Home & Office Water Delivery Service from Costco US

December 7th, 2012 · 92 Comments

If you are an office manager, or, if you really prefer bottled water in your home, this is definitely a deal that you want to check out.  Either way, Costco and Water.com now offer a bottled water delivery service with special pricing for Costco members.  The only catch is that you must sign up for a one year agreement and you must take delivery of at least three, 5-gallon bottles per four week billing cycle.   You can definitely get more water, but you have to get at least that much.

Costco Water Delivery for Home & Office

Depending on the amount of water you need, plans start at $15.99 for Executive members and $17.40 for Gold Star and Business members; this pricing is for the basic plan of just three, five gallon bottles for 4 week billing person.  The brands of water available differ by region, but include: Alhambra, Belmont Springs, Crystal Springs, Deep Rock Water, Hinckley Springs, Kentwood Springs, Mount Olympus, Sierra Springs, and Sparkletts.   The brand of water and the plans available all differ by region, however, the same benefits apply to Costco members, no matter what region you are in.  So, what do you get if you are a Costco member:

• Use of bottle rack
  • Two free .5 liter cases (24/case)
  • Or, four sleeves of cups (100/sleeve) with initial delivery
  • Two free cases of .5L single-serve cases (24 per case) on each anniversary for Executive members
  • Coolers aren’t included for free, though you can add one for around $3 – $5 additional per month

Once you put in your zip code and Costco membership number you will find out the water delivery brand for your area.  At that point you will also see the pricing information for the different plans.  You can choose how many bottles of water you want per 4 week period and whether you want a cooler or not. They have plans for just about every situation, from a small residence with a need for just three, 5 gallon bottles per month, all the way to fifty, 5 gallon bottles per month, which should be enough for an office of 30 – 50 people (they say)

If you’re interested in getting bottled water delivery to your home or office, signing up is really quite easy and will probably only take about 10 minutes.  You initially need your zip code and Costco membership number to find out about delivery for your specific area.  Then you make the choice of how much water you want, and if you want a cooler or not.  Next, you put in your contact information as well as the delivery address and choose your initial delivery day and time-frame (like morning or afternoon).  On the final page, you will see an estimate of the total for your initial invoice, as well as the recurring invoice price, this includes things like taxes, refundable bottle deposit, and the variable energy surcharge.  After you review all of that and your contact information, you can put in your credit card details and you’re all ready to submit your order.  So simple and easy and you’ll be able to have fresh, clean water in no time!

Aside from the great deal you get as a Costco member, the truly best thing, I think, is the No-Spill System.  If you have ever been the unlucky one to change the giant water bottle at work and have it splash water all over you or all over whatever is nearby, you’ll definitely appreciate this too.  And even more so if you have this at home where you probably don’t have industrial water-proof flooring near your water cooler.  Every bottle of water they deliver has a spill-proof lid.  That way when you turn the bottle upside down to install on your cooler, the lid stays closed and fits right into the cooler’s anti-leak valve. Then, when you need to remove the bottle, the valve closes and the bottle is resealed and you are saved from a moist afternoon at work!  Brilliant!

Tags: costco.com · Household Items · Office · services Share

1. 1 Igor // 2016.08.30 at 11:41 pm

I am shocked at how poorly the operations are set up for this service. I have had issues with the delivery system every single month. The most recent issue was delivery of water despite the fact that I cancelled a week in advance through the website. I have now called four times and each time I was assured the driver would pick the water back up on a given day. Needless to say, that is yet to happen.

Again, I am absolutely astonished at the pitiful disconnect between Costco and Sparkletts logistics.

I will be cancelling the service because of the managing team’s ineptitude.

• 2 Sabrina Londino // 2016.08.30 at 11:48 pm

Everyone please complain. Let our stories be heard. Let costco and sparkletts know we are not willing to put up with the lack of service. It is unexceptable of costco to force a toxic relationship onto paying members. There are other choices out there, and the more costco amd sparkletts understands that, the more choices we open for ourselves.

• 3 Carl Yee // 2016.08.30 at 11:51 pm

Nothing has changed apparently, still terrible service.

Can you imagine, they still advertise the service in the monthly Cosrco Magazine? I use to think Costco had top notch people, but they must not in this area.

Don’t buy water here. You will be sorry.

• 4 Carlton Yee // 2016.09.01 at 9:43 pm

I wrote a letter to the Costco Magazine editor VP and asked what was going on? Here is the reply from the Director of this program:

I appreciate you taking the time to share with Sandy your concerns regarding the bottled water delivery service. Members like you sharing your specific issues and thoughts truly help us improve our service offerings.
      We are always hesitant to entrust our member’s care with someone else. The process to add a new service and provider to Costco Services is long and involved. And, the scrutiny doesn’t stop with the launch. We have ongoing reporting and analysis with the goal of ensuring our members receive the level of service they (and we) expect.
      The water program has experienced unprecedented growth this year. Because of that, some members in certain areas have experienced service issues. Those specific areas where DS Services is unable to properly keep up with the increased demand, have had their marketing reduced in the corresponding warehouses. This approach takes some time to see the service levels improve. We are monitoring and adjusting weekly to try to ensure our members are taken care of.
      The good news is, we have hundreds of thousands of members enjoying the service and the value we’ve negotiated and thousands more joining each month.
      If there are any specific issues that you would like us to look into, please share them. We’re happy to help in any way we can.
      _____

Not sure I take much stock in this answer. But now everyone knows they have had a heads-up on this program’s failings.

2. 5 Mara // 2016.07.26 at 4:56 am

I called Crystal and was told to call Costco directly. When I phoned the Costco water number an automated system said it would be a 10 minute wait. However, after 37 minutes I hung up bcuz no one picked up and answered the phone. I think that’s outrageous.

• 6 JJ // 2016.07.27 at 6:17 pm

DS Services is horrible in East Bay Cali. Took 4 calls and few emails to get 1st delivery arranged….
      Now I’ve had services for couple months and they never deliver when they promise too. Drivers supervisor just don’t care attitude. It is supposed to be convenient ,but it’s nothing but outrageous. Buyer beware. It’s not worth saving 50 Cents per bottle….

3. 7 Scott // 2016.07.22 at 11:34 am

I signed up for Costco water delivery through Hinkley water and it is bad I do not recommend. Hold times are very long. The customer service is nice but I should not have to call them every month because they made another mistake.
    1. Charged me for bottles that I did not receive. I went on vacation and had to change my delivery dates and it was nothing but confusion and mistakes from them.
    2. Never delivered my water. Empty bottles where out all day and nobody came. So I called and was on hold another 15 minutes and they said they delivered 4 bottles to me and I had 5 empties out so I am supposed to get 5 bottles back but guess what, no water. I still don’t know who got my water LOL. So they delivered 4 bottles the next day. Still one less than I was supposed to get but whatever. I get the bill today and they charged me for ALL 8 bottles. So now I am on hold again, going on 20 minutes now, trying to get this rectified and I am going to CANCEL their service too because I have had enough.
    Support your local businesses because I found a local spring that delivers water and I am hoping I can get their service instead of giving my hard earned money to these people who obviously have no clue what is going on.

4. 8 Costco Home Decorating | Home Furnishings and Decorating // 2016.07.06 at 5:03 pm

[…] Home & Office Water Delivery Service … – 07.12.2012  · Home & Office Water Delivery Service from Costco US … 4 Amos Benning // 2016.06.04 at 5:45 pm . Nothing much for me … […]

5. 9 Julia // 2016.06.07 at 2:37 pm

Don’t even bother with this company. Terrible service. I ordered when they were showcasing in my local warehouse. Almost three months later and they haven’t even started delivery. This DS water company contracts out to local delivery and there’s no communication between the two. I can’t believe Costco still has this company listed as a service provider. I’m going to send them a link to these reviews!

• 10 Sabrina // 2016.06.07 at 4:52 pm

Please do let them know about this link. I have told Costco corporate along with sparkletts/costco escalations department. These guys don’t want to hear from me. I love costco and sadly my family has made the decision to cancel membership over this issue simply due to costcos non caring attitude through this. Corporate bullying sucks.

• 11 Carl Yee // 2016.06.07 at 7:04 pm

With the uniformly awful reviews on their water service, I wondered who wrote up the glowing recommendation to buy this service at the head of this web page? Had to be someone who was paid to be a tout.

Take these reviewers’ word, don’t use or buy this service. It really is as bad as we say.

• 12 Carlton Yee // 2016.07.26 at 8:43 am

Costco still has the ads in their monthly magazine. I wrote a letter to the editor stating they were wasting their space and $$. Of course, not a reply or publishing in the magazine. Conclusion: They don’t care. Wonder why?

• 13 Sabrina // 2016.07.27 at 6:41 pm

Costco doesn’t reply. I have a notebook that is half full of nothing but notes from every call and encounter I had during my 2 months trying to resolve my issues not only with Crystal Waters but Costco as well. I thought speaking to Costco corporate wold be more attentive. Instead I was going in circles with Dan Martinez and his supervisor who also did not care. Dan Martinez showed zero sympathy or empathy. Dans solution to everything was for me to pay what they said was owed and do what they wanted me to do or I will be put into collections. Not loving costco so much these days :(

6. 14 Amos Benning // 2016.06.04 at 5:45 pm

Nothing much for me to add other than “ditto” to all of the other negative comments and poor no, terrible customer service. I find it hard to believe that Costco would permit its good name to be abused by the likes of these folks. I have to believe they do so with Costco’s support since the issues identified here continues. I thought I cancelled my service yesterday. However, after reading some of these posts that might not be the case. Shame on you Costco. I expect more than this from you!

7. 15 Sabrina // 2016.05.04 at 12:53 pm

I too have had a negative experience with sparkletts ds sevices. After several bad experiences with the delivery guy I called the call center. Nobody cared. I’m huge on customer service so I requested a manager to contact me and my service to be discontinued. Neither were done. I finally escalated to costco. Who got me in touch with costco escalations dept. I am 3 weeks into talks with them and still nothing I love costco! But they are not helping executive members issues with this screwed up company.

8. 16 Seki // 2016.05.02 at 9:56 am

The worst service ever! I think the company (DS services) took on too many orders and can’t fulfill them. I’ve waited for two weeks for my second order but it never came. Called numerous times. I finally cancelled.

9. 17 Don // 2016.04.25 at 2:15 pm

I was told that the service would cost $5.99/bottle and $1/month equipment rental. I decided to go with spring water instead of purified, which cost another $1/bottle. So, the total per month should be $8. And…, sure enough my shopping cart total showed that. HOWEVER, in small print it said that total did not included taxes, a bottle deposit or a “variable energy charge”. No big deal on the taxes or the bottle deposit. I don’t even have a real problem with the energy charge. My problem is I felt like they were trying to hide all of that. First, it did not show in the cart. Second, you had to scroll way down to see the invoice estimate, and third, you didn’t even get to see any of that until you got to the page to put in your credit card number with a submit button right next to it. So, I never placed my order because I don’t do business with companies that try to hide extra fees from me. If they had let me know up front I might have gone through with it. Also, I can buy spring water at the grocery store for half the price.

10. 18 TED // 2016.01.28 at 1:56 pm

Omg!! i wish i would have found this before i started using Costco Water. The Product is fine, but the customer service is non-existent. i finally email the company to cancel my service or there lack of. Four days later i get an email verifying the cancelation, two days after that i get a phone call from a man that acts like he would be somewhere else then talking to me on the phone, the conversation was just verifying the cancelation of service,(NOT EVEN “CAN WE DO ANYTHING TO KEEP YOUR BUSINESS” nothing but ok service is cancelled good bye. And for those keeping score at home the reason I cancelled was just because they never would pick up my empties . when they finally came they took 20+ empties and we only use about 4-5 bottles a month. its a shame that Costco is roped in with this company . just bad business probably some executives kid needing a job .

• 19 Cathy // 2016.01.28 at 5:11 pm

We have nestle now. No problems whatsoever.

11. 20 Sunny // 2016.01.20 at 5:40 pm

I live in Norwalk, ct. I love Costco and expected this water delivery service to be great. It’s indeed horrible. Customer service is horrible because they are completely out of touch with the delivery people. There is no point in talking to customer service when they are powerless in getting the delivery people to deliver the water when I ask. I’m switching. I just hope they take all their equipment as soon as possible.

12. 21 David Asher // 2015.10.28 at 3:49 pm

I agree with every negative comment on this page. I urge Costco to get rid of Deep Rock as a supplier of water for Costco, Denver. They rank at the bottom of the list . The water was fine but the service sucks when it’s time to relinquish. The phone service is the worst. One might as well talk to a water faucet or some other drip.

13. 22 Megan // 2015.10.28 at 11:44 am

I am sorry you guys are having bad service. I live in Missouri and it is excellent service. I love my water. People are always nice to me when I call, although I am put on hold for a while sometimes but it happens. So I don’t know if it’s your area or what but my Costco water service is amazing. My son loves it and drink so much more water than he used too.

14. 23 Elizabeth chen // 2015.10.19 at 6:34 pm

I am really frustrated aboutCostco water come to pick up their machine
    Even I put the machine in outside my door for two weeks.I did pay my due but I like to clear
    Up the business with Costcowater.This is a horrible experience with it.

15. 24 Cathy // 2015.10.10 at 2:37 am

Alhambra in central CA is the worst and when a Cosco customer signs up for their $30.99 they dont deliver water but expect to be paid. hanging on phone for hour for supervisor and finally hung up. 40 minute wait yesterday complained to Cosco. hoping they can get this resolved and get our account cancelled everytime they tell us they are picking up bottles and cooler they dont. they tell us they cancel upon our request to find out they dont. they claim they are in transition whatever that means. never sign up for water service again. suppose to be for convenience! not convenient when they dont deliver water or cancel when asked or you call and wait hour and no one picks us. cant believe BBB doesnt close them down if they have that authority.

16. 25 Jim // 2015.10.08 at 7:37 pm

This is the absolute WORST service – they are completely incompetent and I can’t even cancel without major hassles!!! I have been on hold over the past 3 days for a total of 3 hours just to try to cancel service. TERRIBLE COMPANY – RUN AWAY FROM SPARKLETTS – they have been dropped by Costco because there is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!

17. 26 Sarah // 2015.10.05 at 9:36 am

I was looking for the direct number to Costco for sparkletts water and came across all the negative reviews…glad to know I’m not the only one that has experienced the horrific customer service of sparkletts!!!! Hold times of an hour long just to get disconnected!!! I haven’t had any billing issues – but they can’t seem to figure out how to get me three 5-gallon water bottles a month. A few months ago I ended up with 26 5-gallon water bottles and I had to call and put my account on hold (a three hour job) and now that we’ve depleted those 20+ bottles they have missed my last delivery twice. So frustrating!!!! What genius is running this company?

• 27 Johnnie // 2015.10.06 at 11:26 am

Been customer for two months, the water is very good but your customer service leaves a very bad taste. Was on phone twice trying to speak with a supervisor and of course never got the opportunity someone hung up on me. At this point I am ready to cancel my service.

18. 28 Enrique // 2015.09.28 at 8:31 pm

Alhambra… Worse customer service EVER, called to get my cooler replace(not working properly and leaking) and after 1:26hrs I got transfer to 2 different departments and then hung-up on me. It took, about 3 months to get my bill fix. the only good thing in the product and good hardworking delivery guys. other than that… the worse service (sales, customer service and billing dept) EVER>

• 29 Cathy // 2015.10.10 at 2:46 am

So much grief we have experienced from this Alhambra. first signed up in May under promotion Then had them give me Cosco deal $30.99 for 5 bottles a month. Labor Day they were suppose to deliver did not Called and asked when was told that Wed. Nothing. Called back and told we missed a payment by day so they didnt deliver water. No call, nothing (that was after being told 2 days prior expect a delivery) Told them cancel. Two weeks later when suppose to pick up bottle and cooler – no show. Call and hang on for long time to be told it was never cancelled. Attempt it again. Forgot about it for three weeks…yesterday get a bill for two charges and late fee but never had water delivered. Today call and get told because we signed up under Cosco deal its not about getting water its a contract and we have past due balance we shouldnt have had water delivered in Aug – conflicts with one day late in Sept – but to add insult to injury she said we ow $147 despite we never got the water or would!! Spent hour waiting for supervisor finally hung up. so i guess they can charge Cosco customers and not deliver water and expect to be paid. unethical unreal. Called Cosco customer service today and have complaint filed. Lady told me others have similar complaints They must This water company is nuts. Now they are set to pick up bottles and cooler Oct 19 Time will tell!

19. 30 2ndtimearoundcomputers // 2015.09.16 at 5:08 pm

I’ll have to check if this is available in my area ( Bellingham, WA ) great deal if it is, thanks for the info.

20. 31 J. Dunscomb // 2015.09.06 at 1:15 pm

We have cancelled our service for now since we got a new refrigerator with filtered water, but I did want to comment on my history with Costco/Sparkletts water. Although we did have issues with having too many bottles delivered (which was the downside), and I did occasionally have the need to call customer service, they were always very helpful and willing to correct my invoices as necessary. It was recommended to me that I put a note out there on my delivery days advising them how many bottles I wanted that week, as it seemed that my “3-bottles per month” plan wasn’t really specifically adhered to by the delivery man. They would replace as many bottles as was sitting on my doorstep – no more, no less. Once I started putting a note on my doorstep, I received what I wanted (and paid for the extras I requested). This would seem to be extra effort after signing up for a specific plan, but it worked for us. Our delivery man was also very helpful and professional, and he would knock on the door if I forgot to place any bottles and/or note on the doorstep. I was happy with the service.

• 32 Kathy // 2015.09.08 at 12:51 pm

Can I ask how you ever got through to them? I’ be been trying since the end of August to reach them and no one answers. Number calling in 1-800-432-4823. Thank. You

• 33 Kimberly // 2015.09.09 at 4:01 am

Kathy,

Their phone number is 1-888-432-4823. It’s not 1-800. You should be able to reach them now. Good luck.

(someone accidentally sent this to me as a response to their email thread, so I’m just posting it for them)

21. 34 Farrah // 2015.09.06 at 12:30 pm

ssues with the billing and delivery of the water. I spoke to a customer service supervisor with Sparkletts today and after her being rude and unhelpful, she put me on hold and then hung up with me. I was new customer and icancle my order i go with differnt company and they are very good

22. 35 Louanne Tillman // 2015.09.04 at 9:43 pm

We love the Sparkletts water, but we are always having issues with the billing and delivery of the water. I spoke to a customer service supervisor with Sparkletts today and after her being rude and unhelpful, she put me on hold and then hung up with me. I called back and the recording said they were closed. Instead of telling me that they were closing, she chose to just hang up with me. I will be calling back tomorrow, but I sure am disappointed at saddened at the way I was treated. The other problem is our delivery driver is always delivering too many bottles of water. If we put out 3 empties, he leaves 3 new bottles. One time we put out 6 empties and he left 6 new ones. We are only supposed to get 3 bottles per month. We put our service on hold this summer because we were on vacation. Our bill didn’t reflect the hold and it looked like we just didn’t make a payment. So, the supervisor said they kicked us off of the Costco plan because we didn’t make a payment. What a mess. I’d love to keep drinking the Sparkletts water because it tastes so good, but I’m not sure I can handle the rude customer service representatives and the incorrect deliveries.

23. 36 Kim // 2015.08.19 at 8:28 pm

Our sparkletts service in Ventura County is exceptional. We have had NO issues. The night before our delivery, we receive a reminder call to leave the empty bottles outside. The delivery man is incredibly helpful and professional. Note: I was looking for the phone number to increase the number of bottles and saw the negative comments. This is why I decided to take the time and provide my experience. Hope this helps! And I love the taste of this water!!