Home & Office Water Delivery Service from Costco US

December 7th, 2012 · 30 Comments

If you are an office manager, or, if you really prefer bottled water in your home, this is definitely a deal that you want to check out.  Either way, Costco and Water.com now offer a bottled water delivery service with special pricing for Costco members.  The only catch is that you must sign up for a one year agreement and you must take delivery of at least three, 5-gallon bottles per four week billing cycle.   You can definitely get more water, but you have to get at least that much.

Costco Water Delivery for Home & Office

Depending on the amount of water you need, plans start at $15.99 for Executive members and $17.40 for Gold Star and Business members; this pricing is for the basic plan of just three, five gallon bottles for 4 week billing person.  The brands of water available differ by region, but include: Alhambra, Belmont Springs, Crystal Springs, Deep Rock Water, Hinckley Springs, Kentwood Springs, Mount Olympus, Sierra Springs, and Sparkletts.   The brand of water and the plans available all differ by region, however, the same benefits apply to Costco members, no matter what region you are in.  So, what do you get if you are a Costco member:

• Use of bottle rack
  • Two free .5 liter cases (24/case)
  • Or, four sleeves of cups (100/sleeve) with initial delivery
  • Two free cases of .5L single-serve cases (24 per case) on each anniversary for Executive members
  • Coolers aren’t included for free, though you can add one for around $3 – $5 additional per month

Once you put in your zip code and Costco membership number you will find out the water delivery brand for your area.  At that point you will also see the pricing information for the different plans.  You can choose how many bottles of water you want per 4 week period and whether you want a cooler or not. They have plans for just about every situation, from a small residence with a need for just three, 5 gallon bottles per month, all the way to fifty, 5 gallon bottles per month, which should be enough for an office of 30 – 50 people (they say)

If you’re interested in getting bottled water delivery to your home or office, signing up is really quite easy and will probably only take about 10 minutes.  You initially need your zip code and Costco membership number to find out about delivery for your specific area.  Then you make the choice of how much water you want, and if you want a cooler or not.  Next, you put in your contact information as well as the delivery address and choose your initial delivery day and time-frame (like morning or afternoon).  On the final page, you will see an estimate of the total for your initial invoice, as well as the recurring invoice price, this includes things like taxes, refundable bottle deposit, and the variable energy surcharge.  After you review all of that and your contact information, you can put in your credit card details and you’re all ready to submit your order.  So simple and easy and you’ll be able to have fresh, clean water in no time!

Aside from the great deal you get as a Costco member, the truly best thing, I think, is the No-Spill System.  If you have ever been the unlucky one to change the giant water bottle at work and have it splash water all over you or all over whatever is nearby, you’ll definitely appreciate this too.  And even more so if you have this at home where you probably don’t have industrial water-proof flooring near your water cooler.  Every bottle of water they deliver has a spill-proof lid.  That way when you turn the bottle upside down to install on your cooler, the lid stays closed and fits right into the cooler’s anti-leak valve. Then, when you need to remove the bottle, the valve closes and the bottle is resealed and you are saved from a moist afternoon at work!  Brilliant!

Tags: costco.com · Household Items · Office · services Share

1. 1 Adam Vogal // 2014.08.29 at 10:00 pm

Sierra Springs water company is the worst company I have ever dealt with. We ordered our service through Costco, thinking that Costco would only partner with quality services. Boy were we wrong. In the two months since we have had the service, not one process has been completed correctly. On the first delivery, which was three days later than we were told it would be, they left only one of the two water packs and they left filtered water instead of the spring water we had ordered. On the next delivery, they left filtered water again. When I called to complain, I was told my correct water would be delivered on the 26th. When that day came, no water. I called again to see what happened and was told the water would for sure come on the 28th. Yep, you guessed it. The 28th came and went and we still had not received our water. When I called on the 29th to cancel my service, I was informed that this company has the audacity to charge me to come out and pick up their equipment. This is a terrible company, with even worse customer service. Please inform Costco that they need to partner with only reputable companies who care about their customers. I am so upset with this situation that I am contemplating ending my Costco membership after this year.

2. 2 Jim // 2014.08.26 at 4:07 pm

Goth the service thru Costco with Cystal Springs servicing. Really bad service. got a dispenser that did not make hot water, called and scheduled a replacement. Called again, they had no record and they rescheduled. Yup you guesed it, no record again so I cancelled and waited for scheduled equipment day. 7 hrs into business day called and they had no record of the pick up. They are the worst, and I used to have Crystal springs in the DC area and they were great. Do not know what is going on but I will have nothing to do with them.
    Jim

3. 3 Irina // 2014.08.20 at 2:46 am

Worst customer service ever, never received my water after 4 weeks of calling them and them promising me I’ll get my water the next day, which I never did, had to cancel even before I got a first delivery, very upsetting!

The reviews are so bad makes me feel as though this water company is some kind of a SCAM and the small amount of good reviews that are written is by the company’s employees, just thinking out loud!!!

4. 4 Michele // 2014.08.19 at 9:42 am

Absolutely the worst customer service out there. I have been waiting for a water delivery now for 2 weeks. Everytime I call they tell me they are short staffed in my area and I will be getting my delivery tommorow. Well it’s been 2 weeks of calling evey day speaking to customer service and management and still no water. Left Poland spring for them because they were so much cheaper now I know why. Ever month I have to call and practically beg for a water delivery. DO NOT use this water service.

5. 5 kumar // 2014.06.20 at 8:36 pm

I signed up for this costco ( crystal springs water) service even after reading all these bad reviews. Now I realized that i did a blunder by signing up. crystal spring water says one and does one. initially I was told that including everything i will have to pay $23.99, but thats wrong i got a bill for 45.99 for the first month ( I can understand deposit fee for 3 bottles , but why i have to pay for water delivery , i was already charged for the monthly service ). so immediately I have called the customer care and cancelled the service. after 2 days they collected all their stuff ( bottles, cooler ). now after 16 days i have received another bill with for $29 ( even i dont have their cooler and water). when I called customer care about this , they said, since i was already in the second month billing cycle by the time my plan was cancelled( wtf, i did not even use the water ).
    ——–Dont go for this service……..dont get deceived…..

6. 6 Ak // 2014.06.05 at 10:38 pm

Costco uses crystal water in New Jersey. Have had too many delivery problems. I am going to cancel this service. Not worth the aggravation.

7. 7 Shelly // 2014.05.10 at 10:57 am

I never was contacted for delivery. Just sayin! Not very buissness on sparklettes part.

• 8 Hailey // 2014.06.04 at 1:13 am

Shelly, you are NOT missing out on anything. I have this plan and have had a headache with their customer service, billing, and delivery since I have been on this plan (about 9 months). I have contacted the BBB and I’m hoping that the service gets better…so far it has not. Honestly, I’m not sure why I still use crystal springs. I’m sure there are many other companies out there that want your business, I would start checking elsewhere.

8. 9 Andrew // 2014.04.01 at 6:27 pm

I was hoping this service would be available in my area but no dice for now. After reading a couple of the reviews here, it looks like maybe this isn’t such a bad thing after all.

9. 10 Kumar // 2014.03.11 at 10:04 pm

I subscribed to the Costco Waters anyways. Bought a separate dispenser from Costco. Costco did not offer spring water on their website but when I called they set me up for spring water for 3 bottles per two weeks which was very nice since we wanted spring water only. The price difference from the purified water was also not much. However, the first experience with the delivery itself came out to be very bad. The guy over the phone told me that he set me up for the first delivery on so and so date. But water was not delivered. I waited for two more days and then called back (second call). The other guy told me after scrambling for a long time that the order did not go through into their system so the water company does not even know about the order. He found that the address was wrong and system could not verify that. I think the chance of them knowing it in time was more than me knowing this. Anyways this new person fixed the issue. But we got the first delivery one day late, we didn’t mind, may be we were very happy to get to use the water dispenser first time (it is nice, hot and cold potable water anytime, very cool). But we did not get any of the Costco freebes – two crates was 0.5 ltr water bottles and bottle stand. I called them (third call) again and asked them to also deliver the Costco freebies. After a few days, the two crates of bottles was delivered. The bottle rack was not missed again. After a few days we received the bill. The invoiced amount was almost double of what I was told over the phone (I gave Costco membership both the times I called them). I was shocked and sad to see that. Made fourth call. The guy jumped on his seat that I was Costco member and the price offered was not Costco price. He apologized and told me that extra money will be applied toward next invoice which I have yet to receive. I then asked why the dates for future delivery that appears on the invoice has a month gap instead of two weeks. He found that also incorrectly setup and had to fix that too. I reminded him for the bottle rack and he confirmed that it will be delivered this time. He then gave me a date for water delivery. Guess what, this time I got an automated call from them one day before the schedule delivery date. I was very happy that they improved their system and this time water was coming in time. But!!! The water did not come next day, the schedule confirmed day of delivery. We waited whole day thinking may be the guy may deliver it late in the evening. Then we called again (lost by now how many times I had to call them by now). The lady told that the guy did not even attempt to deliver as per their system. She was very apologetic. As she guessed, the water was delivered today (one day late from the confirmed date) which I can live with. But guess again. The bottle rack was not delivered. My wife was pitying on the guy who was carrying the bottles on his shoulder and arm and made two trip to our door (there is a long walk from the main door). He told the bottle racks are all over :). I was angry in the beginning but now I feel like laughing on them, can not help. SO MUCH FOR THE WATER!!! Costco please listen and check their recorded IVR. If needed I can give you my account number in confidence to verify the entire sequence of events above, if you (Costco) want to bring your revenues up again.

10. 11 Carl Y. // 2014.03.07 at 3:07 pm

Same terrible service in Boise, ID.

It is amazing that Costco setup this service and doesn’t monitor their performance.
    I won’t be doing business with them ever.

11. 12 Michael L // 2014.01.31 at 8:19 pm

Horrible experience. Ordered online and expected delivery but never received. Had to run out to get water for newborn formula. Thought to give them another try and called and set delivery again. They never showed again. Third time I requested a call back from a manager and they promised to deliver next day. Failed again and never received call. So disappointed and very disappointed with Costco for partnering with them. I don’t pay a membership fee to be recommended to that kind of service.

12. 13 Kumar // 2014.01.25 at 10:46 am

People providing feedback here should also tell the water company name also. If the same company delivers in my area, I could decide if I can go for it or look options beyond Costco. Worth taking a chance if we go by company name as we are having mixed feedback, some are good and some bad.

• 14 Claudia // 2014.02.03 at 12:08 pm

The water company that I am referring to is in California, DS Waters or Sparkletts. They keep changing their name on me.

• 15 Bob // 2014.02.04 at 1:33 am

DS Waters Of America owns them. Sparkletts is just a brand like Ice Mountain is to Nestle. DS Waters actually owns the majority of the brands in the USA.

13. 16 How Much Does a Water Delivery Service Cost? | HowMuchIsIt.org // 2014.01.14 at 10:41 pm

[…] Costco, for instance, has water delivery plans that start at $15.99 per month. […]

14. 17 Claudia // 2013.11.27 at 1:42 pm

This is a great plan through Costco, but I just got off the phone with the water company. I had some issues paying my bill and was charged for deliveries in November even though nothing was delivered due to non payment (my fault). In the past they were very generous in either making the deliveries after payment was received or refunding my money. Not only are they no longer doing so, but if you put a hold on your account due to a vacation or medical illness they will still charge and not deliver your water at a later time. New rules they are implementing on the BUDGET PLAN but they are not disclosing this information when you sign up.

15. 18 Mama Osang // 2013.09.30 at 3:31 pm

I signed up and was scheduled the initial delivery and set up on a Wednesday. No delivery, no phone call. Thursday came, none. Friday, received a voice mail in the evening telling me they will deliver Saturday, no time frame given. Returned call, nobody picked up. i left a message and told them that I am not available Saturday between 9a to 7p, I received no return call.
    Monday AM (before 8a), I called again to ask when is the delivery, the lady said Tuesday. I asked what time, she said there is no time. I asked if they can give a time frame for the delivery, lady said no, delivery can come anytime of the day. Ha! That means I have to wait all day for a water delivery?! I said to just cancel everything. I can not wait all day just for water.
    In the afternoon a man called requesting me to return call, of course I did not, my decision was final. Around 3p, the delivery came as if they didn’t know I cancelled. My decision was final, I didn’t accept the delivery.

16. 19 Alex // 2013.08.30 at 2:02 pm

I don’t get all of these negative/bad complaints. This company from the beginning has been EXCELLENT.

I’ve had nothing but positive experience with this company, starting from the sales representative David at Costco to delivery and then daily usage.
    The sales rep David explained things very thoroughly during my visit to costco and won me over.
    I told him I needed the water tomorrow morning and he said “Okay let me see what I can do”. A few seconds later the general manager Kelley approaches me and says that his guys are all booked but he will deliver the water himself at 10am.

He keeps his word and comes at exactly 10am. He then brings all the heavy water and equipment in and plugs it in for me.

Customer service with this company has been EXCELLENT ever since and the water dispenser is also very nice. Everything has been smooth sailing.

This company is huge. Maybe there are some slackers in some cities/states, but in El Paso Texas, the customer service has been phenomenal.

• 20 Shelly // 2013.08.31 at 10:52 am

You are new. Wait til the honeymoon is over. My deliveries had been great until the 6 month mark, from there it went down hill. I wish you luck.

• 21 Shelly // 2014.03.23 at 11:35 am

Their delivery schedule changes constantly. Keep on eye on your billing, 3 Bottles a month will change to every 6 wks. When the delivery route changes, you’ll be missed.
      When you call, make sure they CREDIT the missed delivery. Don’t accept their free case of water bottles (12oz I think)….they’ll charge you twice for the CRV + the recovery delivery will be charged as Extra Delivery (2x the reg price) + you’ll still be charged for the missed one.

Their billing and delivery is a night mare.

17. 22 Cheryl McGovern // 2013.08.26 at 2:42 pm

We also had a bit of problems such as getting
    a hot and cold water dispenser and not getting
    the free storage rack. We called and they delivered
    the storage rack and let us keep the water
    dispenser. They removed the charge for
    the dispenser. They sent us a delivery schedule
    and while we have had two times when
    the deliveries were off (they delivered early
    twice ) overall we are happy with the service
    which we have had for about 3 months. They
    deliver every two weeks.

18. 23 Shonny // 2013.05.21 at 3:50 pm

DO NOT BUY! This service is terrible. They scheduled delivery for me between 8-12. I called to confirm and was told they only schedule between 8-5pm. It didn’t matter anyway, because no one showed at all. I really wanted the water so I called back to reschedule for the next day. I received a confirmation email and all. NO SHOW again. They certainly don’t want my business, or any of my referral business. I am calling Deer Park in the morning. Don’t waste your time. This is not the type of company I want to do business with. WHAT A JOKE!

19. 24 Dwight // 2013.03.20 at 8:33 am

I have been a long time customer of Deer Park. I just had Deer Park match the price Crystal Springs was offering through Costco. I locked in $6.33 per gallon for 1 year. I was paying $7.99 per gallon. Thanks Costco!!!

20. 25 Janet // 2013.02.03 at 11:33 am

The details of my account originally showed $9.99 per bottle, and I was ready to call and complain. But now, looking at it today, it’s been revised to show the $18.99 Costco value plan. Maybe a quick call to make sure the water company is charging you through the Costco plan rather than their own plan will remedy the situation – I think it’s just confusion on their end. Good luck.

21. 26 andy // 2013.01.30 at 2:14 am

looks like i should have read before ordering…..
    looks like thy are charging m 10$ a bottle after being quoted 24.99 for 4 bottles and the color.
    They also did not give the free cases our the cups and are now charging me for them.

• 27 Janet // 2013.02.03 at 11:30 am

That’s how my account looked originally – $9.99 per bottle – I was ready to call and complain!! But now (without calling) it’s been revised to show the Costco value plan of $18.99 for 3 bottles per month. Maybe you just need to call to make sure they’re charging you through Costco rather than through the water company’s plan.

22. 28 Shelly Dunn // 2013.01.16 at 8:14 pm

Love Costco, never any problems. Thought if Costco sponsored Sparkletts water delivery I wouldn’t have any problems. Boy, was I wrong. I receive a call to notify me of the next days water delivery, no show. I call and told they’ll deliver the next week. I get my bill, they charge for the non-delivery + the make up delivery (added charge). I’ve spent 2 months on the phone to clear their billing/delivery errors. They deliver 2 cases of individual bottles and when I call to find out why, they tell me it’s complimentary for the billing/delivery hassles. Guess what? 1 case was free, the 2nd case they charged. This service is a nightmare and very deceitful. . . . Don’t ever sign up for the water service. Home or Office.

23. 29 Michelle // 2013.01.07 at 3:14 pm

We thought the water delivery service (either through or endorsed by Costco) would be great because everything about Costco is just fabulous, but we had a HORRIBLE experience with their water service. We live in TX, and while the Costco plan ends up being about $1.50 cheaper than the local Ozarka delivery, the customer service is a complete nightmare. We were supposed to receive a free bottle rack which we never got. We were CONSTANTLY overcharged and the actual delivery service was super shady — for example, we would ask for spring water, but would receive distilled and the delivery guy would insist that the labeling was just incorrect. When we asked for the correctly labeled bottles, he said that we were the last stop and he was all out. Normally, at this point I would call customer service, but hold on! Even with a seemingly simple problem such as being overcharged or not getting the formula of water you ordered, we were passed around like a hot potato, from department to department. The whole conversation was like 4 mins, but the actual phone call was 48 minutes — thanks to all the transferring and hold times. Moral of the story: Not worth the $1.50 savings. Take Costco partnerships/endorsements with a grain of salt. I just find it hard to believe that a company that spends millions of R&D on toilet paper would be so lax on companies and services they choose to endorse…

24. 30 Run Run Rudolph! « The Accidental Cootchie Mama // 2012.12.11 at 1:11 am