Home & Office Water Delivery Service from Costco US

December 7th, 2012 · 66 Comments

If you are an office manager, or, if you really prefer bottled water in your home, this is definitely a deal that you want to check out.  Either way, Costco and Water.com now offer a bottled water delivery service with special pricing for Costco members.  The only catch is that you must sign up for a one year agreement and you must take delivery of at least three, 5-gallon bottles per four week billing cycle.   You can definitely get more water, but you have to get at least that much.

Costco Water Delivery for Home & Office

Depending on the amount of water you need, plans start at $15.99 for Executive members and $17.40 for Gold Star and Business members; this pricing is for the basic plan of just three, five gallon bottles for 4 week billing person.  The brands of water available differ by region, but include: Alhambra, Belmont Springs, Crystal Springs, Deep Rock Water, Hinckley Springs, Kentwood Springs, Mount Olympus, Sierra Springs, and Sparkletts.   The brand of water and the plans available all differ by region, however, the same benefits apply to Costco members, no matter what region you are in.  So, what do you get if you are a Costco member:

• Use of bottle rack
  • Two free .5 liter cases (24/case)
  • Or, four sleeves of cups (100/sleeve) with initial delivery
  • Two free cases of .5L single-serve cases (24 per case) on each anniversary for Executive members
  • Coolers aren’t included for free, though you can add one for around $3 – $5 additional per month

Once you put in your zip code and Costco membership number you will find out the water delivery brand for your area.  At that point you will also see the pricing information for the different plans.  You can choose how many bottles of water you want per 4 week period and whether you want a cooler or not. They have plans for just about every situation, from a small residence with a need for just three, 5 gallon bottles per month, all the way to fifty, 5 gallon bottles per month, which should be enough for an office of 30 – 50 people (they say)

If you’re interested in getting bottled water delivery to your home or office, signing up is really quite easy and will probably only take about 10 minutes.  You initially need your zip code and Costco membership number to find out about delivery for your specific area.  Then you make the choice of how much water you want, and if you want a cooler or not.  Next, you put in your contact information as well as the delivery address and choose your initial delivery day and time-frame (like morning or afternoon).  On the final page, you will see an estimate of the total for your initial invoice, as well as the recurring invoice price, this includes things like taxes, refundable bottle deposit, and the variable energy surcharge.  After you review all of that and your contact information, you can put in your credit card details and you’re all ready to submit your order.  So simple and easy and you’ll be able to have fresh, clean water in no time!

Aside from the great deal you get as a Costco member, the truly best thing, I think, is the No-Spill System.  If you have ever been the unlucky one to change the giant water bottle at work and have it splash water all over you or all over whatever is nearby, you’ll definitely appreciate this too.  And even more so if you have this at home where you probably don’t have industrial water-proof flooring near your water cooler.  Every bottle of water they deliver has a spill-proof lid.  That way when you turn the bottle upside down to install on your cooler, the lid stays closed and fits right into the cooler’s anti-leak valve. Then, when you need to remove the bottle, the valve closes and the bottle is resealed and you are saved from a moist afternoon at work!  Brilliant!

Tags: costco.com · Household Items · Office · services Share

1. 1 Sarah // 2015.10.05 at 9:36 am

I was looking for the direct number to Costco for sparkletts water and came across all the negative reviews…glad to know I’m not the only one that has experienced the horrific customer service of sparkletts!!!! Hold times of an hour long just to get disconnected!!! I haven’t had any billing issues – but they can’t seem to figure out how to get me three 5-gallon water bottles a month. A few months ago I ended up with 26 5-gallon water bottles and I had to call and put my account on hold (a three hour job) and now that we’ve depleted those 20+ bottles they have missed my last delivery twice. So frustrating!!!! What genius is running this company?

• 2 Johnnie // 2015.10.06 at 11:26 am

Been customer for two months, the water is very good but your customer service leaves a very bad taste. Was on phone twice trying to speak with a supervisor and of course never got the opportunity someone hung up on me. At this point I am ready to cancel my service.

2. 3 Enrique // 2015.09.28 at 8:31 pm

Alhambra… Worse customer service EVER, called to get my cooler replace(not working properly and leaking) and after 1:26hrs I got transfer to 2 different departments and then hung-up on me. It took, about 3 months to get my bill fix. the only good thing in the product and good hardworking delivery guys. other than that… the worse service (sales, customer service and billing dept) EVER>

3. 4 2ndtimearoundcomputers // 2015.09.16 at 5:08 pm

I’ll have to check if this is available in my area ( Bellingham, WA ) great deal if it is, thanks for the info.

4. 5 J. Dunscomb // 2015.09.06 at 1:15 pm

We have cancelled our service for now since we got a new refrigerator with filtered water, but I did want to comment on my history with Costco/Sparkletts water. Although we did have issues with having too many bottles delivered (which was the downside), and I did occasionally have the need to call customer service, they were always very helpful and willing to correct my invoices as necessary. It was recommended to me that I put a note out there on my delivery days advising them how many bottles I wanted that week, as it seemed that my “3-bottles per month” plan wasn’t really specifically adhered to by the delivery man. They would replace as many bottles as was sitting on my doorstep – no more, no less. Once I started putting a note on my doorstep, I received what I wanted (and paid for the extras I requested). This would seem to be extra effort after signing up for a specific plan, but it worked for us. Our delivery man was also very helpful and professional, and he would knock on the door if I forgot to place any bottles and/or note on the doorstep. I was happy with the service.

• 6 Kathy // 2015.09.08 at 12:51 pm

Can I ask how you ever got through to them? I’ be been trying since the end of August to reach them and no one answers. Number calling in 1-800-432-4823. Thank. You

• 7 Kimberly // 2015.09.09 at 4:01 am

Their phone number is 1-888-432-4823. It’s not 1-800. You should be able to reach them now. Good luck.

(someone accidentally sent this to me as a response to their email thread, so I’m just posting it for them)

5. 8 Farrah // 2015.09.06 at 12:30 pm

ssues with the billing and delivery of the water. I spoke to a customer service supervisor with Sparkletts today and after her being rude and unhelpful, she put me on hold and then hung up with me. I was new customer and icancle my order i go with differnt company and they are very good

6. 9 Louanne Tillman // 2015.09.04 at 9:43 pm

We love the Sparkletts water, but we are always having issues with the billing and delivery of the water. I spoke to a customer service supervisor with Sparkletts today and after her being rude and unhelpful, she put me on hold and then hung up with me. I called back and the recording said they were closed. Instead of telling me that they were closing, she chose to just hang up with me. I will be calling back tomorrow, but I sure am disappointed at saddened at the way I was treated. The other problem is our delivery driver is always delivering too many bottles of water. If we put out 3 empties, he leaves 3 new bottles. One time we put out 6 empties and he left 6 new ones. We are only supposed to get 3 bottles per month. We put our service on hold this summer because we were on vacation. Our bill didn’t reflect the hold and it looked like we just didn’t make a payment. So, the supervisor said they kicked us off of the Costco plan because we didn’t make a payment. What a mess. I’d love to keep drinking the Sparkletts water because it tastes so good, but I’m not sure I can handle the rude customer service representatives and the incorrect deliveries.

7. 10 Kim // 2015.08.19 at 8:28 pm

Our sparkletts service in Ventura County is exceptional. We have had NO issues. The night before our delivery, we receive a reminder call to leave the empty bottles outside. The delivery man is incredibly helpful and professional. Note: I was looking for the phone number to increase the number of bottles and saw the negative comments. This is why I decided to take the time and provide my experience. Hope this helps! And I love the taste of this water!!