American Express & Costco TrueEarnings Annual Reward Coming Soon

February 6th, 2014 · 8 Comments

If you’ve got the American Express and Costco TrueEarnings credit card, you’ll be happy to hear that your annual reward coupon will be arriving soon.  The rewards coupon accounts for the rewards that you earn by using your American Express card over the last year.  The American Express reward coupon will be on the last page of your February statement and must be used by the end of August.  So, be on the look out and don’t accidentally throw it away or overlook it or you’ll miss out on your reward.  Here’s more information from American Express that I received in an email:

American Express & Costco TrueEarnings Credit Card

American Express & Costco TrueEarnings Credit Card

Your annual reward coupon for your TrueEarnings® Card from Costco and American Express is coming soon. Look for it on the last page of your February billing statement.

You can redeem your reward coupon for merchandise or cash at any U.S. Costco warehouse. Use it to save on everyday items like groceries, or a special purchase for your home and family. You must redeem your reward coupon before it expires on August 31, 2014.
Learn more about your TrueEarnings Card and annual reward coupon at mytrueearnings.com/answers/

Oh yes, and if you are like us and receive your statements from American Express online, you might be curious about how your reward coupon will show up.  And here’s that answer:

If you receive your billing statements online, we will send you a paper billing statement for February with your reward coupon attached to the last page. To redeem your reward you must present the coupon from the last page of your paper billing statement in person at a U.S. Costco Warehouse, including Puerto Rico, prior to its expiration date of August 31st in the year in which it is issued. You or an Additional Card Member can redeem your coupon. You may not transfer it to anyone else. Please do not print out the coupon from your online statement, because the coupon from your online statement has the word “VOID” printed across the coupon and is not valid for redemption.

If you don’t have a TrueEarnings card, but would like more information about it, you can find all of that on the American Express TrueEarnings website.  It’s got a clear breakdown of the rewards you can earn for your everyday shopping, as well as your Costco purchases.

Please note, this is NOT the same as the 2% reward for Costco Executive members, that comes from Costco directly, not American Express, and is sent out with your Costco membership renewal reminder which comes about a month or so before your membership will expire.

This information is for the American Express and Costco US TrueEarnings card; I’m unsure of when the reward coupons for other countries would be mailed out.

Tags: General · In the News · services Share

1. 1 zoila fuentes // 2016.03.06 at 2:29 pm

I am aware COSCO no longer work with this AMEX card since march 2016, they stayed the end time will be August 2016, are you are going to provide us Regard earning during this 6 months?

COSCO did not keep updated regarding this matter. Since I have other credit card that offer REWARD I would like to use If EMEX stopped the program after February 2016.
    please let me know .

2. 2 Rick Vanover // 2014.03.01 at 10:52 pm

Yes, a few additional notes – it is on the last page of your statement, and for many situations in the US, if your purchase doesn’t exceed the value of the voucher, you can get cash back.

• 3 Kimberly // 2014.03.03 at 6:02 am

They will always give you cash back if your rebate is for more than your purchase.

3. 4 rsnation1970 // 2014.02.24 at 5:14 am

Better deal to get the fidelity investment rewards card that offers 2% back everywhere. If you use it at Costco, it’s like getting 4% back.

4. 5 Kevin // 2014.02.07 at 6:42 pm

I happened to be on a conf call with corp a few months ago and unlike what was stated in letter above, costco will never deny a reward check regardless if they dont use it by august, we will just eat the loss… so i wanted to clarify that for the readers of this story, really since management at each warehouse is different some might go along with corporate and some may not get the memo down to the sup level, but since i was in the meeting on conf call for membership i thought id pass this along !

• 6 Michele C // 2016.02.18 at 10:55 am

Keith, I am interested in your comments. I have been a long time CostCo Amex holder, and I am embarrassed to say that this is the very first year that I realized the rebate check was attached to my February statement. I feel very dumb, but to be honest, I usually trash the last pages of the statement and the check looks bogus. I feel like they do that on purpose. I can’t be the only one that has done this……

So reading your comments gives me hope that if I can get copies of the rewards coupons, I can take them to my local Costco and they might honor them? Thank You.

• 7 Michele C // 2016.02.18 at 10:55 am

Kevin, I am interested in your comments. I have been a long time CostCo Amex holder, and I am embarrassed to say that this is the very first year that I realized the rebate check was attached to my February statement. I feel very dumb, but to be honest, I usually trash the last pages of the statement and the check looks bogus. I feel like they do that on purpose. I can’t be the only one that has done this……

• 8 Ugonma // 2016.05.18 at 10:18 am

I too am ashamed to say that it wasn’t until yesterday that I realized that we have never claimed any reward coupons since we became Costco Amex members in 2013. I’m hoping that if I find the 2014 and 2015 coupons, my Costco will honor them. We are on time for 2015.