Guest Post: Have You Tried the Tuscan Hills Cabinetry from Costco?

January 11th, 2013 · 70 Comments

Tuscan Hills Cabinetry through Costco

I know that all of the previous cabinetry talk on here has been about the All Wood Cabinets, but Costco has a new line now: Tuscan Hills Cabinetry.  One of my readers is hoping that someone has tried them out and can give her an opinion on the quality of the cabinets, the ease of dealing with the company, if they were damaged on delivery, etc.

If you haven’t seen anything about the new cabinet line from Costco, you can find it all online.  The Tuscan Hills kitchen and bath cabinetry is made in the USA and offers lots of nice features for Costco members, as well as a digital measurement service where they take the measurements from digital photos that you upload (they have specific guidelines for the photos).  How cool is that?  Certainly it is easier to take some photos than it would be to do all the measurements and take all of the responsibility on yourself for the accuracy of those measurements.

Along with reducing the stress by letting them take the measurements, the Tuscan Hills Cabinetry has these other great features:

• All plywood box construction
  • Full-extension, soft-close drawer guides
  • Hardwood dovetail drawers
  • Soft-close doors
  • Hundreds of door styles and finishes available at Costco Member pricing
  • Shipping and handling always included

So, if you’ve tried these or are in the process of ordering Tuscan Hills Cabinetry through Costco, it would be great if you could share your thoughts.  Thanks!

Tags: costco.com · Decorating · Household Items Share

1. 1 Karen // 2017.05.10 at 12:54 pm

We had a great experience with Tuscan Hills and are vary happy with the quality of their cabinets and Donna our designer was fabulus to work with and very patient as I kept changing things. LOVE my new kitchen!

2. 2 Cheryl // 2016.06.07 at 10:34 am

YES!! Tuscan Hills is awesome. We have kitchen cabinets that are 3 years old and holding up so well. So well, in fact, that we went back this year for bathroom cabinets for 2 bathrooms. They are super to work with and we wish we could know all the people who have helped us in person so we could do something special for them. We are so thankful for the special service and wonderful cabinets.

3. 3 Bruce // 2016.05.06 at 10:45 am

We looked at multiple cabinet shops for a new kitchen design that included full custom cabinet shops down to local cabinet design companies.
    The Tuscan Hills design team worked with my wife for about 2 weeks perfecting our kitchen design. When the design was close to complete we added some custom features that Tuscan Hills built for us. When we saw the final design that had the custom features we were ready to place an order that day. When the cabinets arrived they were exactly the quality and look that we were expecting.

Other comparable companies that we looked at were 60% of more higher than Tuscan Hills. Every day when we look at our kitchen we are glad that we Tuscan Hills as they helped us create this dream kitchen.

4. 4 Bryant McLaughlin // 2016.04.28 at 2:19 pm

So I priced out Allwood thru Costco $15,000, but ended up going with Tuscan Hills for fancy cabinet (inset) for $30,000. My local cabinetry guy want $55,000. Tuscan Hills was very professional, I worked with Reyna.

• 5 Alla // 2016.08.17 at 12:18 pm

I am about to make a big purchase from Tuscan Hill. Now that some time has passed, how are the cabinets?

Thanks.

• 6 Bruce // 2016.08.17 at 2:15 pm

Worked for a cabinet company and I was impressed with these cabinets that we just ordered more. They are well constructed and the finish is perfect.

• 7 Mominator // 2016.08.17 at 4:57 pm

3 years later and still fantastic!! We love them…still…!! Planning to do 2 bathrooms and laundry room with Tuscan Hills in the future.

5. 8 Dennis Elking // 2016.02.27 at 12:06 am

We had an excellent experience working with Enrique Casanovas, a designer at Tuscan Hills Cabinetry. He made numerous suggestions over a 5 week period to help us select colors, cabinets and interior features. We purchased 56 ft of cabinets from them using Enrique’s design and it worked out perfectly. Our contractor thought very highly of the quality of the cabinets and their 3/4 inch construction. He also noted the precision of the design and how well the cabinets fit together. The cabinets were ordered in late August 2015 and arrived in mid-November 2015 as planned. There were approximately 40 cabinets and a variety of other supplemental items. Tuscan Hills was very professional, and even though this was an online purchase I was surprised how smooth everything went. There was a little minor cabinet problem during the delivery, but our contractor used his carpentry skills to work through it. Everything came together and was completely installed by mid-February. (It took longer because everyone stopped for the holidays including us.) Thanks Enrique and Tuscan Hills for a Job Well Done!! Thank you Costco for the 31% discount!!

6. 9 Emily // 2016.02.25 at 12:43 pm

I had a great experience with Tuscan Hills. Their prices and quality were unbeatable. They met every change I requested and had great ideas. I would use them again in a heartbeat!

7. 10 Bri // 2015.12.04 at 2:37 pm

Interested in ordering from Tuscan Hills Cabinetry. I met with someone who worked there a while back and was very nice and helpful, but can’t remember his name. He had glasses and long curly hair, can’t remember if his name was Brian or Brandon. I had seen a lot of good reviews with Brandon so definitely want to get in touch with him or whoever I had spoken with from a while ago.

8. 11 Nia // 2015.10.24 at 2:41 pm

We’re pricing Starmark cabinets and came across this forum stating that Tuscan Hills is the Costco version of Starmark.
    We got a good price from a local cabinet company for Starmark but have no idea if Tuscan Hills is comparable.
    Luckily we are Costco members and haven’t ordered yet so we have time to compare. We’re at $316 per linear ft with Starmark.

• 12 Nia // 2015.10.27 at 4:41 pm

Got the Costco quote which is $426 per linear ft, significantly higher than the local Starmark vendor who ias at $316 per linear ft.

• 13 Cecilia Bruck // 2016.05.31 at 10:39 am

Hi Nia,

How did you get a quote from Tuscan Hill’s in the few days between posts?

9. 14 Ron // 2015.10.05 at 11:55 pm

Thank you for your help with our kitchen design.
    We LOVE it. The entire processes with Tuscan Hills went very smooth.
    The cabinet delivery was awesome, the guys were very nice and neatly arranged the boxes in the garage in order for us,
    the packaging was brilliant!, very easy to open the boxes and no damage at all.
    We installed the cabinets in two days,( it was fun and they came out perfect.
    Thanks again.
    here is a short you tube video.

• 15 Brandi // 2016.06.07 at 9:16 am

I aptrceiape you taking to time to contribute That’s very helpful.

10. 16 Susan // 2015.09.20 at 6:41 pm

I am so happy with our purchase from Tuscan Hills (I wish I could also post a picture). We also worked with Donna….she helped us design a beautiful kitchen that works so well for me….I am a gadget person and now have drawers and slide outs for all of my mini appliances! I had also attempted to price out a kitchen from a big box store, but the sales associate fumbled through the design process and didn’t see to understand some of my requests, so I didn’t go back. Thankfully! I would recommend Tuscan Hills to anyone! I was able to get inset door cabinetry since it was the special of the month….I now have a mission style kitchen that I could have only dreamed of before! Thanks to Donna and Tuscan Hills!!

• 17 bea // 2016.03.11 at 2:16 pm

Dear Susan,

I’m a Costco member in Chicago looking for mission style inset cabinetry. Could you send me a photo of your new kitchen including the style name you picked? Thank you!

11. 18 Kim Greene // 2015.09.06 at 3:20 pm

Judy,

I purchased my cabinets from Tuscan Hills through Costco. AMAZING quality, construction and service!!! We paid a kitchen architect prior to our engagement with Tuscan Hills. Donna’s additional suggestions were on point. Love my kitchen in Montauk, NY!! far exceeded my expectations…total wow factor! Just wish I could post pictures!

• 19 Judy // 2015.09.08 at 9:39 pm

Hi Kim,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts regarding the cabinets. Can’t wait to see our cabinets and hopefully they will turn out to be just as amazing as your cabinets!

• 20 Astrid O'Loughlin // 2015.10.18 at 12:42 am

Maybe you can leave some pictures on Houzz.

• 21 donna bandar // 2017.06.01 at 2:50 pm

would you mind telling me the style , color, LF and cost of your cabinets. I went to a few places and came up with about 25,-33,000 for cabinets, curious to see what savings is

thanks

12. 22 Judy // 2015.09.06 at 2:53 pm

Our experience working with Tuscan Hills was a very pleasant and positive one. At first we were hesitant with the idea of spending thousands of dollars in purchasing cabinets online. However, after getting quotes from several vendors in our area we thought we had nothing to lose by giving Tuscan Hills a try. We also thought since it is affiliated with Costco it should be a reputable company. We were very fortunate to have Donna as our designer. She was very professional and went above and beyond for us. We were working under a very tight deadline and she was able to get our order processed so that we were able to stay within our budget. She responded to our emails quickly and kept us updated throughout the process. She offered suggestions and comments that helped us to make our kitchen more functional