[There’s the feeling of Fall in the air – cooler mornings, sun is going down sooner, and the trees are turning golden. So, that means it is the perfect time to start buying hearty Fall veggies like butternut squash. Recently a fellow Costco fan, Vickie, sent me this great recipe. She wanted to share it with everyone else that also likes to buy the two pound bag of cubed butternut squash. Well, actually, she just wanted to point it out to everyone because the recipe is right on the back of the packages. I’m definitely going to try it out next time I get some butternut squash!]
Apples & Pecan Butternut Squash Recipe
On the backside of the butternut squash label is THE MOST fantastic/easy “Apples and Pecan Butternut Squash” recipe.
I served it last night thinking we’d have plenty of left overs….but we all ended up eating 2 servings each and the 5 of us polished the entire 9 x 13 dish off in one meal!!!
- One, 2 pound package Costco’s Squash – butternut – cubed
- 2 Apples peeled/cored and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 1/4 cups Pecans ( I used 1/2 c)
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon Butter – melted
- Put the entire package of squash in a 9 x 13 baking dish add 2 tablespoons of water.
- Bake squash in 400 (F) degree oven for 20 minutes.
- While it is baking put all the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- After squash has baked for 20 minutes, remove from oven, and put apple mixture in with squash and mix well. Return all to oven for another 10 minutes, or until the squash is done.
Note: Mine took a total of 40 minutes–but I also started with a “cold” oven.