couple of these when there is a coupon because I use it in pretty much every load of laundry I do. It does an amazing job of keeping all of our whites looking bright and like the day we bought them. I also use it for the colors and though I don’t have any actual proof, it does look like it has done a good job of keeping the colors from fading out in the wash. But the real beauty of it is how amazingly well it handles stains of all kinds. It’s astounding how well it can get rid of things that you’re thinking will never come out even. I’ve had it get rid of such things as mud, ink, blood, grease, and grass stains. And there have been a few times when I’ve even had success with old stains. Plus, it’s color safe and safe for all fabrics so you don’t have to worry about using it like you do with the chlorine bleach. And it doesn’t have that bleachy odor either. The last time I wrote about this, it was $13.35 before the coupon, so $10.35 with the $3.00 coupon.
- Rubbermaid Premier BPA-Free 28 Piece Food Storage Set, $6.00 off; limit 1. Now might be a great time to replace your Gladware or Ziploc storage containers if you are looking for something that is BPA-free. This is the nice set too where everything nests neatly inside each other and the lids do too so that they’re not falling all over you each time you open your cabinet door. Plus, the lids snap to the bottom of the containers or other lids to take up less space and keep them easily at hand. The containers are made with Tritan plastic that resists stains and odors. Who doesn’t like that in a container? For more product details, you can check out the Rubbermaid website.
- Fellowes Shredder DM-12CT, $20.00 off; limit 5; no coupon necessary. You can get this either in the warehouse or through Costco.com, and if you don’t have a paper shredder this is the perfect time to rectify that. With identity theft becoming ever more of a problem, you really can’t be too careful with things like credit card and bank statements or other personal information. And all of those annoying checks you get from the credit card people, or even just the tons of credit card offers, you definitely want to make sure you are shredding those things. Better to be overly protective of your information, than stuck having to do damage control after someone has snatched your personal information. We had the earlier version of this and it shreds like a champ! It cuts through CDs, credit cards, staples, paper clips, and several sheets of paper and envelopes without complaining or anything. It isn’t super quiet, but what do you expect when something is chomping through 10 sheets of paper? This version does cross cut through 12 sheets of paper, so you can make very quick work of your shredding. The bin is quite large and easy to empty, though little bits always seem to fall down out of the cutters after you remove the bin (I’ve never had a shredder that this didn’t happen to though).