Am I Something Awful?

March 23rd, 2008 · 42 Comments

Imagine my surprise when I saw a whole thread about my blog on the Something Awful forums. Ok, I’ll be honest I actually felt a little hurt and kind of sad that people would think I’m either: a) some cheap viral marketing ploy by Costco; or b) just some total nut case. I certainly don’t work for Costco, and for the record they don’t even have a full PR/marketing department from everything I’ve ever read about the company. I don’t have a marketing background even, which makes it kind of funny to me that people would assume I work for such a huge corporation as their undercover marketing person. Funny….but I do feel better about my writing skills now, I guess.

I also don’t think I’m nutty! Loving Costco isn’t wrong; it’s a great store! Like someone on the Something Awful forums posted you can get really exceptional deals on quality items from appliances to tires to clothing. And, I’d guess from the amount of people interested in reading my blog posts that there are a lot of other people that really love going to Costco and enjoy getting their good deals.

So, sorry all you conspiracy theory folks at Something Awful I really am just some chick that just loves Costco. 🙂

Tags: General Share

1. 1 Kimberly // 2008.07.11 at 7:26 am

You’re definitely on to something with the dating network! Just as long as no one decides to get married in the frozen food section or something. Even I’m not that in love with Costco!

2. 2 mike // 2008.07.11 at 1:55 am

Kim – I can tell you are for real because you are just like many of our other loyal and enthusiastic members. They visit often (1-3 times a week or more) and rave to their friends. It’s the word of mouth that makes us successful. Some members come in just to socialize! Maybe you should start a Costco dating network. Ooo I think I just had an idea!

3. 3 Kimberly // 2008.03.27 at 8:21 am

Let me reiterate, I will remove any comments that contain sketchy language or just don’t add anything of value to the discussion.

4. 4 lol // 2008.03.26 at 9:51 pm

– Comment Removed by Kimberly-

5. 5 Cosco_Fan_69_2008KEKEKE^_^ // 2008.03.26 at 4:20 am

Actually, I clicked on the thread because I am retarded about Costco too. Basically me and my brother drive there more than 3 times a week just to eat free samples. We call it “free sample prime time.” We think we’re being crafty, but instead we get suckered into buying a ridiculous amount of stuff that we don’t need. Actually, I buy it, he eats it. I have seriously bought gallons of Juice Squeeze’s, they are such a good deal. But seriously, I wish I could get all the time and money I spent on Costco back. Kinda. OH MAN! their Potstickers are good too!

6. 6 Dan Lacey // 2008.03.26 at 1:00 am

You can’t beat Costco’s name-brand prices. I buy a one gallon container of Kraft Mayonnaise from Costco every week.

My reasons are my own.

7. 7 Lowtax // 2008.03.25 at 9:47 pm

– Comment Removed by Kimberly –

8. 8 Gina // 2008.03.25 at 5:05 pm

Think about one of three ways:

1) All blogs get “haters” eventually.

OR

2) You must be popular if they even found you TO “hate.”

OR

3) They clearly have no life and so spend their hours b*tching about other people and things not of their concern.

9. 9 betaObsession // 2008.03.24 at 9:43 pm

– Comment Removed by Kimberly –

10. 10 LOWTAX HERE // 2008.03.24 at 6:30 pm

– Comment Removed by Kimberly –

11. 11 Anime Horse // 2008.03.24 at 6:16 pm

– Comment Removed by Kimberly –

12. 12 Spokker // 2008.03.24 at 5:58 pm

There are worse things to be obsessed with than Costco, like having sex with children.

13. 13 Kimberly // 2008.03.24 at 4:31 pm

It’s ok, I’ve got the number memorized & even a back-up card at the ready.

14. 14 Jewjogger // 2008.03.24 at 4:28 pm

It’s okay.. We’re here to help you.

What you have is an addiction; we’ll help you get through this. Just give me your Costco card.

15. 15 Big Fat Guy // 2008.03.24 at 3:54 pm

Welcome to Costco…I love you…
    Welcome to Costco…I love you…
    Welcome to Costco…I love you…
    Welcome to Costco…I love you…
    Welcome to Costco…I love you…
    Welcome to Costco…I love you…

16. 16 Jon // 2008.03.24 at 3:13 pm

All I want for Christmas is a PSP

… from Costco

17. 17 Kimberly // 2008.03.24 at 2:16 pm

Thanks, RP, glad that I’ve passed the real live girl test! 🙂

The reason I started my blog was because I had so many friends that kept asking me what I liked or bought at Costco (one even wanted me to take her on a tour of our local Costco store) that I figured it was easier to write about it in a centralized place.

And thanks for all of the traffic! 🙂