Guest Post: New Concordville, PA Costco Construction Progress

September 7th, 2012 · 12 Comments

[This is quick update, complete with pictures, of the progress of the Concordville, PA Costco location from a fellow Costco addict, Gene.  He’s been a member of Costco since 1983 when he joined up at the Costco location on Grant Road in Tucson, just like I did.  The pictures below for the new Concordville location give you a feel for how far along they are in the construction process, and how much more needs to get done before the opening on November 10.]

I too am a Costco addict and happily so! My wife (Sheila) and I joined Price Club on Grant Road in Tucson in 1983 and then became members at Price-Costco in Scottsdale after moving there in 1993. We had a dry spell for a while after moving to Montgomery, Alabama in 2002 but we made up for that by visiting the Costco locations in Hoover (AL) about 90-minutes away and in Sandy Springs (GA) about 2.5 hours away. Then Costco opened a store in Montgomery at East Chase in 2007 and that was a happy day for us, indeed! We were given an invitation to the grand opening and I was fortunate enough to meet and be able to have a nice chat with Jim Sinegal while he was touring the new store. He is exactly as he has been portrayed on 60-Minutes and CNBC – just a really down-to-earth, plain-spoken fellow! That was a memorable encounter!

We are now blessed with a good number of Costco locations to choose from since we moved to West Chester, PA in 2010. We usually shop at the store in King of Prussia, PA but we also visit the one in Limerick, PA and at the Christiana Mall in nearby Delaware – including purchasing alcohol (PA has state liquor stores) as well as for 100% tax-free shopping! But the Costco soon to open in Concordville (on Nov. 10th) is less than 20 minutes from our house and has lots of other shopping and dining options within a half-mile of the new location including Home Depot, Target, J. Crew, Pottery Barn, P.F. Chang’s, Texas Roadhouse, etc.

I stopped by the Concordville, PA building site today and took these pictures. (click on the photos to enlarge them & get a better view)

Tags: Guest Posts · Locations Share

1. 1 Melody // 2016.01.05 at 3:22 pm

I visited multiple web ites except the audio
    quality foor audio songs existing at thius website is
    really excellent.

2. 2 mokamulapasuruan.com // 2015.12.22 at 2:31 am

These stores have lots of staple pieces for men’s wardrobes.
    Wallets: This is becoming one of the highly trendy
    and admired fashion accessories in the modern world of fashion. This is a great
    way you can store in place the required credentials.

3. 3 news // 2015.12.04 at 12:56 am

For one, nobody likes to sit for 5 minutes waiting for a page to load.
    For instance, if you have a long phrase in a URL, that can seem very long.
    You can also use the site to automatically
    backup your site, restore it and even get help with the SEO of your site,
    posts and pages.

4. 4 nandosdelivery.wordpress.com // 2015.04.06 at 6:51 pm

Take a look at these pros and cons of grocery shopping online to see if you think it is
    for you. However, now, being exposed to different
    types of food and creative methods of preparation can infuse
    your diet with a new twist and give you the delicious tastes you’ve been craving
    for. Certain types of food that are normally served in sit-down restaurants are commonly available as take-out.

5. 5 Tony Scott // 2012.12.24 at 7:30 am

I have always been a great fan of Costco diners as they offer some of the most delicious cuisines. And living in Concordville I could not have been more excited for its opening here.

6. 6 Andrea // 2012.11.09 at 7:49 am

I am really looking forward to the Costco in Concordille.
    Traffic in the area has been increased significantly since both shopping centers were built.
    If we want the convenience of nearby shopping increased traffic is a natural side effect.
    I too am looking forward to not having to drive to King of Prussia, Limerick, or Christiana to shop. I am wondering why am I not seeing any advertisements or announcements about the opening.

• 7 Gene // 2012.11.10 at 8:33 pm

Costco had a 1/2 page color ad in this morning’s Philadelphia Inquirer announcing today’s grand opening. My wife went at 10:30 and she said it was so busy that carts were backed up trying to enter the store. The parking lot was completely filled, too. This is going to be a very busy location for Costco. I’m going to brave the crowds tomorrow for my first time there.

7. 8 sandy edel // 2012.10.26 at 2:31 pm

My last message about Costco sounded too negative — so I want to say that I LOVE Costco. I never know what I’m going to buy when I’m there — as I always find intesting new products. I just received my personal checks (2 boxes) which I ordered thru Costco. I always buy the rotisserie chicken and tons of other stuff — the BEST customer service.

8. 9 Jackie // 2012.10.12 at 12:14 pm

Costco sounds fine, although it increases traffic, it does bring in lots of tax money and jobs to the area. I don’t know how you could possibly compare a teen nightclub to Pulsations. 1.) Pulsations was here what – 20 year ago? 2.) It was for ADULTS, not TEENS. 3.) There is little for teens to do in this area, and no access to public transportation to go elsewhere, so they get into trouble. I would love if they’d develop a teen center in the area.

• 10 Mark // 2012.10.26 at 12:14 pm

Pulsations had a teen dance that drew huge crowds of rowdy teenagers.

9. 11 Dave // 2012.10.05 at 5:22 pm

Costco in Concordville, PA? Love the idea! I live in Glen Mills and it’s high time we had a big-box store like this. As far as a teen night club? No way! We saw what happened with Pulsations. We don’t need that again!

10. 12 sandy edel // 2012.09.10 at 11:25 pm

I live in Oxnard, CA. Costco is 10 minutes from my home. I hate going there because of the awful parking. On one side is the gas station; on the other side is a new car wash (that used to be parking spaces). I find it very stressful driving around looking for parking – and I go during the day – during the week. Last Friday, I went there and couldn’t find parking on the side of Costco where I always park – so I drove home. No more Friday, Sat. or Sun. During the last few months, the carts have grown wider and taller. I’m only 4’11” and 71 yrs old — when I put a case of water and a case of soda in the cart, I can’t push it. Doesn’t Costco realize this is a problem for many people – even young people who have hand or feet problems. Now I shop more at Trader Joe’s and Walmart. I’ve been shopping at Costco from 1995 (used to go to their Westlake Village store when I lived there) – that was a great Costco. Now I’m in Oxnard – and this Costco is not so comfortable.