Guest Post: Who knows this mystery recliner?

January 14th, 2014 · 12 Comments

[I got an email today from someone looking for the knowledge of fellow Costco addicts.  Everyone here is so good at figuring out these mystery furniture pieces that I am hopeful that someone here will have either bought this same recliner or will have more details.]

Hi, my name is Lori. I have a question I hope someone can answer.

Last year in July (2013) my husband and I saw a recliner that was on the floor for less than 10 days….when we went back for it ,it was gone. I have tried to find a past picture of it on the web through…Costcocouple.com, Costcoconnection.com etc.  I have found every other piece of furniture from memory…EXCEPT FOR THAT ONE.

It was $399.00, dark brown leather (more cowhide…not smooth with a sheen). It had a chaise foot rest and beautiful contracting stitching!

I was hopeful it would come back in Jan 2014, but no such luck.  I’m not sure of the make or name, and no one I’ve spoken to at Costco is familiar with what recliner I speak of. I know it existed, I have family witnesses.

This particular model was the first recliner to sell out and I can see why.  It WAS unique and sooo comfortable.

Can anyone help me ? Thank you.

My store that I am addicted to is in Lake In The Hills, Illinois.

Tags: Furniture · Guest Posts Share

1. 1 JO ANN RICHARDS // 2015.02.01 at 6:03 pm

There was a black recliner at Costco with drink holders and s small tray like theater recliner. It was 499.00. Does anyone know the brand name of it? It also had compartment drawers for the remotes etc. Thsnks

• 2 Sally // 2015.12.10 at 4:13 pm

I bought a recliner at Costco yesterday that sounds like the one you describe…It’s made by “Pulaski” is black leather has 2 drink holders and a small tray to hold food, laptop, etc. Normal price was 499.00 but as of now. it is on sale for 399.00 It also has a usb port inside …possibly also used to store remotes.

• 3 Sally // 2015.12.10 at 4:15 pm

I bought a recliner at Costco yesterday that sounds like the one you describe…It’s made by “Pulaski” is black leather has 2 drink holders and a small tray to hold food, laptop, etc. Normal price was 499.00 but as of now, it is on sale for 399.00 It also has a usb port inside …possibly also used to store remotes.

2. 4 Chris R // 2014.01.19 at 11:13 am

I think you’re talking about the one I’m sitting in right now. I stalked it for months at the store, it’s nowhere online. Finally picked it up yesterday.
    Easton Rocker Recliner

[IMG]http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac29/cwrichard88/cd52d63c1cc23119a08bfd8986230f2e_zps2c74ed4b.jpg[/IMG]

• 5 Chris R // 2014.01.19 at 11:14 am

Oh, and it was and always has been $399

3. 6 Angie // 2014.01.18 at 10:26 am

Is this it? Bassett John Elway recliner $499.00 brown leather. With contrast stitching. Have seen it at Bassett for $999.00

4. 7 Copeland // 2014.01.15 at 4:45 pm

I have the Caroline recliner (as pictured in the link above) and love it! It looks smaller, and I’m not a small guy, but it fits me perfectly and takes up less room. I think I bought it for $399 , and I do believe it was originally $499. I will say this, like a lot of things at CostCo, if you want it, it’s better to go ahead and buy it and take it back later if you decide you don’t want it. Every time I see a recliner at CostCo, it’s there for a limited time. I saw one previously and it was even more suited for me, but I waited too long and it was gone in about ten days. I kicked myself for that one. So when this one dropped in price, I grabbed it, as I figured that meant stock was getting low and they wanted to move the rest out. If in doubt, buy it and return it!

5. 8 Claye // 2014.01.15 at 2:04 pm

I found a photo online of the CAROLINE recliner.

• 9 Kimberly // 2014.01.15 at 2:06 pm

@Claye – That isn’t the recliner she was looking for because it doesn’t have the contrast stitching.

6. 10 Claye // 2014.01.15 at 1:40 pm

I think the recliner you are looking for is the CAROLINE by Synergy. Item # 56187
    I have a photo of the chair, the box, and the placard, if you wish to see it send me your email. I liked it and also missed getting it during its short time on the floor.
    However, there is another Synergy chair there now (Virginia, January 2014) that is very similar for the same price. The arms are slightly different. I haven’t purchased it yet. I am hoping the Caroline returns…

7. 11 Lee // 2014.01.15 at 2:00 am

They used to carry this one: http://www.amazon.com/Lane-Andre-Leather-Reclining-Ottoman/dp/B0030DJ6FO I bought one about 3 or 4 years ago from costco for about $400. Very happy with it.

I saw a similar model, with a different manufacturer recently though. I don’t recall who off hand.

8. 12 Norma // 2014.01.14 at 10:39 pm

Could it be the Dolcetto leather recliner? http://www.costco.com/Dolcetto-Leather-Recliner.product.100069988.html