Through January 4, 2016 there’s a special offer from Costco Auto on GM vehicles that is available when you purchase your new car from a selection of new 2015 and 2016 Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick and GMC models. Probably the best part of this deal is that you will receive the GM Supplier Pricing (less than MSRP) which is very good and much lower than you’re likely to ever get on your own, plus you can take advantage of all publicly available manufacturer rebates and incentives (which you can check for on the Costco Auto website). In addition, you will receive a Costco Cash Card for submitting a redemption claim and completing the Costco Auto Program member satisfaction survey. If you are a Gold Star or Business member you will receive a $300.00 cash card, if you are an Executive member you will receive a $700.00 cash card; at that difference it is definitely worth it to upgrade your membership to Executive level.
So, you’re probably wondering what cars qualify for this special GM deal, right? You can choose a new 2015 or 2016 vehicle from any of the following:
- Chevrolet: Cruze, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe and Volt
- Buick: Enclave, Encore, LaCrosse, Regal and Verano
- GMC: Acadia, Sierra, Terrain, Yukon and Yukon XL
- Cadillac: ATS, CTS, ELR, SRX and XTS
If you’re interested in purchasing any of these vehicles before January 4, 2016, here’s how to take advantage of the special GM pricing and make sure that you get your Costco Cash Card.
- Select an eligible, new 2015 or 2016 Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick or GMC model from the drop down at the bottom of the Costco Auto GM page.
- Click ‘Get Started’ to view vehicle details and register for the promotion.
- Once you complete the registration process, you will receive an Authorization Number and PIN, as well as the participating dealership’s contact information.
- Visit the participating dealership and provide the designated dealer contact with your Costco membership card, Authorization Number, and PIN during your purchase.
- The designated dealer contact will show you the GM Supplier Price for the vehicle you’ve selected. In addition, all publicly available manufacturer rebates and incentives that apply will also be included in your savings.
- Submit a redemption form within 30 days of your purchase.
- Once you take delivery of your vehicle and General Motors verifies your purchase, a Costco Auto Program representative will call you to complete a Costco Auto Program member satisfaction survey.
- After survey completion, you will receive your Costco Cash Card in 8 weeks.
There are a few exclusions for the special GM pricing that you should be aware of:
- This promotion is for new vehicles only.
- Offer excludes:
- (1) Factory orders, pre-owned, demonstration and loaner vehicles;
- (2) GM and GM dealership employees / family members;
- (3) Offer not compatible with GM Employee Incentives.
- Not all offers are compatible with this promotion; please see participating dealer for details.
During last year’s GM Holiday Sale, 43,400 vehicles were sold, which was more than twice the amount sold during the winter 2013 offer. Costco Auto is expecting this to be an even bigger year, estimating that they will sell more than 50,000 vehicles – a 20% increase in members taking advantage of the special GM pricing. The truck segment has proven the most popular, making up 39 percent of total sales in 2014. Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra received the most demand with more than 17,000 vehicles sold. The Chevrolet Silverado has been the biggest seller since GM and Costco Auto started this special sale in 2011. The crossover segment, came in a close second to trucks representing 35 percent of total sales.
“We’re pleased to provide our members yet another opportunity in 2015 to purchase vehicles that meet their needs while providing great value and a quality, time-saving purchasing experience at the same time,” said John Conlon, Costco Services director.
Costco Auto also has a little quiz to take if you’re looking for a new vehicle, or even just for fun: Are You Driving the Right Car? The quiz includes 10 questions about the driver’s personality to determine a vehicle recommendation from one of the four brands offered during the Holiday Sales Event. More than 600 variables will be measured to determine the outcome. You can find the quiz at Facebook.com/CostcoAuto during the sale. Here’s my result from the quiz:
You belong in a luxury vehicle. You need a car that gives you a sense of style and fits all your needs at the same time. Whether listening to self-help seminars or participating in conference calls, the luxury vehicle provides all the latest tech advances and gadgets you desire. In life, you view yourself as a success, someone who has achieved a quality of life they desire. The hardest decision will be which custom color to choose! Someone as discerning as you will shine in a Cadillac ATS, CTS, XTS, or SRX. All of these luxury vehicles are available right now with Supplier Pricing and a Costco Cash Card through the GM Holiday Sales Event.
Just for the record, it is highly unlikely that I would listen to a self-help seminar, in or out of a vehicle. 😉 It’s funny because I don’t really see myself as a Cadillac person, but maybe I am. In any case, it’s a bit of fun, so be sure to give it a try.
About Costco Auto
If you’re not familiar with it, the Costco Auto Program is a good way to get special deals and pricing on new vehicles, RVs, motorcycles, and boats for all Costco members. So, if you’re a Costco member and you’re looking to buy a new car or boat, you really should at least check out what kind of savings you can get by going through their auto program. You can also take advantage of the auto program even before you buy by using their website for researching the vehicle you want, including factory certified pre-owned vehicles, that you are interested in purchasing. After you have figured out the model that you want, you can locate the dealer nearest you that participates in the Costco Auto Program and set up an appointment to get more information, including the pre-arranged Costco price. And if you don’t think the price is right, you can always contact other dealers. Here are some of the benefits to the Costco Auto Program:
- A low, prearranged price for Costco members
- All available national manufacturer incentives
- An easy, hassle-free experience at more than 3,000 hand-selected dealerships nationwide
- Dealerships that understand the program and their processes, and feature specially trained and certified Authorized Contacts to assist Costco members