1-Year Costco Gold Star Membership + $20 Costco Cash Card & Coupons for $55

February 4th, 2016 · 10 Comments

If you’ve been on the fence about joining Costco, now is the perfect time to get the most out of your membership.  For a short time, you can sign up for a new Costco membership through LivingSocial and get not only the Gold Star membership, but also a $20.00 Costco Cash card, as well as some really valuable coupons.  Unfortunately, this deal is only good on brand new memberships in the US, or for those that had a membership that expired before October 1, 2015.  Here are the full details:

Offer:
LivingSocial Deals!

• Offer good from February 3, 5:00am (Eastern Time) through February 10, 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
  • $55 for a 1-year Gold Star Membership
  • Includes a $20 Costco Cash Card
  • Exclusive coupons good for 3 free Kirkland Signature products:
    • AA Batteries 72-pack ($18.99 value)
    • Food Court Pizza ($9.95 value)
    • Organic Tortilla Chips ($4.99 value)
  • Plus, $25 off an order of $250 or more at Costco.com (included in coupon mailer).  The Costco.com coupon is not a Costco Cash Card. It is a coupon included in the mailer with a unique coupon code and expires August 31, 2016.

Terms:

• Promo codes do not apply to this deal.
  • Deal copy and creative must be used exactly as we have provided.
  • Valid for new members only. Not valid for those with a current Costco membership or for memberships that expired after October 1, 2015.
  • Offer valid at U.S. Costco locations only.
  • Limit 1 per customer, up to 3 additional as gifts.

How It Works

1. Complete your purchase on LivingSocial (you can get there with this link):  $55 for a Costco Wholesale Membership + Bonus $20 Costco Cash Card & Coupons through LivingSocial..
  2. Receive your voucher from LivingSocial and redeem it online.
  3. You’ll get an email with a Costco Membership Activation Certificate to print.
  4. Bring the printed certificate to your local Costco to complete your membership application.
  5. Receive your Costco Cash Card at the time of signup (new members only).
  6. Coupons will be mailed within 4 weeks of voucher redemption.

If you’ve already got a membership, but still love a deal, this would make a great gift for your friends or family that are still waffling about getting a Costco membership.

Tags: Coupons Share

1. 1 David // 2016.02.26 at 3:40 pm

FYI, the LivingSocial promotion had an un-mentioned detail. If you upgraded to Executive membership (US$110) at the time of joining, you got an ADDITIONAL $20 Costco Cash Card. So you got an Executive membership for $70 (savings reflected in Cash Card to be used at Costco).

2. 2 Tonya // 2016.02.07 at 5:03 pm

I found this article that states the AmEx/Visa switch is delayed.

3. 3 Joel // 2016.02.06 at 7:27 pm

Good to see you back. I got a mailing a few weeks back that said the Citi card would automatically be issued in March to Amex card holders and all conditions would be the same as they were with the Amex card. I received this before rumors came out in regards to the Amex extension. To be safe I’ve also quit using my Amex.

4. 4 Greg // 2016.02.04 at 2:31 pm

Hi Kimberly.

A quick thought/question since you are our expert on all things Costco. Any news on the new Costco credit card and what benefits that will be forthcoming? I haven’t received anything in the mail from Costco or Citi as to when anything will be available and what is in it for us.

Also just want to be sure that I can use my Visa at Costco come March 31 or so, whether it is the co-branded card or not. Right now I have ceased using the Amex as I plan to kill that account the moment I get my rebate-coupon later this month.

• 5 Kimberly // 2016.02.05 at 4:37 am

@Greg – As far as I know Costco and Citi have yet to release the full details or sent out mail about the new cards. I’m trying to find out more or when this information can be expected since it is less than 2 months until the switch is supposed to take place. I was really hoping that they would have had a more graceful transition, like they seemed to in Canada, but it seems like it might be much more abrupt in the US.

As soon as I find out details I will share them though.

• 6 Kimberly // 2016.02.06 at 1:47 am

@Greg – It actually looks like the transition date from AmEx to Visa is going to be extended to June or July of this year. Apparently. AmEx and Visa are still working out some transition issues.

• 7 Greg // 2016.02.06 at 4:47 pm

Many thanks for the info, Kimberly. Would be nice if Costco would communicate it too!

I’m still not going to use my Amex, though. I don’t trust that I will get any of the benefits after this point, so why bother. I rarely use cash and don’t like having it on me, so that is actually impacting whether I buy at Costco at the moment since they don’t take my other cards. Maybe I’ll order a prepaid gift card to myself on the costco site where they take Visa.

And yes, I know I don’t get any benefits using cash either, but I’m still not handing that to Amex. There may be some deal where the benefits would roll over to the new card but who knows and as pathetically poor as the communication has been I don’t trust it.

If anyone from Costco is reading this and cares, a lot of people online are saying how sorry this transition is being handled. Not sure how you can be so oblivious to the concerns of your patrons.

5. 8 Karen // 2016.02.04 at 10:04 am

WELCOME BACK! It has been a long 5 weeks without you! Thanks for everything you do for Costco and for her customers.

• 9 Greg // 2016.02.04 at 12:22 pm

Her? Costco is male!
      Otherwise it would be Costca! Haha.

Okay, lame joke. Lovely to see a post here again. Hope everyone had a good New Year.

• 10 Kimberly // 2016.02.05 at 4:35 am

@Karen – Thanks! I’m not fully back yet but this deal was quite good (and rare) so I wanted to make sure I got it posted.