Scam Alert: Costco Shopper Rewards Expiring Soon

April 22nd, 2014 · 6 Comments

Avoid this email scam about Costco Rewards

Avoid this email scam about Costco Rewards

In the last couple of days, I have received probably more than 10 scam emails about my “Costco Shopper Rewards”.  I wanted to make everyone who reads my blog aware of this because it is a total scam and not in any way real, and clearly, you do not want to click on anything in the email.  I don’t know what happens if you click on the links because there was no way I was trying that, and I hope no one else is trying the links either.  So, if you see something in your Inbox that sounds like what I describe in the rest of this post, just send it right to your junk folder and trash it.

The scam email comes with the subject line  “Your Costco shopper rewards are expiring soon” and the sender is “Costco Code” .  Inside the email looks like the image to the left with various links and an image that does contain the Costco logo (or at least a super close knock off), but this is definitely not from Costco or anyone affiliated with them either.  Every time I have received the email the actual sending email address is different and the domain names they are sending from are registered all around the world, though probably half of them were registered in the Czech Republic.  In any case, they are using all different email address and domain names.

The body of the email says you can get these instant cash rewards at your local Costco or online.  All you have to do is print our your rewards certificate.  The “rewards certificate” is located at some junk URL that no one should actually click on.  Funny thing is that the image for the body of the email that shows the Costco logo is actually entitled “Walmart”.  LOL  Which if you weren’t sure about the scamminess of this email before, that should certainly convince you, huh?  They use the inducement of these alleged rewards expiring soon and letting you know that they are only available for a short time so that you’ll click away without even thinking about it.  What you don’t see actually show up in the email but is there if you look at the source behind it, is this long rambling piece of a story or something.  I didn’t really take the time to read it.  But it is there, in the background, for who knows what reason.  Then below the big chunk of text that you can’t see, there are a couple of links to unsubscribe.  And clearly, you don’t want to click on those links either because in reality they are the same URL as the link for the printable reward certificate.  And then there’s some more junk text at the bottom of the email that you can’t see if you just view it normally.

This email isn’t real and isn’t something you want to click on or even open.  Costco doesn’t do a rewards program like this and wouldn’t be using email addresses from the Czech Republic if they were.  So, just trash it if something like this shows up in your Inbox.

Tags: General · In the News Share

1. 1 Mary // 2017.05.22 at 5:27 am

I get “rewards” and “voucher” scam emails from Costco, Walgreens, Walmart, Kohl’s, and many many more! Every day there are 1 or 2 of them from somewhere. I never even opened any of the email because it’s ridiculous. WHY would I get vouchers and rewards for doing NOTHING? This is so stupid and there’s no way to stop it. Even if it goes in spam I still have to look at my spam folder because sometime legitimate mail ends up there, so it’s a nuisance.

2. 2 tom quirt // 2017.01.24 at 12:09 pm

I just got one titled:
    Your Costco Membership Points have reached $100-Same As Cash. Convert them before 1/25/2017 for up to 200% value! Cust 13289160 – For Store 9932D Thank you.

3. 3 François labelle // 2016.02.25 at 9:03 am

got Costco reward certificate, than a “freelotto ” game I was asked to complete to win 11 millions…scam from NY from memeber266166 @doente.worplacestructure.com

4. 4 Eddie // 2015.07.29 at 2:55 pm

They just started again in 2015. I received several in July 2015.

5. 5 Laura // 2014.08.15 at 1:26 pm

I got the same….at least 6 in the last 3 days. Costco doesn’t have my email so i know for a fact this is a scam.

6. 6 Sean // 2014.05.12 at 8:57 am

I got the same type of email from “CashFrom_Costco [ash@langgulf.com]” and the title is “Alert – Your Costco rewards are about to expire”. there actually no image at all. below are the email (I have removed the links). I believe it is 100% scam, hope anyone received the same type of email never click on any links from the email.

For: sean
    Your Costco Rewards are ready to be claimed
    Use at any Costco.
    Get Here:
    http://some junk links

I am not interested in Costco rewards:http://some junk links
    Or write: PO Box 991 – Ashburn, VA 20146
    Please remove me: http://some junk links
    Or write to:
    1421.2nd Street(Northeast Gainesville Florida-32609-3763)

Table 2.14 Felix de Amesti family health centre number of people with mental disorders receiving active treatment on December 302003Alcohol and drug problems Victims of domestic violence Attentiondeficithyperactivity disorder Depressive episode Anxiety disorders Personality disorders Other disorders tOtAL 0 104 12 361 116 0 20 613200439 87 81 384 277 62 130 10602005115 183 69 721 130 53 77 134820060 137 30 757 326 234 50 1534The number of new cases of mental disorders detected and treated also increased significantly 1.8fold between 2003 and 2006 see Table 2.15, demonstrating that the increased number of people receiving treatment was not only due to the accumulation of chronic cases.Table 2.15 Felix de Amesti family health centre number of new cases receiving treatment every year2003Alcohol and drug problems Victims of domestic violence Attentiondeficithyperactivity disorder Depressive episode Anxiety disorders Personality disorders Other disorders tOtAL 0 244 32 648 364 0 24 1312200439 106 80 878 246 84 129 1562200575 209 102 1192 354 143 95 217020060 205 145 997 577 275 184 2383106Integrating mental health into primary care A global perspectiveThe number of mental health interventions at the Felix de Amesti FHC also increased between 2003 and 2006 see Table 2.16. This was due mainly to the increased number of individual sessions conducted by psychologists 5.2fold. The proportion of cases referred to specialist care was low during this period, with an average of 9.5.Table 2.16 Felix de Amesti family health centre number of mental health sessions in one year by different professionalsProfessionalGeneral physician Psychologist individual sessions Psychologist group sessions Other professionals tOtAL 230 3273 217 554820031663 138020041736 359520051951 4239 201 461 685220061926 7244 227 192 9589
    Joe Carcello has a great job. The 59-year-old has an annual salary of $52,700, gets five weeks of vacation a year, and is looking forward to retiring on the sizable nest egg in his 401(k), which his employer augments with matching funds. After 26 years at his company, he’s not worried about layoffs. Christine N. Manhattan, NY s Share Compliment Send message Christine N. I thought this place was going to be all about ambience, but the food is actually really good. I actually docked off the star for being deafening loud so much that you end up asking the person you are with to repeat themselves over and over again and for it being so crowded and therefore rushed for dinner on a Thursday night. The vibe is very much alive inside hopping bar on second floor and you almost don’t feel like you are on the Lower East Side, actually. We were two girls and we ended up getting five tapas I think or all that I can recall, may have actually been six, and sharing. We were trying to figure out what type of food we were eating, but ended up settling on it all being an eclectic mix of fusion from all over the world. Usually with tapas places, dishes are hit and miss but we only had one miss which isn’t too bad despite it being both our first time here for dinner. In fact, it was the dish the waitress This wouldn’t be remarkable except that Carcello works in retail, one of the stingiest industries in America, with some of the most dissatisfied workers. On May 29, Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) employees in Miami, Boston, and the San Francisco Bay Area began a weeklong strike menu looks incredible from the S’Mores Creme Brulee to the Blueberry Olive Oil Cake to the Mocha Sundae with coffee ice cream, brownies and espresso meringue. Other menu highlights I can’t wait to try Noti Spiced Tuna Tartare Roll Rhode Island Style Lobster Roll Butternut Squash Ravioli with candied pecans and vanilla brown butter Spaghettini Carbonara braised pork belly, and a sunnyside up quail egg Wasabi Pea Crusted Salmon asian pesto & soba noodlebeet salad Mac & Cheese chorizo, roasted poblanos Was this Useful Funny Cool Costco Wholesale (COST), the second-largest retailer in the U.S. behind Walmart, is an anomaly in an age marked by turmoil and downsizing. up ordering warm donuts which was highly recommended by our host. It was accompanied by caramel, chocolate and raspberry sauce .It was good raspberry sauce was my least favorite but what blew me was the creme brulee. Yummy yummy yummy. It comes in three little cups, perfect for three of us. I am definitely coming back here .soon. I’ve been here many, many times over the years and