Last Sunday, November 7, was the official third anniversary for my blog. Sometimes I’m amazed that I’ve been able to continually come up with new and interesting (I hope) things to say about Costco every week for three years. Or, that I actually buy this much stuff at Costco. The last year has been a little more difficult with the move to London though, which means a longer drive to Costco (and driving on the other side of the road, at that) and the much decreased storage space in our flat. But I love going to Costco in the UK and seeing all the different things that they have there.
And of course, my blog wouldn’t be anything but a weird obsession if it weren’t for all of my fabulous readers (that’s you)! Thanks to the contributions from my readers I’ve had several terrific guest posts and lots and lots of fabulous and helpful comments. Not to mention, there have been so many people that have helped me continue to post the Costco Coupon Books. Of course, I’m sure the $25.00 Costco Cash Card bribe has something to do with that too.
So, now a few statistics about my blog:
- I have made 431 posts in the last three years ( I didn’t include the two earlier this week). That’s an average of 143.7 per year and 2.8 posts on average per week. I try really hard now to get 3 posts published per week, unfortunately when I first started I was a little less prolific, so I think it’s dragging down my average.
- I have written about and published 16 different Costco Coupon Books in the last year. That has included coupon books from the US, UK, Canada, and Puerto Rico. Since I started offering a $25.00 cash card reward for coupons in August, I have already given out 8 rewards or $200.00 in Costco Cash Cards. I wonder how much savings through coupons Costco provides us with each year? I’ll have to look that up for a separate post at some point because now I’m curious.
- In the last three years, there have been 4,675 comments by lots of different readers and myself. That’s an average of 10.85 comments per post, which is quite respectable I think. Unfortunately, I know that isn’t how it works, because there are some posts that generate way more than their fair share of comments.
And now for a bit about you, my visitors:
- In the last year I have had 745,034 visits which is an increase of 108.57% over the previous year!
- Those visits were made by 575,687 unique visitors in the last year, which is up by 103.89% from the previous year. And, all those different visitors represent 177 different countries or territories.
- And those visitors looked at 1,295,756 pages, up 104.69% from the previous year.
- On average people view 1.74 pages per visit, which is actually down ever so slightly by 1.86%.
- 118,352 visitors came directly to AddictedToCostco.com, the rest came from referral links or searches. The number of direct visits is up by 149.85% in the last year though.
- Searches sent 564,456 total visits via 248,410 keywords. The most popular search terms that people use to get to my site, include:
- “Costco Coupon Book” for 3.23% of visits
- “Addicted To Costco” for 3.22% of visits
- “Costco Coupons” for 3.10% of visits
- “Costco Optical” for 0.83% of visits
- “Costco Coupons This Week” for 0.81% of visits
- Referring sites sent 61,112 visits via 2,248 different sites.
- To date, there are 981 users that have subscribed to receive my blog feed (updated: 2010.11.15).
I want to say thank you to everyone that reads my blog and contributes, weather through comments or guest posts, or sending me copies of the coupon books. And of course, I can’t forget to say thank you to Costco for having so many products that I could keep being impressed with year after year. But also because none of us would love them quite so much if they didn’t have exceptional value with the best customer service and experience ever. Thanks, Costco!