Are you having a big party to ring in the new year? Maybe you were planning on stocking your liquor cabinet and fridge with goodies from Costco? If so, you need to get over there sooner rather than later, like by Tuesday afternoon. Costco is closing early Tuesday, December 31, anywhere from 4 pm to 6 pm (depending on where you live) for New Year’s Eve and will be CLOSED on Wednesday, January 1, for New Year’s Day too. Of course, they are opening a half hour early too at 9 am instead of 9:30 am. However, if you’ve been putting off shopping for your New Year’s Eve party, you don’t have much longer to procrastinate. You need to get all of your last minute shopping done for your festivities or for a special New Year’s Day meal in the next couple of days. And don’t worry, Costco will be well stocked for all of the New Year’s party shoppers with lots and lots of champagne!
- New Year’s Eve: Tuesday, December 31, 2013:
- All US and Australia stores open 9 am to 6 pm
- All Canada stores open 9 am to 5 pm;
- All UK stores open 9 am to 5 pm; Coventry store open 9 am to 4 pm.
- All Japan stores open 8 am to 6 pm.
- New Year’s Day: Tuesday, January 1, 2013:
- All US, Canada, Australia, UK and Korea stores CLOSED.
- All Japan stores open 9 am to 6 pm.
- January 2, 2014:
- All Scottish stores CLOSED; all stores in England and Wales are open as normal.
- All Japan stores open 9 am to 8 pm.
That’s a complicated bunch of opening and closing times, but hopefully it is clear to everyone when the stores near them are operating over the holidays. I’m not sure what the holiday hours or closures are for Mexico or Taiwan because they aren’t listed on their websites.
Have a safe and happy New Year’s!