Costco Bakery Sheet Cake Nutritional Information

July 12th, 2011 · 20 Comments

I’ve finally gotten updated information for the Costco Bakery sheet cakes and updated my Costco calories and nutritional information spreadsheet.  This nutritional information is for the cakes that you order through the Costco Bakery, the ones that you can personalize.  As I’m sure everyone knows by now, they have really cut down on the options for these cakes, so there are just the two options now:  white cake filled with 2 pounds vanilla cheesecake mousse and iced with white buttercream; and chocolate cake filled with 2 pounds chocolate mousse and iced with chocolate buttercream.

I’m pretty sure no one will be shocked to hear that the cakes aren’t super nutritional or low cal, either.  But it’s not like you’re likely to be eating cake to lose weight, unfortunately.  No matter which choice you make the cakes have 320 calories per 90 gram/3.2 ounce serving, which means that there are 100 calories per ounce.  However, since they changed the formulation for the frosting there are no trans fats, so that’s some good news.

So, for all of the gory details, check out the spreadsheet.  You can find this information on the Cakes tab in the spreadsheet.

Tags: Food · Health & Beauty Share

1. 1 M A // 2014.04.12 at 8:15 pm

What kind of fat used in costco bakery

2. 2 Andrew // 2014.03.27 at 11:48 pm

I did the math. My costco cake weight 9.50 lbs (flower design). White with Vanilla filling. That’s 152 oz. I used my food scale and it was almost right on with what the tag on the cake said. By the way, cake box claims 2lbs alone of Bavarian Cream filling.

So, 152 oz cake.

The cake is 12×16. That is 192 square inches.

152/192=.7916 so that means for every square inch is about 0.8oz or 80 calories.

Costcos cake claims 320 calories for 3.2oz which is exactly 100 calories per oz.

A 2×2 inch piece of cake is 4 square inches.

4 square inches times 80 calories per ounce is 3.2oz, or 320 calories!!!

A 4×4 piece is 16 square inches so 4 times as big as the 2×2 pieces. This means there is 1280 calories in a 4×4 piece!!!!! Yikes!!! More if it’s a corner or you get the flower frosting!!!!

3. 3 mary // 2013.09.12 at 8:58 am

what about nutritional value on all of your different types of cookies you sell. you sell many different kinds and not one container shows any nutrit values. to have 1 cookie for a diabetic could cause problems on counting the carbs which on your items is very hard to do!

mbc

4. 4 Donna // 2013.09.11 at 5:48 pm

Thank you so much for this nutritional information on Costco cake! I’ve recently lost 31 pounds and counting and had a piece at a birthday party and really want to count it in my daily alotment. Thanks SO MUCH!!!!!

• 5 Kimberly // 2013.09.12 at 4:37 am

@Donna – Good for you! And I’m glad I could help out with the calorie & nutrition counting!

5. 6 MARY COWLEY // 2013.08.13 at 2:43 pm

WILL YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHY YOUR COOKIES HAVE NO LABELS LISTING THE NUTRIN VALUES ON THE CONTAINERS, NOR DO THE PIES?

WHY DID YOU DISCONTINUE THE 1/2 SHEET CARROT CAKE – YOU ONLY MAKE THE ROUND ONES. YOU MAY NOT THINK SO, BUT YOUR CUSTOMERS ARE VERY DISAPPOINTED ON YOUR DECISION OF ELIMATION!!!

MB

6. 7 Kathleen Lawson // 2013.06.24 at 5:51 pm

Could you tell me what the nutritional information is just for the frosting on the cake? I tend to only eat the frosting on the cake rather than the mousse and the cake itself (I’m kinda a frosting addict).

7. 8 Deb // 2012.08.31 at 11:59 am

Can you tell me – about how big of a slice of cake (example: 2″ by 2″ square) ends up being 3.2 oz?

• 9 Kimberly // 2012.09.01 at 5:35 am

@Deb – I do think it is around that big (thinking back to something else I had seen from Costco about their cakes).

8. 10 suprmodl // 2012.06.21 at 11:47 am

This was so helpful. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

9. 11 Michelle // 2012.06.12 at 3:36 pm

Thank you for this information!! Do you have nutrition on their multi-layer round chocolate cake? That cake is the best!!

10. 12 Mmh // 2012.06.06 at 12:15 pm

Does anyone know if Costco will apply a picture topping that I bring in to a cake I order?

• 13 Kimberly // 2012.06.09 at 3:07 am

@Mmh – I think one of the cake decorators from Costo answered this further up in the comments. But the quick answer is that they will really only do the set designs that you can choose from and won’t add personalized photos or other designs to the cakes.

11. 14 natalie // 2012.04.14 at 3:21 pm

Just been looking through your website, is it so that you cannot order patterns on the cakes in the UK anymore? thank you

• 15 Kimberly // 2012.04.15 at 2:12 am

@Natalie – The last time I was looking at cakes in the UK (just a couple of weeks ago) you could still choose the design to go on the cake.

12. 16 Lora // 2012.02.24 at 1:51 pm

do you have the Nutrition for the Cheesecakes?

• 17 Kimberly // 2012.02.24 at 1:55 pm

@Lora – I don’t have that but I can try to get it. Do you know what flavors of cheesecakes there are? That will make it a little easier for me to get the right information. Thanks!

13. 18 Debbie // 2011.07.28 at 3:54 pm

Agreed, was hoping for a chocolate cake with the whipped frosting for a BD, and they said they no longer make that type of frosting – the butter cream is too sweet. Hope they bring it back

14. 19 Carrie // 2011.07.13 at 1:12 am

Yes, I’m also disappointed.

15. 20 Shaye // 2011.07.12 at 4:39 pm

We just got our first Costco cake since they’ve changed the options. We wondered if they changed their recipe. We got a chocolate, and they are not as good as they used to be. We were really disappointed. :(