Guest Post: Do you know anything about this sofa from Costco?

November 27th, 2013 · 8 Comments

Do you know anything about this sofa?

Do you know anything about this sofa?

[I'm hoping some of my readers can shed a little light on this sofa search.  While the question comes from a Costco Canada shopper, I would guess that this same sofa could have been found in Costco US locations too.  It looks really familiar to me, but it could just be that style.  Unfortunately, I don't have any useful information to add.  If you know anything about where Vanessa can find the matching love seat, your help would be greatly appreciated.]

Tag from bottom of sofa

Tag from bottom of sofa

I am on a hunt for the matching love seat for this sofa that my mom purchased several years ago at Costco. She gave me the sofa, and I really want to find its match to complete my living room :) I believe the price was around $500 – I wish I had more information! I thought it would be great to throw this out there to the community of Costco shoppers!

I’ve got a picture of the sofa and one of the tag from the bottom of the sofa as well.

I would be so grateful if someone is able to help me find this missing piece! I’m from Abbotsford, BC, Canada and have been a Costco member for over 10 years!

Thanks so much for your help! Let the hunt begin lol :)
Vanessa

Tags: Guest Posts · Household Items Share

1. 1 Jo // 2013.12.05 at 8:49 pm

Vanessa, I had a hunch that the “Customer Reference” number (737037) on the tag was Costco’s item number and looked this item up for you. The item is listed as DeCoro All Leather Sofa Addison Collection and had a sell price of $799.99. The UPC number in Costco’s system matches the UPC on the tag in your photo so I am pretty confident this is the correct item. It was deleted from Abbotsford on 9/29/07. It looks like Costco did carry the matching loveseat (item #737038) at $749.99 and that item was deleted on 1/27/07. Both items are listed as “MDL#2799″.

Here’s the bad news…in doing a quick internet search, I found that DeCoro USA went out of business in 2009:

“DeCoro, the leather upholstery producer that suddenly shut down its Chinese factories in January, has closed its U.S. sales and marketing office here as it winds down operations.”

Unfortunately, it appears that your only hope might be to find a match secondhand. Maybe keep your eyes on Craigslist?

Good luck!

• 2 Vanessa // 2013.12.06 at 10:11 am

Thanks for the info Jo! Impressive detective work.
      Shoot, that is disappointing though that the company is no longer around. I think you’re right, Craiglist might be my best bet at this point!

Thanks again!

2. 3 Danielle // 2013.11.30 at 11:23 pm

As far as I know Costco still carries the Simon Li sofa and love seat. It is only in warehouse and only twice a year. They carry furniture in January and July. We purchased the same sofa in July of 2012 and almost purchased the love seat in July of 2013. I would watch the Costco connection magazine and hope that they bring it back in January 2014.

• 4 Vanessa // 2013.12.01 at 1:32 am

Oh thanks, good tip! I didn’t realize the furniture only came out 2x a year – I will definitely be on the look out for it.

3. 5 Sophie // 2013.11.30 at 5:56 pm

Looks similar to the ones in p11 of this month’s uk offers. Although that’s probably not much help for Canada!

• 6 Vanessa // 2013.12.01 at 11:19 pm

Sweet, thanks! Hopefully one will show up in Canada too :)

4. 7 Sev // 2013.11.27 at 8:35 am

It is called the Simon li couch costco carried or carries it. We have the standard large version which costs 900$+. There is also a love seat version but I can’t remember how much it cost. It was expensive as well

Super super comfortae.

• 8 Vanessa // 2013.11.30 at 12:12 pm

Thanks! Have you seen it in Costco recently? I couldn’t find it on the Costco website…
      I looked on the Simon li website as well, no luck. I’m wondering if it’s even made anymore since it is an older model.