Through January 2, 2014 there’s a special offer from Costco Auto on GM vehicles that is available when you purchase your new car from a selection of 2013 and 2014 Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick and GMC models. Probably the best part of this deal is that you will receive the GM Supplier and Friends Pricing which is very good and much lower than you’re likely to ever get on your own, plus you can take advantage of all publicly available manufacturer rebates and incentives (which you can check for on the Costco Auto website). In addition, you will receive a $500 Costco Cash Card for completing the Costco Auto Program member satisfaction survey (I thought this was a standard benefit with any purchase through Costco Auto but is apparently just one for this deal). So, you’re probably wondering what cars qualify for this special GM deal, right? You can choose a new 2013 or 2014 vehicle from any of the following:
- Chevrolet: Silverado, Tahoe, Suburban, Traverse, Volt;
- Buick: Enclave;
- GMC: Sierra, Acadia, Yukon, Yukon XL;
- Cadillac: ATS, XTS, SRX or Escalade
If you’re interested in purchasing any of these vehicles before January 2, 2014, here’s how to take advantage of the special GM pricing and make sure that you get your $500 Costco Cash Card.
- Select an eligible, new 2013 or 2014 Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick or GMC model from the drop down at the bottom of the Costco Auto GM page.
- Click ‘Get Started’ to view vehicle details and register for the promotion.
- Once you complete the registration process, you will receive an Authorization Number and PIN, as well as the participating dealership’s contact information.
- Visit the participating dealership and provide the designated dealer contact with your Authorization Number and PIN during your purchase.
- Have the designated dealer contact show you the GM Supplier and Friends Price for the vehicle you’ve selected.
- Vehicles built prior to 10/1/13: The dealership will show you the GM Supplier and Friends price by entering the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) into the GM “VIN Look-Up” tool on their computer screen for the vehicle you selected
- Vehicles built after 10/1/13: GM Supplier and Friends Price is listed on the manufacturer’s document under the name “SUPPLR”
- Submit a redemption form after purchase.
- Once you take delivery of your vehicle and General Motors verifies your purchase, a Costco Auto Program representative will call you to complete a Costco Auto Program member satisfaction survey.
- After survey completion, you will receive your $500 Costco Cash Card in 8 weeks.
But don’t forget that this deal is only available for a couple of more weeks!
About Costco Auto
If you’re not familiar with it, the Costco Auto Program is a good way to get special deals and pricing on new vehicles, RVs, motorcycles, and boats for all Costco members. So, if you’re a Costco member and you’re looking to buy a new car or boat, you really should at least check out what kind of savings you can get by going through their auto program. You can also take advantage of the auto program even before you buy by using their website for researching the vehicle you want, including factory certified pre-owned vehicles, that you are interested in purchasing. After you have figured out the model that you want, you can locate the dealer nearest you that participates in the Costco Auto Program and set up an appointment to get more information, including the prearranged Costco price. And if you don’t think the price is right, you can always contact other dealers. Here are some of the benefits to the Costco Auto Program:
- A low, prearranged price for Costco members
- All available national manufacturer incentives
- An easy, hassle-free experience at more than 3,000 hand-selected dealerships nationwide
- Dealerships that understand our program and our processes, and feature specially trained and certified Authorized Contacts to assist Costco members