For the sixth anniversary of AddictedToCostco.com I decided to hold a fun little contest all about my blog and give out three Costco Cash cards valued at $100.00 US (or equivalent). I tried to make it a little challenging but not so hard that no one would want to enter or be able to get the answers right. I think I must have struck the right balance because I had great level of participation. So thank you to everyone that took part. Sadly, not everyone could be a winner but I do hope to have more giveaways in 2014, so maybe if you didn’t win this time one of the other contests will prove lucky for you!
To refresh everyone’s memory, here are the six questions and their answers:
- What was the title of my very first post for this blog and what date was it published?
- My name is Kimberly & I’m addicted to Costco. Published on November 7, 2007.
- What was the title of the post where I announced my move to London and what was the picture of in the post?
- AddictedToCostco.com is Moving….and So Am I. Look kids: Big Ben, Parliament. Published on February 6, 2010.
- What is the best deal or buy that I have ever gotten at Costco and what date did I write about it?
- My Best Buy at Costco…Ever? Double Bookcases made from hardwood and cherry veneer for $199.99. Published on March 31, 2008.
- What tag have I used the most?
- “Coupons” 170 topics
- What was the name of the CNBC Costco documentary that I was in and when did it premiere in the US?
- The Costco Craze. Thursday, April 26th at 9 pm ET/PT
- What is my favorite Kirkland Signature item? And what is yours?
- What’s Your Favorite Kirkland Signature Item?: Mine is the Kirkland Signature Men’s Dress Shirt. Published on February 24, 2010.
The winners of the “How Much Do You Know About AddictedToCostco.com?” contest and the $100 Costco Cash cards are:
- Debbie F., from Winnetka, CA
- Lisa C., from Sheboygan, WI
- Claudia, she hasn’t responded to my email yet but I’m hoping she will soon! If she has not responded by December 2, 2013, then I will pick an alternate winner.
The only question that really seemed hard for people to figure out was the question about the tagging. So, I figured I should explain. In the left-hand column of my blog there’s a section called “Tags”, in between “Recent Comments” and “Categories”. Tags are words that I use to further detail or describe the content of an actual blog post, in a more specific way than the categories. Though, when I first started my blog I kind of intermingled how I used categories and tags, so it is not the perfect demarkation that I would like at this point. But it is not too likely that I am going to go back through all of my posts and clean this up, so I’m just going with it now. In any case, the tags are shown in a “Tag Cloud” which is a visual representation of all of the tags used and how frequently they are used. In my case, the frequency is demonstrated through the relative size of the word (some people use colours or different fonts or anything that can be used to separate items visually). For instance, “Coupons” is much larger than any of the other tags shown in the tag cloud on my blog. ”Coupons” has currently been used as a tag 173 times (three additional times since I started this contest) and the next highest frequencies are “In the News” with 97, “Kirkland Signature” with 95 and “Snacks” with 94 tags. If you have a mouse, you can put it over the various tags and see how many times it has been used, if you don’t have a mouse because you are on a tablet or mobile, then you just have to go by how large the word is relative to the others in the tag cloud.
Thanks everyone for taking the time to participate!