UPDATE: Contest CLOSED!
So, now that you’ve gotten all of those great gifts this holiday season, you really want to make sure that they are fully protected. What’s better for that than getting a great Link Home security system with full monitoring and even home automation? This is a great contest sponsored by the nice people at Link Home Security and I hope that everyone will enter and try their luck. Now, here’s a bit of information about our sponsor, Link Home Security.
Link Home Security, a premier, nationwide DIY security and home automation provider, was founded in 1952 and is still family owned over 60 years later. They continue to thrive today because their focus is on customers and providing them with cutting edge products and unparalleled customer service; the same focus that has made Costco so appealing to all of us. As a result of their customer-driven focus, they have a 5-star customer responsiveness rating with Alarm.com (the highest rating possible) and the Better Business Bureau has given them an A+ rating. Their goal is to provide a superior product at a lower price with unparalleled customer service and from reviews and information I have read, it certainly seems that they are meeting that goal.
Link Home Security offers three different systems through Costco with price points of $99.99, $199.99, and $399.99; and of course they offer special pricing to Costco members. All of the systems provide for monitoring at $29.99 per month, or $34.99 per month for the most advanced system. The systems are wireless and are easy to install yourself. Link Home Security says that the average time to install your system is two hours and 92% of their customers say that it was easy to install. But hey, if you get into trouble, they have customer service available to answer your questions via phone, live chat, or email from 7 am to 7 pm MST. And that is all in addition to their step-by-step illustration and video instructions. Not to mention, because of the wireless nature of the system, it is easy to take with you when you move.
All of the systems allow you to sign up to professional 24/7 immediate response security and fire monitoring. If your alarm is triggered the authorities will be notified even if you’re not home. If you’re not home, you’ll still know about the alarm though because the Link Home systems will send you an email or text message to alert you in the case of an alarm event. If you’re at home or have your system disarmed, the important Smoke/Heat/Freeze sensor included with the system still monitors your home for added peace of mind. The system monitoring is all done through a cellular network that means no one can “cut the phone line” to disable your alarm system. And each system comes with a battery backup component to allow for 8 to 24 hours of service in the event of a power loss; the difference in backup time depends on the system you purchase. If all of that wasn’t enough to entice you, maybe the savings of up to 20% on your homeowners insurance will be enough to sway you.
If you are interested in a security and home automation system with full monitoring, you should take a look at the Link Home Security page on Costco.com and see which of their products best suits your needs.
Now for all of the details about the contest and how you could win your own security and home automation system with 12 months of free monitoring.
Why do you want/need/deserve a security system with home automation?
How to win: Submit your response to firstname.lastname@example.org for the contest question “why do you want/need/deserve a security system with home automation?” A panel of three Link Home Security employees will select at random the winner from the “top picks” of entries. To win, the participant must submit the most CONVINCING entry to the panel that they want/need/deserve a security system with home automation.
- Responses can be written or submitted in a video format.
- Written responses must be 200 words or less.
- Video responses must be 2 minutes or less, in the case of a video response please submit a link to your video hosted on YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo or the video hosting service of your choice.
- All responses must include your full name and a valid email address that will be used to contact you if you are selected as the winner.
- The winner will be announced on the Link Home Security Facebook page, as well as on AddictedToCostco.com, within 1 week of the contest closing date with consent from the winner.
- An individual may only enter the contest once, either with a written response or a video response.
- All responses must be received before the contest closes at 11:59:59 p.m. Mountain Standard Time Monday, January 20, 2014.
Tuesday, January 15, 2014.
Prize: The prize will consist of the Link Home Security Premium Plus Video, Energy and Security Package and 12 months of free central station monitoring and Alarm.com services. Approximate retail value is $820. For full details of package contents and monitoring details see: http://www.costco.com/.product.100040749.html?&EMID=jobid
The system that one lucky, and persuasive, reader will win is the super fancy version that comes with the monitoring, but also allows for home automation! Honestly, this thing is so cool that I am totally jealous that I can’t get one too. The system that Link Home Security is giving the lucky winner is the Link Home Security Premium Plus Video, Energy and Security Package, plus 12 months of free central station monitoring and Alarm.com services. The whole package is worth a whopping $820.00 (approximate retail value) and will provide you with a safeer, more secure home too, which you really can’t put a price on. Here’s what comes in the package:
- 1, Link Home Security Go!Control Cellular Panel
- 5, Wireless Door/Window Sensors
- 2, Wireless Motion Sensor
- 1, Wireless Smoke/Heat/Freeze Sensor
- 2, Z-Wave Light/Appliance Modules
- 1, Z-Wave Thermostat
- 1, HD100 Indoor Camera with Night Vision
And here are just some of the highlights of the system and how it operates or functions:
- Advanced Interactive-
- Secure wireless signalling
- Real-time text and email alerts
- Remote system control
- User-friendly mobile apps
- Sensor activity notifications
- Enhanced false alarm detection
- Tamper alerts for panel and sensors
- Weather to the Panel-
- Current weather conditions displayed
- Severe weather alerts
- Central Station Monitoring-
- 5-Diamond rated by the CSAA
- UL Listed
- Redundant-no outages
- 24/7 security monitoring (when armed)
- 24/7 fire monitoring (continuous)
- Certified central station dispatchers
- EMS response
- emPower Lights and Thermostats-
- Turn lights on/off remotely
- Automatic target temperature
- Adjust thermostat remotely
- Smart Schedule programmable
- Receive email or text of video in an alarm event
- Capture motion event-triggered video clips
- Check in remotely from almost anywhere over a secure internet connection or smart device
There is a lot of information about this system, and more features than I could easily list here. I have only touched on the highlights really. So, for all of the information on this very cool system, check it out at Costco.com. And hey, if you don’t win the contest you can still buy your own security and home automation system and get 2 free months of monitoring (all contest entrants will receive two free months of monitoring when signing up within 60 days of the contest end date of 11:59:59 p.m. Mountain Standard Time Monday, January 20, 2014
Tuesday, January 15, 2014).
If you are the lucky winner you will also be required to submit a guest blog post on AddictedtoCostco.com describing your experience with ordering, and installing the new system within one month of being notified. Failing to do so may result in a temporary suspension of service.
All entrants will receive 2 months of free monitoring if they sign up within 60 days of the contest end date which is 11:59:59 p.m. Mountain Standard Time Monday, January 20, 2014
Tuesday, January 15, 2014. The two free months will be issued through a voucher code that will be emailed to all entrants after the close of the contest.
- Giveaway open to US Residents Only unless otherwise noted. Must be 18 years old or older. Employees of Fire Protection Services Corporation and their immediate families are NOT eligible to participate in this contest.
- The use of multiple email addresses or other ways to enter the contest will result in disqualification.
Good luck everyone! And make sure you get your entries submitted before the contest closes at 11:59:59 p.m. Mountain Standard Time Monday, January 20, 2014
Tuesday, January 15, 2014.