Costco US Coupon Book: March 5 – 29, 2015

February 27th, 2015 · 9 Comments

I’m sure everyone has been wondering when the new Costco US coupon book starts since there was a bit of a gap between the previous one ending last Sunday.  It turns out that Costco took a week off, but the new Costco US coupon book will be starting on Thursday, March 5, and running through the last Sunday in March, the 29th.  In the coupon this month there’s a nice savings of $1,500.00 in warehouse savings.  This month just about everything in the book is an instant savings deal, you’ll only need the book or app to get $5.00 off transferring home movies to DVD and the photo repair service; so just the coupons for the Costco Photo Center.  There are some really good coupons this month, and certainly lots of coupons for cleaning supplies.

Costco US Coupon Book: March 5 - 29, 2015

Costco US Coupon Book: March 5 – 29, 2015

This month I have uploaded the new Costco US Coupon Book PDF (or view it in the Google PDF viewer) (this is a PDF of what they posted online), or you can view it at the warehouse coupons on the website.  If you weren’t aware, Costco has updated their coupon policy for “streamlined savings”.  Basically, that means that you won’t have to clip coupons (if you ever needed to for your location anyway) again, but instead you can just show the cashier the coupon book or the smartphone app to redeem any offers marked with a blue arrow (which will make more sense when you see the coupon book).  You can get the app for either iPhone or Android in their respective app stores.  The only coupons that you must have the app or coupon book to redeem are the ones with the blue arrow, but they are all pretty much instant savings deals lately.  For many, they didn’t have to clip coupons anyway, so this isn’t necessarily all that different.  The one big change is that Costco says that they will no longer have extra copies of the coupon book available at the warehouses.   If you didn’t get your book or never do, you should stop by Customer Service and make sure that they have all of your mailing information correct and that you have allowed them permission to send you things in the mail.  Or, just use the Costco smartphone app.  Lastly, you can also view them on the website.  Costco has recently started posting the coupons online and through the app before they actually start (like just a few days after the old ones expire), so that makes it easier and nicer for planning too.

This month, you can get a new set of four Bridgestone tires for $70.00 off.  You can also take advantage of this coupon online at  Costco is giving you a few additional days to use this coupon as well since it lasts until April 8, which is ten days longer than the rest of the coupon book.  This might be a good time to buy tires if you’re planning a road trip for Easter.

If you’re a new, or new-ish, mom or dad, you’ll probably be thrilled to see the coupons for Kirkland Signature Supreme Diapers.  You can save $4.00 off a box of KS Supreme Diapers in sizes 1 – 6.  The good news is that if you need the convenience of delivery to your door, you can get these on too.  The bad news is that there’s a limit of just two on this deal.

I will fess up to buying fish sticks but only the Trident Ultimate Fish Sticks (I can’t get them here so I haven’t had any for a few years).  The first time we bought them it was because they lured us in with a demo. And they were so crispy and delicious that we had to get them. The fish sticks are supposed to be better than the usual ones “offering more fish, better fish and less breading” according to Trident. They are certainly some of the best fish sticks I’ve ever had, in any case. They’re made with real, whole fillets of Alaskan Pollock and the breading is the perfect amount so that they cook up perfectly crispy, though we always had to cook them a few minutes longer than the package instructions to get them really crispy. They are good by themselves, but what we always used them for was making fish tacos with fresh tortillas, some lettuce, a bit of avocado, and some tzatziki sauce (all of which you can get at Costco).  I wrote a post about using them for fish tacos way back in April 2008, if you want to see how I used the Ultimate Fish Sticks to create quick and easy fish tacos.  I know that fish sticks are totally a kid food, usually, but the high quality of fish in these definitely turns them into more adult-friendly eating.

There’s also a coupon for $2.80 off a 20 count box of Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches.  I’m not really an ice cream person, and really don’t like the low fat stuff because it is sort of like eating flavored styrofoam to me.  However, these Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches are delicious!  I don’t know if it the cookie part that they use for the sandwich or if their ice cream is just that much better, but these are a delicious treat.  And without a bunch of calories, they’re a pretty guilt-free treat, at that.  The box at Costco comes with 10 vanilla and 10 cookies and cream sandwiches, both flavours have just 150 calories per sandwich.  I’m a purist, I guess, because I have always preferred the vanilla ones.  I don’t know how they manage to keep the calories down though, because these taste as good or better than regular ice cream sandwiches.

I think I’ve said this for a few months running now, but this is a great time to stock up on cleaning and paper supplies.  There are so many coupons for cleaning supplies, I’m not going to list them but if you’re in need you can probably find a deal on the supplies you’ve been wanting.  The one item I will point out, is the deal for $2.00 off the Vanity Fair Napkins.  They have two sizes, dinner (240 count) and everyday (660 count), but either size is great, though I think I lean towards the bigger dinner size.  The napkins are sturdy and won’t fall to pieces when faced with something really messy like burgers or BBQ ribs.  But really, there are coupons for every type of cleaning task, as well as storage bags and containers from Ziploc and Glad, trash bags, and paper towels and toilet paper.

There are so many good coupons this month that I’m going to have to stop myself or I’ll just keep going on and on.  I will just give you a bit of a warning, if this year is anything like the previous years (and they are very consistent), Costco US will not have another coupon book until after Easter.  So you can expect another couple of weeks at the end of March/beginning of April where there aren’t coupons.

Tags: Coupons Share

1. 1 Harry // 2015.04.01 at 9:51 am

Does anyone have the coupon booklet for April 2015.

• 2 Kimberly // 2015.04.01 at 9:58 am

It’s not out yet and I’m guesstimating that it will start on Thursday, April 9th because they always have a non-coupon period right at Easter.

• 3 Harry // 2015.04.01 at 4:49 pm

2. 4 Anon // 2015.02.28 at 8:09 am

Yes after Easter Sunday (Costco will be closed that day in the US), next book starts April 9th, just sayin’.

3. 5 LoriLori // 2015.02.28 at 5:57 am

Please clarify – I do not show the coupon book or ap – just give my membership card – and I thought that is all that is needed for the coupon. I need to check in the future but please clarify as no cashier has ever asked for the book or ap.

• 6 Dux // 2015.03.03 at 1:22 am

For about the last year all the coupons (minus photo, optical, tires) have been automatic. Before that one master coupon would scan all coupons and cashiers would just scan one but were supposed to collect all the coupons used by members (Proctor and Gamble got mad at certain locations for scanning the master coupon regardless of whether they were collected or not. But from the employees’ perspective it was about service and saving the members from going and getting a coupon and going through the refund line). It has changed a lot over the years, now the book is basically for the purpose of looking through it

4. 7 Talk Radio // 2015.02.27 at 9:22 pm

Since I can’t edit my previous comment, I’ll create a new one. Perhaps someone can enlighten me as to why Costco would go almost 10 days without a sale since their last book expired? Obviously, the stores won’t be as crowded with shoppers/members if there’s no added incentives. Could it be for employee training or inventory purposes?

In regard to the aforementioned Trident Fish Sticks, if these are indeed the same ingredients as the one that was on sale last year, it’s no comparison to what you will find in your local supermarkets. Whenever I check my local markets, the frozen goods are loaded with preservatives and other compounds that would confound a biochemist from MIT. I was really sad when I finished my bag last year, so this year I might buy 2! I’m not that big on prepared foods and I try to make sure cooked boneless/skinless chicken, ground turky, and fresh grilled salmon are the staples of my diet, but Costco’s frozen section is among the best and has some pretty clean stuff ingredients wise, if you read the packages.

That brings me to the Skinny Cow Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Sandwiches. While it’s great that they’re only 150 calories per serving with only 2g fat, the ingredients are what scares me off. I’ll stick with certain flavors of Breyer’s that are still natural or Turkey Hill’s All Natural line. They’re higher in fat content, but the ingredients are so much better.

These are the ingredients of the Skinny Cow. I put quotes around the ones I find offensive in an ice cream product.

In comparison, these are the ingredients of Turkey Hill All Natural Vanilla and Chocolate: INGREDIENTS: CREAM, NONFAT MILK, SUGAR, COCOA, VANILLA, VANILLA BEAN.

See the difference? Rather than the Skinny Cow, I should have bought about 5 boxes of the GM Fiber One 9o calorie brownies that were on sale 2 months ago!

• 8 Dux // 2015.03.03 at 1:15 am

Costco coupon books are consistent from year to year. Every February they take a 10 day break. I do agree with you though, especially taking a 10 day break in the slowest time of the year, I’ve never understood. It’s not for inventory- every store has had their winter inventory. And investment in employee training isn’t the cause since winter is a time the company encourages cutting hours

5. 9 Talk Radio // 2015.02.27 at 8:46 pm

This is one of the best sales books I’ve seen in a long time. From Poland Spring water to the Bounty, Charmin and Softsoap refill, there’s enough to be pleased about. I’m going to pick up a few bags of those Trident Fishsticks. If it’s the same one they had on sale about a year ago, the ingredients were pretty good. Trident puts out an all Ultimate all natural fishstick but I’m not sure if this is the same one. The ravioli lasagna looks great, but I’m not sure about the sodium and fat content per serving. I’m sure the Kirkland Lobster Bisque is delicious, but at 380 calories, 125 mg cholesterol(42% of the daily allowance!) and 32g fat per 8 oz serving (4 servings per container), I’ll have to stay away. If someone has the willpower to have about 4 tablespoons at a time, then it might be safe to consume. I’m not sure why Costco allows their house brand recipe to be so highly caloric. Perhaps if we all complained, they might figure out a way to make the soup healthier.

The Kirkland Signature Green Tea is also excellent. I still have some left in my box from the last sale, but I’m going to pick up another box since these sale aren’t very frequent.

On another note, I was upset to learn that Costco discontinued the excellent quality Kirkland men’s briefs. In many a forum discussion, Kirkland’s men’s underwear is among the most highly rated of all the brands.