Costco Coupon Book, US – November 11 – 28, 2010

November 8th, 2010 · 19 Comments

This month the first person to send me a good quality scan (color, cover-to-cover, and all coupons on all pages) was Kevin from Florida.  So, thanks to Kevin for helping me post the coupons for all of those that haven’t gotten their coupon books yet.  This coupon book is good in the US from November 11 – 28 and has tons of great things in it.  It will run through Thanksgiving, so you can get deals on several of the items you will probably be needing for hosting Thanksgiving dinner.  And there are even a couple of things that would be great to buy as Christmas gifts.

Costco US Coupon Book: November 11 - 28, 2010

Costco US Coupon Book: November 11 - 28, 2010

I’ve uploaded the latest Costco Coupon Book PDF so you can browse it if you haven’t gotten yours yet.  While you can print these out for reference purposes, Costco only accepts the original coupons.  However, all of the warehouses, I think, currently have a policy where they don’t actually require you to give them a physical coupon anymore, they just automatically deduct the coupon prices.  If you didn’t get your book, you should stop by Customer Service and make sure that they have all of your mailing information correct and that you have allowed them permission to send you things in the mail.  Also, while you’re there, ask them for a copy of the latest book.

This coupon book is chock full of great deals on some of my favorite items, so many I almost don’t know where to start.  There is $1,600.00 in savings in the warehouse and then an additional $3,900.00 in savings exclusively at Costco.com.  As usual, there is a coupon for $70.00 off a set of four Bridgestone tires; great if you’re doing a road trip for the holidays.  There are a ton of coupons for food items, seems like there are more than in the last couple of coupon books.  There are a few coupons for things that might be nice if you’re planning a holiday party and would like a little help in the kitchen: Pillsbury crescent rolls, Les Plats du Chef spanakopita, Boursin variety packs, Lindt truffles, Carr’s water crackers, and even Pellegrino mineral water.  Those are all some of my favorite things to pick up at Costco this time of year; search for previous reviews if you’re interested in getting more info.  Aside from those items, there are a few other standouts too.

Pacific Coast Feather Company Down Pillows, Standard/Queen, 2 pack, $10.00 off; no limit. These are incredibly nice down pillows.  I have some that I use in my guest room and everyone loves them.  They are soft and fluffy and have kept their puffiness after more than a couple of years.  I like down pillows because they can easily be washed and dried at home to keep them not only fluffy but clean.  Also, these pillows are truly down, so you won’t find any annoying hard feather bits poking you in the head in the middle of the night.  I like these so much (and after my recent disappointments with the down pillow selection at the UK Costco) I’m planning on buying some when I’m home in Kansas this coming week and brining them back with me.

KitchenAid Professional 5.5 Quart Stand Mixer, 575 watt motor, $50.00 off; limit 3; at Costco.com too. I swear I just wrote about this not too long ago (back in May I guess).  These mixers are the best you can get.  And, the price at Costco is the best you’re going to find anywhere, even without the coupon.  This would make an excellent gift to yourself in anticipation of all the holiday cooking you might want to do this year.  And this would make an exceptionally wonderful gift for someone else too.  Who wouldn’t love someone that gave them a lovely KitchenAid mixer?  The quality of the mixers are so good that you’ll just need one.  My mom has had hers for at least 25 years and it is still in perfect working order!  I know, I know, I write about this every time they have a coupon and you’re probably all sick of reading the same thing, but it totally rocks and is an awesome coupon!  You can find this at Costco.com too for a price of $299.99 (before the $50.00 off) with an additional $15.41 for shipping.

Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, 4 tubes with 8 rolls per tube (32 rolls in all), $2.00 off; limit 3. Here’s what I wrote about these the last time I bought them.  I will admit it, sometimes I am a lazy cook.  And even though I make very good bread, I don’t always feel like whipping some up and I just want to take the easy way out.  And that’s why I buy things like this package of crescent rolls.  You can pop that can open and have some fresh baked, cute little rolls in less than 20 minutes.  I’ll assume that everyone has had these, so I don’t need to explain how they have a nice flaky texture and are shaped like a little croissant (thus the ‘crescent’ name).  However, have you ever thought of unfolding the dough and making things like pigs in a blanket, little appetizers with a pastry crust, or wrapped brie?  Well, apparently, you can make all of these things with the help of the handy recipes on the back of the box.  Or, you can just have them as little rolls.  I really like the idea of using them to make little pastry cups that you can fill with something sweet or savory.  I was also informed by a helpful reader that you can freeze the cans without them popping open or causing a problem in your freezer.  When I bought them last year the coupon was for just $1.50: $4.45 ($5.95 – $1.50 off).

The Original Christmas Classics DVD Set, $5.00 off; no limit. If you grew up in the 70s or 80s, there is no doubt that you remember all of these great Christmas movies that used to be on television.  Included in the DVD set are:  Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Santa Claus Is Comin’ to Town, Frosty the Snowman, Frosty Returns, Mr. Magoo’s Christmas Carol, Little Drummer Boy, Cricket on the Hearth.  The only one I don’t really remember is Cricket on the Hearth.  As well as all of the movies, you get a holiday CD that includes:  Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer- Burl Ives, Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree- Bobby Rydell, Holly Jolly Christmas- Burl Ives, Silver & Gold- Burl Ives, Let it Snow- Chicago, Winter Wonderland- Jewel, and Merry Christmas Baby- Otis Redding.  So, pretty much everything you need to have a great, nostalgic Christmas.  If you’re looking for a fun gift for someone that might remember these from when they were growing up, they’ll really love this DVD set.

50 Personalized Photo Greeting Cards, includes 4 calendars, $5.00 off; limit 1. You can order your cards through the warehouse or online through the Costco Photo Center, however, the deal is only good for orders picked up in the warehouse.  While I haven’t gotten photo cards through Costco, I have gotten lots of pictures printed through them, including some large ones, and the quality is really good.  Since you might be looking for some nice holiday cards to send out to friends and family right now, I thought this deserved a mention.  Though I will admit that the regular holiday card selection at Costco is outstanding.  In any case, if you’re a big fan of the photo cards, have a new addition to your family, or just want something that is more personal, the photo cards are an excellent solution.  The cards are 6″ x 7.5″ and come with appropriately sized envelopes that only require a single stamp to mail.  There are a plethora of various holiday designs that you can choose from too, for any kind of message you’re trying to send; some have room for a single photo others for two or even three photos.  This is a great way to send much more personalized holiday wishes to everyone on your list.

HeatTrak Heated Doormat, Walkways, and Stair Treads, melts snow at rate of 2″ per hour, up to 20% off; Costco.com only. I think this is a great idea for anyone that lives in a snowy or icy climate.  Through Costco.com you can get a 24″ x 36″ door mat for $79.99 (before the coupon) that will most likely keep your doorway much safer this winter.  You can also get stair tread or walkway mats.  These are more pricey for sure, at $139.99 for a pack of three mats with a size of 10″ x 30″.  They also have a range of commercial mats available too with prices from $139.99 (for a single mat) up to more than $1,100.00 for their largest walkway mat (24″ x 20′).  I would have loved to have some of these when we lived in Chicago and sometimes just getting to the mailbox was a little scary.  These would make a nice, thoughtful gift for someone that might be less able to shovel their doorway or sidewalk themselves too.

Tags: costco.com · Coupons · Food · Games & Toys · gifts · Holidays · Household Items Share

1. 1 This Week at Costco – November 21, 2010 | Addicted To Costco! // 2010.11.27 at 6:47 am

[…] don’t forget that this is the last weekend for the current Costco US Coupon Book.  And there’s also the special Costco Thanksgiving Weekend Coupon Book to take advantage of […]

2. 2 kim // 2010.11.24 at 4:48 pm

Apparently I bought a box of Frosted Mini-Wheats and saved $2 on the first day of the current coupon book. Monday, I was there again and bought several items in the coupon book and grabbed two more boxes of Mini-Wheats having forgotten I’d already picked one up. The limit on this particular coupon is two, and leaving the register I was initially surprised to only receive the coupon discount for one. I checked my receipts at home and I had in fact already received the discount once and was only entitled to it once more. The actual box of cereal was long gone; I have a 14 year old stepson.

My point is, Costco’s system already tracks how many items have been purchased with each coupon for each member. They don’t collect the physical coupon to return to the manufacturer and you can use the coupon on different visits up until the point you reach the limit, if there is one. Their system is quite sophisticated. As another reader pointed out, the barcode is the same on all the coupons. Scanning any one coupon from the book will activate the whole bunch.

Now that I know the barcode is identical on every coupon (thanks, deepak!) I have a new plan. I prefer having the book with me to flip through and remind me of what I want to grab while it’s on coupon, but invariably it gets left in the diaper bag or on the kitchen counter or in the other spouse’s car. As soon as I get a new book, I will tear out two coupons that I don’t plan to use (because I don’t need them for reference). One will go in my wallet with my Costco card and the other in my spouse”s wallet. That way if one of us runs in on lunch or after work without the book, we will have at least one coupon to activate any discounts. AND, if you ask to see my coupon book in the store because you left yours at home or you still haven’t received it, I’ll give you a coupon I don’t need to look at again so you too can get the discounts you’re entitled to as a paying member. I’ll be the one wearing an Addicted to Costco t-shirt.

3. 3 Janelle Bernbaur // 2010.11.23 at 11:59 am

Anyone know of any deals on the Encyclopaedia Britannica 6-Book Interactive Science Library at Costco? It’s supposed to be the HOT gift this year. My kids asking for something educational? I’ll take it. Any help would be appreciated – I’ll be getting it either way, let’s be honest 😉

4. 4 Costco US is CLOSED on Thanksgiving (November 25, 2010) | Addicted To Costco! // 2010.11.23 at 7:15 am

[…] pie, that you didn’t have to make, for under $6.00?  Also, don’t forget that the current Costco Coupon Book runs through this weekend, so check it out before you go to […]

5. 5 Heidi // 2010.11.19 at 10:31 pm

The vendors who let Costco have such great coupons account for each coupon book, and the limit for each coupon. If every time a member comes in and they try to use a coupon they already used, the vendor loses money. I know that not everyone uses all their coupons, but some people buy ridiculous amounts of items on coupon, and the vendors get shorted. Not all warehouses are consistent with their coupon collection so it can be frustrating to members, but the cashiers are just trying to follow what their warehouse managers are telling them to do.

6. 6 LG // 2010.11.14 at 10:31 pm

My Costco in the SF Bay Area does not require any physical coupons- all coupon discounts come off automatically.

7. 7 Kim // 2010.11.13 at 1:09 pm

The people paying to have costco put their coupons in the book do NOT give “free discounts” ala a SALE. They give “one purchase only” coupons, unless otherwise specified. If you want to write a POS system that will do that effectively for each member, do so. Then sell it to costco.

I gather their system isn’t clever enough to do this, which is why they require physical coupons. [n.b. if the coupon isn’t one purchase only, you should be able to get it back and use it again.]

Costco is being super NICE by letting one coupon work for all of them… they MAY get in trouble for doing it that way.

There are systems out there that print pdfs once per subscriber… which would save money, I guess.

8. 8 Justin // 2010.11.13 at 12:49 pm

coupon book still MIA here…

9. 9 EC // 2010.11.11 at 6:28 pm

And thanks Deepak for the answer. I didn’t even bother looking at the barcodes.

10. 10 EC // 2010.11.11 at 6:27 pm

I agree with Kim about how they could just automatically deduct the savings for all the members. And they could just reduce the font/pics and squish all the coupons together and make it into a double-sided flyer instead of a coupon book. That would help save paper.

11. 11 kim // 2010.11.11 at 6:14 pm

At our Costcos in Utah, they require you to have the coupon book even if they have one at the register! They do not automatically deduct the coupon savings. Some cashiers used to scan their copy, but apparently this has been discouraged by management. Costco could save themselves alot of money by eliminating mail delivery of the coupons, maybe opting instead for email delivery or the option to download a pdf file from costco.com. Members could print the book, or a list of savings, or just the barcode they need to scan. If you lost it or your two year old chewed it to a pulpy mess, you could print it again. Even better, maybe, just maybe they could automatically deduct the savings for all the members who have paid in fact to be a member.

12. 12 deepak // 2010.11.11 at 9:43 am

Hi EC,

if you carefully check the back of coupons all coupons have same barcode, thats y they just need one coupon

13. 13 Justin // 2010.11.10 at 7:48 pm

I don’t get it, we never get the coupon book before the start date. How annoying!

14. 14 EC // 2010.11.10 at 2:07 am

“currently have a policy where they don’t actually require you to give them a physical coupon anymore, they just automatically deduct the coupon prices.”

At the Costcos around where I live, they still need at least 1 physical coupon to activate the register to automatically deduct the prices. I was buying SmartWater and told them I lost the coupon because it must’ve flew out of the cart while I was walking around. The cashier just said it’s okay and scanned one of my other coupons and told me they only need 1 physical coupon. I don’t know why because they should just do all of them automatically. There’s really no point in handing in just 1 coupon to get the deductions started.

15. 15 Mike // 2010.11.09 at 10:39 am

We are going for the Nutella and potstickers, among other things.

Costco has the best price on Nutella and the coupon makes it a awesome deal.

Thanks for posting!

16. 16 Emily (Bentobloggy) // 2010.11.08 at 8:21 pm

Love the Kitchenaid mixer! I got mine almost 10 years ago from Costco (with a coupon!) and just used it today, in fact. Love it!

17. 17 Tweets that mention Costco Coupon Book, US – November 11 – 28, 2010 | Addicted To Costco! -- Topsy.com // 2010.11.08 at 4:23 pm

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Kurt, Eric Chase. Eric Chase said: Costco Coupon Book, US – November 11 – 28, 2010 | Addicted To Costco!: These mixers are the best you can get. An… http://bit.ly/91aDU2 […]

18. 18 Laura // 2010.11.08 at 2:43 pm