AddictedToCostco on Hiatus & a bit of Remodeling

December 14th, 2015 · 14 Comments

Just like your favourite television shows, I’ve decided to take a bit of a hiatus for the holiday season.  I just kind of need a break and this seems like a good time to take one.  But I’ll be back in the new year with all of the usual Costco news, coupons, reviews, and information.

I'm making a few changes for the new year!

I’m making a few changes for the new year!

During the last week, I have also been thinking about making a few changes around here.  I’ve been getting a lot of questions that I can’t always answer and I want to make it easier for people to get the answers they need.  Plus, I have a lot of people that like to share their views and thoughts on Costco and I can’t always fit it into my posts.  So, I’ve hit on an idea that I think (and hope) everyone here will like.  I’ve decided to add a discussion forum to AddictedToCostco.com.  This is an idea that I’ve been playing around with for a few years; I know, I know, I should have gotten it done long before now.  I just wasn’t sure that was the direction I wanted to go in though.  However, I have decided that this will give everyone the chance to share information and get questions answered most quickly.   I think this is the perfect way to make sure everyone has a place to share their thoughts and opinions about Costco.

So, to that end, I will be doing a bit of remodeling around here, obviously.  During my break I’ll be installing some software, changing the look a bit, and getting the place ready for everyone to have some friendly, Costco-loving discussions.

Have a happy holiday season and I’ll see you in January!

Quick Update:  I’ll be updating the Location information list in January.  I’ve not done it for a while but December and January typically see no new openings anyway, they usually start up with new openings around March/April.

Tags: General Share

1. 1 Eileen Cordova // 2016.08.19 at 11:09 pm

Hello! Is this blog still active? Haven’t received any notices/emails for quite some time. Hope all is well…sure enjoyed getting the great info about Costco!

2. 2 Doris // 2016.07.27 at 6:22 pm

Concerned that everything is okay. Always enjoyed your site and sad that you aren’t writing. Hoping you will be back soon. Hope you are well

3. 3 Elaine Thompson // 2016.06.22 at 11:24 am

I am admitting that I just heard of your blog today. It is now on my ‘to read everyday” blog list even if it just the comments that are available.
    The transition from AE to Citi Visa went relatively smoothly for me. We were well informed on the time schedule as it developed.
    I paid our two AE Costco accounts on the 18 and 19th, even though it took until the 21st for Citi Visa’s website to post them, I am pleased that
    previous history and billing statements appear to be available.
    That being said, I am still at a loss to understand the real reason why Costco switched to Citi Visa.

As with many others, I hope that you are well and planning on resuming a more frequent blog posting.

4. 4 linda cohen // 2016.06.21 at 3:16 pm

Would like to know when your hiatus is over. Waiting for new update on wesleychapel in florida. Have they stared construction yet.

5. 5 Linn Burdick // 2016.05.25 at 12:38 pm

What is the address of the Costco store that is being built in Kansas City north of the river?

6. 6 Donald Trump // 2016.05.20 at 7:18 am

We are going to build a wall between Costco and BJ’s, it’s gonna be uge! We are going to make Costco great again!

7. 7 Jeanette Farwell // 2016.04.13 at 10:54 am

What is the address of the new Costco in South Carolina?

• 8 Elaine Thompson // 2016.06.22 at 11:42 am

Jeanette, The SC Costco scheduled to open in August 2016 will be in the COLUMBIA, SC area.
      The other 4 in SC are in Spartanburg, Greenville, Charleston and Myrtle Beach.

8. 9 michelle // 2016.03.24 at 3:45 pm

Hello, I have a query I would like to post on the discussion board/page. I am looking for the name of a bakery that makes pita chips and various middle eastern desserts that used to travel to different costco locations up until last year. They have a delicious lemon pita chip option and I am trying to track them down. I know that the bakery itself is out of California (I want to say Los Angeles) and the bakery starts with a “R”. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

9. 10 linda cohen // 2016.02.15 at 6:30 pm

Would like updates on westchase and wesleychapel.

10. 11 Debbie St Germain // 2016.02.01 at 2:18 pm

Hope you are ok. It is February 1st. I depend on things you share!

11. 12 Rick Vanover // 2015.12.15 at 1:53 pm

@Michelle – the location update should come in January.

12. 13 Payal // 2015.12.14 at 3:40 pm

Happy holidays to you!

13. 14 michelle // 2015.12.14 at 3:08 pm

When will there be a update on locations? :)