Do you have £600,000 burning a hole in your pocket? Are you just not sure where to spend it? Well, I’ve got an idea for you! How about you get a shiny new Panasonic 152″ Plasma TV? Because you can totally pick one up at Costco.co.uk and you’ll even end up with £0.11 in change. Now that is a deal!
You can get a Panasonic TH-152UX1W 152 Inch 4K2K Plasma Display for the whopping price of £599,999.89 through Costco.co.uk. When you buy something for £600,000, they no longer call it a television, but a display. Actually, it doesn’t have its own tuner, so that’s why it is just a display and not a full-fledged television. However, it is Full HD 3D so everything looks super real. Plus, it has something called “High-precision Motion Vector Prediction” that is supposed to tone done the double image problem that you can get with most 3D displays, so instead you see super crisp images. And of course, it is a HUGE display. This is truly like having a movie theatre in your own home, though maybe better because the floors will never be suspiciously sticky and your bathroom is probably much cleaner.
The real question is where do you put this? A 152″ display size is enormous though. As I’m sure everyone knows, the 152″ size is a diagonal measurement of the display size, but that still translates to dimensions of 3,416 x 1,801 mm (WxH) or 134.5 x 70.9 inches. If you can’t think of things that big in millimetres or inches, like I know I can’t, that translates to 11′ 2.34″ by 5′ 11.12″. It’s just over 11 foot wide, so you’re going to need a very big room to house your fancy new display.
It’s got all the bells and whistles you could want:
- 152″ Super Resolution 4K2K Panel: The first 4K2K self-illumination panel with ultrahigh-speed drive technologies provides 4x the amount of information of Full–HD 1080p to display remarkable 2160p images. Bright, highly detailed images are rendered in all their natural beauty, so you can experience the sweeping ambience of images filling the screen.
- Native Contrast of 5,000,000:1: Clearly distinguishes light areas from dark areas in the image. Even the tiniest stars in a night sky are strikingly rendered, in images with stunning detail. Textures are meticulously reproduced, right down to fine nuances in brightness and colour.
- High Performance 2D Imaging: The colour expression that is achieved by 8,192 equivalent steps of graduation, and the smoothness with which it renders intermediate colours, combine to create tonal nuances that have never before been possible.
- 1080p Moving Picture Resolution: Clearly shows detailed motion even in fast–action scenes, and lends greater beauty to the high–resolution images that are unique to full–HD displays.
- 3D 24p Smooth Film Enhances 3D Image Depth: The 3D 24p Smooth Film function is used to predict movements and create new frames between the original frames. This naturally reproduces smoother 2D images, and by creating new frames between the original frames for both left– and right– eye 3D images, it produces exceptional three–dimensional depth.
- Web Browser Control: Lets you operate displays by remote control and monitor their status through a LAN connection. You can also control the display from a web browser, making it even easier to use. The network function also uses the same protocol as Panasonic projectors, so other video devices can be combined to upgrade the system.
There are only a couple of downsides to your fancy new display. One is that it is custom made and could take up to five months to make its way to you. That is quite a while to wait for your expensive new purchase, but obviously this isn’t really like something you can pick up at your local electronics store. The other is that the display life is only 100,000 hours. Just kidding, that isn’t really that much of a downside because that is 4,167 days, or more than 11 years, of continuous watching. Of course, you are paying £6.00 roughly for each hour of viewing, so choose your films wisely.
For this price you also get a compulsory site survey, site installation report, specialist logistics, display mounting and installation by 4 men. You also get a five year annual maintenance site visit. And of course, you get the biggest plasma display in your neighbourhood. Unfortunately, you can’t just pop this in your cart at Costco.co.uk and checkout with your American Express Centurion card, instead you will need to email the Wow Items team at Costco UK. But, if you’re in the market for a really, really pricey plasma display, this should certainly fit the bill.