Easton Columbus, Ohio Costco Opens Friday (October 4, 2013)

October 4th, 2013 · 8 Comments

The newest Costco store will open today in Easton, near Columbus, Ohio.  This will be the second Costco in the area, but I’m sure it will still open to as much fanfare and excitement as the new store in Sioux Falls that opened yesterday.  This new Costco warehouse is part of the Easton Gateway development that is located between the Easton Town Center and I-270.  Specifically, you can find Costco at 3888 Stelzer Road.

The Easton Costco location will have all of the things that we all love about Costco – quality items at excellent prices – and will surely be a hit with local shoppers.  The warehouse will have Optical and Hearing Aid centers, as well as a full service Pharmacy department.  In addition, there will be a Tire Center and gas station.  Hopefully, a lot of the shoppers at this new location will have already gotten their memberships, but if you haven’t done that, you’ll be able to do so today, though you’ll have to wait in a rather long line is my guess.

I haven’t been able to find out a lot about the plans for Costco’s grand opening day, however, I’m guessing that they will be opening bright and early to welcome all of the new shoppers.  Have fun shopping and on the way out drop by the Food Court and pick up a delicious hot dog!

Tags: In the News · Locations Share

1. 1 Rick Vanover // 2013.10.23 at 9:28 am

Hey Mary – they’ll never open one in Groveport, Grove City has a shot however…

I have a background in supply chain execution, so I’m somewhat knowledgeable on site selection strategies. I see South options as Stringtown Rd. Maybe Hilliard/Dublin also.

2. 2 Mary // 2013.10.22 at 12:28 pm

I love Costco, my sister took me to one in California years ago when I visited her, but I’ve been driving all the way to Polaris from Groveport for years. I’m glad that they opened the new one at Easton, but I wish they would build one down in the Groveport/Obetz area. We raise German Shepherds & feed all our dogs with the Kirkland brand dog food. All our puppies start out on the kirkland puppy food. I never leave the store without having my car loaded with at least 10 bags of each plus other items for us. We bought our tv there & also had our eye glasses made there. I love the store & go at least twice a month. I would go more often if it was closer.

3. 3 Dan // 2013.10.20 at 9:07 pm

According to the local papers, Costco is looking to build in Appleton, WI with a 2014 date. At a new store that opened in Green Bay they are talking heavily about it. They are also selling Costco memberships in the area to guage interest.

4. 4 Rick Vanover // 2013.10.13 at 3:35 pm

I went to the new store, it’s nice, a bit different than the other one here in town. Threw me off a bit 😉

5. 5 Trixie // 2013.10.10 at 4:02 pm

We went on the first full day that they were open, and we were really impressed! They had Frye boots there, which I was thrilled about. There were so many samples being given out that we felt like we had eaten a full dinner! Also, the gas station is really nice…lots of pumps and all lit with LEDs.

The best part was that all of the employees seemed so darn proud of their new store!

6. 6 Megan // 2013.10.08 at 2:35 pm

I’m so glad they opened the Easton Costco! I had been driving to Polaris as of this spring, but let my membership lapse because it was just too far. Easton puts it much closer. The store is very nice – it seems backwards from the Polaris store in terms of set up, so I got a little lost – it might just be me though! ha!

I do have a question – when there’s a manufacturer’s instant rebate, for example, the Craisins taking $3 off – limit 1, does that mean limit one per trip or ever?

7. 7 Dave // 2013.10.07 at 5:16 pm

Is this the same store as this story a friend sent me today? http://www.whiotv.com/news/news/local/costco-store-coming-centerville/nbHY7/

• 8 Kimberly // 2013.10.08 at 4:47 am

@Dave – I just saw this article too. It is not the same as the Easton/Columbus location that just opened. This article refers to a new location that will be in Centerville, near Dayton, and probably not open for a while (summer or fall of 2014, I would guess) since they are in the first stages of planning.