Costco US Coupon Book: September 13 – October 7, 2012

September 8th, 2012 · 11 Comments

I thought I would post about the upcoming Costco US coupon book this week instead of my usual Saturday review post so that anyone going shopping this weekend will know what items to skip and wait for the new coupon book.  The new Costco US coupon book runs from this coming Thursday, September 13  through October 7, 2012.  This month there are coupons worth more than $1,800.00 in discounts, and then another $5,500.00 in online deals at Costco.com.  The value of the coupon book is roughly the same as last month; just $100 more so not a big difference.  As always, there are a few great items amongst the coupons this month, as well as some less exciting coupons.

Costco US Coupon Book: September 13 – October 7, 2012

I’ve uploaded the new Costco US Coupon Book PDF (or view it in the Google PDF viewer) so you can browse it if you haven’t gotten yours yet.  While you can print these out for reference purposes, Costco only accepts the original coupons (if your location requires you to hand them in at all).  If you didn’t get your book or never do, you should stop by Customer Service and make sure that they have all of your mailing information correct and that you have allowed them permission to send you things in the mail.  Also, while you’re there, ask them for a copy of the latest book.  If you were not aware, the coupon books are only mailed to the primary member on the account.  Also, don’t forget that in the US you can now download the Costco app for your smartphone and get the current coupons as well as many other helpful bits of Costco information.

First things first, the usual tire coupon is for $70.00 off a set of Michelin tires this month. This should help you get everyone’s tires up to the rigors of  the upcoming back to school driving.

For the new parents out there, there is a $5.00 off coupon for Kirkland Signature diapers this month.  Sadly, you can only get two boxes.  You can also get $4.00 off Kirkland Signature Baby Wipes, 900 wipes, this month too; again, with a a limit of two.  The baby wipes have an instant savings deal, so you don’t even need to clip the coupon.

There are a lot of coupons this month for things that I’ve written about in the past (just use the search function to the right of the post to find them). I really like the Sherpa Throw ($5.00 off), the one I bought a few years ago is on my couch right now, actually.  I also would totally be taking advantage of the $4.00 off instant savings deal on the Angus Cheeseburgers.  Another favourite of mine is the Kirkland Signature Cooking Spray ($1.75 off), it’s the same quality as Pam but cheaper.  And lastly, I can tell you that we would be stocking up on the Kellogg’s Pop-Tarts (48 count box for $2.00 off).  There are also some really good coupons for things that you might want to stock up on like, Charmin ($2.00 off), Kirkland Signature laundry detergent ($2.75 off), Bounty paper towels ($2.00 off), Cascade dish detergent ($2.00 off), Scotch-Brite Sponges ($2.50 off), and Clorox wipes ($2.50 off).

Tags: Coupons Share

1. 1 Mike // 2012.10.04 at 5:51 pm

Kim, here is my take on the pumpkin flax granola. It is a pretty short review being that it is a breakfast cereal, but I definitely give it two thumbs up. It is on sale until Sunday October 7, so people still have time to buy some.

2. 2 Christina // 2012.10.01 at 5:07 pm

Does anyone know if there is a site that shows which costco locations accept the coupons via the phone app?

• 3 Kimberly // 2012.10.02 at 1:58 am

@Christina – The app cannot be used to redeem the coupons at any Costco location. There’s a big blue box at the top of the coupon offers area in the app that states very clearly that the coupons in the app cannot be used for redemption & are for information purposes only. However, not all Costco locations require you to have a physical coupon to hand them when you checkout but that seems very hit or miss.

I do agree though that it would be great if the app could be used that way.

3. 4 Barbara // 2012.09.18 at 9:45 am

The pumpkin flax granola is amazing. I bought 2 boxes on the first day of the sale. My store has run out of it and not carried it for a couple months at a time. One serving has 31g whole grain and high in fiber. 260 calories a serving; add 60 calories for some almond milk and it’s a great breakfast!

Would be nice if the Costco’s offered wifi; I step inside their doors and no service. So their app becomes useless unless you already have it opened to your shopping list.

• 5 Kimberly // 2012.09.20 at 6:23 am

@Barbara – I have often thought that it would be nice if Costco had wifi in the stores as well. Mostly I feel like that when I have forgotten my coupon book and want to download it from my site, but there are other reasons it would be handy too.

4. 6 Catherine // 2012.09.12 at 12:48 pm

HI:

I’m from west Puerto Rico. Please open a warehouse near to us. We ride about 2 1/2 hours to go to Caguas Costco. Please, please open near Sabana Grande, for example, Ponce, Mayaguez, Aguadilla, Arecibo, etc.

Thanks,
    Catherine

5. 7 Mary // 2012.09.08 at 9:36 pm

Costco now has their own app for smart phones. You no longer need a coupon book it is all on the app.

• 8 Kimberly // 2012.09.11 at 10:01 am

Well, you still need the physical coupon book if your Costco location requires you to hand them the coupons when you make your purchases. While that isn’t necessary at all Costco US locations, it still is the policy at many of the stores. The app is just like my PDF and only for reference purposes only.

6. 9 John // 2012.09.08 at 2:03 pm

Can’t wait to see the new Costco in Sarasota Florida …where the old Dillards was located in the Mall!

7. 10 Mike // 2012.09.08 at 9:35 am

Thanks again for posting the upcoming coupon book.

I plan on doing reviews on my blog of the tiramisu cake and the pumpkin flax granola.

• 11 Kimberly // 2012.09.11 at 10:02 am

@Mike – I thought the pumpkin flax granola sounded like it could be really delicious, so I’ll be interested in hearing your take on it.