Costco US Coupon Book: May 12 – June 5, 2011

May 9th, 2011 · 13 Comments

Thanks to all of the people that sent me a scan of this month’s US coupon book, I really appreciate the effort!  This latest Costco US coupon book runs from May 8 through June 5.   It has over $1,500.00 in savings that you can take advantage of in the warehouses and then an additional $3,700.00 in savings just for Costco.com.  This is a bit more than last month, and I think there are some really good coupons this month.

Costco US Coupon Book: May 12 - June 5, 2011

I’ve uploaded the May Costco US Coupon Book PDF (or view it in the Google PDF viewer) so you can browse it if you haven’t gotten yours yet.  While you can print these out for reference purposes, Costco only accepts the original coupons (if your location requires you to hand them in).  If you didn’t get your book or never do, you should stop by Customer Service and make sure that they have all of your mailing information correct and that you have allowed them permission to send you things in the mail.  Also, while you’re there, ask them for a copy of the latest book.

There is the always-present $70.00 off a set of tires, this month it is for Michelin.  There are some coupons for the necessary summer items, such as a $3.00 coupon for Off! bug spray and $5.00 off Coppertone sunscreen.  There are also a couple of coupons for DuPont pool cleaner items that you might need to get your pool up and running:  $10.00 off multi-pool shock and $12.00 off 3″ pool tablets.  I don’t know what either those things are but you probably do if you have a pool.  There are coupons for paper plates ($2.25 off) and napkins ($1.50 off), that are nice and timely for any Memorial Day celebrations you might be planning too.

Through Costco.com there are some nice deals if you might be planning a camping trip this summer: $25.00 off  (final price $89.99) a Coleman 6-person tent and $20.00 off (final price $79.99) a Coleman double airbed.  But if you’re planning to just stay home and want some items for the yard, or maybe around the pool that you are buying the pool cleaner for, you should check out the Niko 6-piece modular sectional by Sirio for $1,699.99 ($300.00 off).  There is also a really great SunSetter freestanding awning with savings up to $350.00, depending on the size and whether it is motorized or not.

Tags: costco.com · Coupons Share

1. 1 MS // 2011.05.23 at 1:20 pm

I agree – coupons are archaic. One reason I like shopping at Costco is because whenever I find something there, I feel confident that the item is available at the best possible price. The concept of a coupon throws that theory out of the window.

For instance, if I want to buy a big ticket item like an LCD TV, I will never buy it unless there is a coupon available for it. Or for instance the Michelin tires – if they can run coupons for them for 8 times in a year, Costco should be able to make Michelin pull down the price of the item all together.

• 2 Kimberly // 2011.05.27 at 1:49 am

I love the idea of a smartphone app for the coupons. That would be so convenient many of the Costco customers, I think. Plus, it would be a good way to cut down on using/wasting so much paper on the coupon books.

It has seemed to me, for several years now, that they should work on software for their registers that would keep track of the coupon usage for them and stop requiring (or not, as the stores vary) paper coupons. They would need a way of giving you credit for the coupons you could still use because you haven’t already purchased the max allowed, and thus charge you the normal price for anything that was beyond the max amount of purchases. This would also be good for those cases when you purchase something on the coupon, and then absolutely love it so you want to buy some more but can’t because you already turned in your coupon.

They just need to put a little technological know how into the whole coupon situation if they are going to continue to have them.

2. 3 Janice // 2011.05.22 at 2:45 pm

After visiting Costco this morning, I stopped at the customer service desk to ask for a coupon book because I had lost mine. I was told that they would not have them available at the desk any longer. Vendors are complaining, because there are limits on some of the items, and when people get duplicate coupon books, obviously someone is on the loosing end.

Costco already knows that when they do not have a coupon book promotion, their sales are down. Seems like the obvious thing would be to keep the coupon books going and work out something with their vendors. I know Costcos promotions so well after years of shopping that I almost always know when one of their regular items will be in the coupon book because I am rather obsessed with their merchandising. They run a lot of the same promotions at the same time of year, year after year. However, when they have a new product, or I am unexpectedly out, that is when I will wait until the next coupon book comes out to see if I can save money.

I definitely remember when Costco really didn’t do many coupons at all, however in this economy, well we all know retailers are all trying to stay on top of their merchandising.

Also, I stopped at a different Costco, and they had coupon books for the taking at their customer service desk, so it must just depend on the individual stores philosophy.

3. 4 Optimizer // 2011.05.22 at 12:16 pm

Janice, I wonder if the truth of the matter regarding Costco collecting coupons lies somewhere in the middle: Recently, my Costco began collecting them, but only the ones that have quantity limits. Now, I also know they track the number of such quantity-limited items you purchase. Perhaps, if you use a quantity-limited coupon, but don’t max it out, you can have an unrelated coupon scanned on a future trip and still deduct from your “balance?” Someone will have to try this and report back.

I, for myself, detest coupons because I always forget to bring them with me. I wish they’d simply go paperless and allow you to purchase the promoted products at their discount prices up to the prescribed limits. Many a time, I’ve gone, forgotten my booklet, not wanted to go begging at customer service and the said to myself that I’d return later to get the items. I almost never do; Costco loses out on my money.

I guess, in a nutshell, I’d say that coupons are awfully archaic and therefore less convenient than modern alternatives. Costco, perhaps we can compromise and you can develop me an iPhone app that lets me “give” you electronic coupons at checkout? Pretty please?

4. 5 JS // 2011.05.13 at 7:08 pm

Nobody mentioned it yet, they have the Borghese masks on sale! I’ve been waiting for the reappearance of the mud masks for 4~5 years. Their official price is $64 while Costco is selling them at $22.9 after the coupon. I got two just today and will get more next week, the week after next and the last week of the coupon book… Oops, please keep it as a secret so they won’t run out.

@Rick- You are a horrible person. If you love your BJ, just don’t go to Costco anymore. You are taking advantage of other Costco members. Everyone has their preferences on where they shop but what you do is just terrible. It is probably your demeaning attitudes that made the nice Costco desk people hate you. Hope the person who owns the first membership will cancel your card. Karma will get to you one day.

5. 6 Heather // 2011.05.13 at 5:54 pm

@Rick – sounds like you have a problem other than Costco coupon books. If you’re too cheap to buy your own membership and mooch off someone else’s, you don’t get the coupon book in the mail. The few times I have forgotten my book I have always gotten one from the “idiots” at customer service, and they have NEVER asked to see my membership card, so I think you are full of it. Or perhaps they know you by face from all the returns you do. I hope they revoke your card.

6. 7 CostcoFan // 2011.05.13 at 3:36 pm

I am a longtime executive member, and never seem to receive my monthly Costco Coupon Book. Yes, they have my one and only correct mailing address. Yes I receive billing and Costco Connection with no problems. I’ve inquired about not receiving a Costco Coupon Book many times with the Membership desk, where I usually just pick up a new issue every month.

Thanks for posting the Costco Coupon Book. Now I don’t have to rush over to Costco to see what their promoting for the month.

Its a mad house at my local Costco’s on the first week of new coupons day. You would think its the day before Thanksgiving or other holiday weekend. I am always glad to see Costco filled with other Costco Addicts. :o)

7. 8 Rick // 2011.05.13 at 8:27 am

Costco coupons suck… They mail their coupon book only to Primary card holders and not to secondary. Well, I am also a BJ’s member and there at BJ’s you go to the Customer Service desk they will give you coupon book and you can tear off any numbers of coupons off the book. Here at Costco, these idiots at customer service won’t give the coupon book because I am a secondary card holder and this is ridiculous. They want to friggin’ do business or what..! I never get to see the coupons. Well, in BJ’s they throw coupons at you and accept any manufacturer’s coupon. So, I make it a habit to buy at Costco and return the items back to Costco after using them. I do it all the time just to tick off Costco… I love my BJ’s.

• 9 Kimberly // 2011.05.14 at 3:06 am

@Rick – I don’t usually say such harsh stuff to commentors on my blog. However, you are a real jerk. Don’t blame Costco for the fact that you aren’t the primary card holder and obviously don’t have a good enough relationship win that person to share the coupons. Just like any membership club Costco has rules. If you don’t want to follow them you should definitely just keep shopping at BJs. And returning used merchandise out of some misguided sense of revenge just makes you an ass, not clever. I hope the management at your Costco revoke your membership.

8. 10 MS // 2011.05.11 at 12:19 pm

Not too many useful coupons this time. I think the only one I will use is the $8 off Enfamil baby formula. Still, that’s 16 bucks saved.

9. 11 Janice // 2011.05.10 at 7:24 pm

Kimberly, my local Costco has told me that starting very soon, they will be requiring everyone to tear out and turn in their coupons upon purchasing items. Previously they have been just scanning the coupons, and one scan of any coupon deducted all coupons you were using in that particular purchase. They went on to say this is due to their vendor requirements. So, if you shop at Costco often, you may want to take a look at the quantity limit on the coupon. If you know you will want to purchase the maximum quanity, but can’t do it all in one purchase, save your coupon until you can purchase all your quantities, because once you turn it in, you won’t be able to get it back….I don’t know how some local area stores work, but the stores in my area (Portland, Oregon) are making this change.

10. 12 Danita // 2011.05.10 at 8:14 am

I shop at the SW Austin Costco and purchased some cute silver flats (ballet style) last week. The brand is “Me Too”. They are so comfortable, I’m thinking of getting another pair in a different color. They had 3 colors/styles. Price was $46. They seem to be very well made.

11. 13 Emily (Bentobloggy) // 2011.05.09 at 7:23 pm

I was looking forward to using a coupon for new tires, but found that it was actually a better value at Walmart this time around. My husband is very particular about which tires we use, and the ones he wanted Costco didn’t carry and couldn’t special-order. The comparable tire they had was $200 more than what we wanted to spend, so we went with Walmart. First time in years we haven’t gotten our tires at the Costco Tire Center.

I wanted to point out that our Costco yesterday had these amazing High Sierra brand sport backpacks for $16.99!! We almost got two, since they were such a good price and had about 5 different fabric choices. We are spending almost a month in the UK this summer, and were looking for something to replace an old one. This new pack is really fancy, with a laptop compartment, lots of padding, straps, mesh pockets – a huge value for the money. We found it in the luggage aisle.