I was debating about mentioning this great LivingSocial deal or not on here because it is only for brand new Costco members, unfortunately. But then I thought about how often I give memberships to friends and family and figured it was definitely worth a mention, even when I know most everyone here already loves Costco. So now you can share your love of Costco and get lots of great savings deals for a new member too at LivingSocial.
If you’re not familiar with LivingSocial, it is a way to get great deals on a big variety of services, products, and even vacations. Here’s how they explain it on their website:
LivingSocial is the local marketplace to buy and share the best things to do in your city. With unique and diverse offerings each day, we inspire members to discover everything from weekend excursions to one-of-a kind events and experiences to exclusive gourmet dinners to family aquarium outings and more.
You can get some really great deals through them. I’ve been a member for a number of years now and have gotten some super deals on restaurants, classes, products, and hotel rooms. Since you can set up a LivingSocial account pretty easily, or you can just sign in with your Facebook credentials, it is quick to get started seeing their great deals for your area.
Right now they have a great deal on nationwide in the US for new Costco memberships. But as I mentioned, it is only for NEW members. If you’ve got a membership already, you’re out of luck, sadly. You can share the gift of membership and savings with three friends or family members that are still dragging their feet about joining though.
So, here’s the deal, you get a new Gold Star membership and a $20.00 Costco Cash Card for $55.00, along with coupons and free things worth another $70.00 in savings. Here are the key points for the deal:
- The Deal:
- $55 for a Gold Star Membership (find out more about a Gold Star membership at Costco.com)
- $20 Costco Cash Card
- Exclusive coupons good for three free Kirkland Signature products ($30.97 value)
- One apple pie
- One rotisserie chicken
- One 30-pack of two-ply bath tissue
- Plus, enjoy three months of free identity protection service brought to you by Identity Guard (a $40.47 value)
- $146.44 total value
- You pay just $55.00
- How It Works:
- Complete your purchase on
- Receive your voucher from LivingSocial and redeem it online
- You’ll get an email with a Costco Membership Activation Certificate to print out
- Bring the printed certificate to your local Costco to complete your Membership application
- Receive your Costco Cash Card at the time of signup (new members only); coupons will be mailed within 4 weeks of voucher redemption
- Complete your purchase on
This deal is only for the US and you have to redeem your membership by December 15, 2014 and you will need to use your free Kirkland Signature coupons by the end of March 2015. For your $55.00 you do get a lot, so I think this seems like a great deal. If there’s a new Costco opening near you and you’ve been thinking about getting a new membership, this seems like the perfect time to sign up! So, go check out this great Costco deal at LivingSocial but be quick about it because there are only a few days left (4 as of this posting).