Reusable Bags from Costco

July 31st, 2008 · 11 Comments

I mentioned the great reusable bags that you can now get from Costco in my This Week at Costco, Feb 5 2008  post.  However, I didn’t go into quite as much great detail as a post that I came across recently on Kalyn’s Kitchen blog

If you haven’t gotten a set of these yet, you really should.  I can’t believe how much easier they make  bringing home our stuff from Costco.  What is most remarkable, is that no matter how much stuff we buy, we rarely have a problem fitting it in the three bags.  It’s like they are the clown car of reusable bags!  Usually, we just end up using two, but I always keep all three in the car, just in case.  One of the bags is a cooler type bag, all foily lined, that will actually keep your fridge and freezer items cold while you drive home (if you have very far to go and it is hot out, you might want to get a real cooler though).  As is mentioned in Kalyn’s post, they are really easy to carry, even with a full load  of heavy stuff, because of the two shorter handles.  The handles are even comfortable in your hand when you have the bags completely loaded with really heavy stuff.  Much easier than any cardboard box will ever be on your hands.  We end up using them no matter what grocery store we go to so we can stop bringing home the plastic bags.  Better for the environment & better for you, too!  And this marvelous set of reusable bags will set you back less than $5.00.

Tags: Costco in Blogs · General Share

1. 1 Russel Lehto // 2014.06.08 at 5:56 pm

Where can I buy those plastic meat bags that are on all the meat racks in Costco?

2. 2 Sue // 2014.02.03 at 12:09 pm

where can you buy these bags? They are NOT available in the Chicagoland area and we have been looking for them for what seems like forever. Are they available on line somewhere?

3. 3 Christine // 2013.10.23 at 5:14 pm

I love these bags as well. I can’t find them in the stores. I gave them to all my friends for Christmas. I moved and used them for moving all my clothes. I use them for fire wood, grocery shopping…EVERYTHING!!! Bring back the Costco bags!!!

4. 4 Liz // 2011.02.13 at 9:36 pm

I saw the bags in the Issaquah store a couple of weeks ago. They were back by the paper goods and come in a package of 3. I mail a lot of packages to my grandkids and use them to “carry” the boxes into the post office. I just used them yesterday and a lady behind me in line said it gave her some great ideas for using her bags!

5. 5 Dan // 2010.10.29 at 2:14 pm

Costco discontinued these bags due to insufficient sales…how could that be? These bags rock! Anyway, I was at IKEA and they sell for $0.59 the EXACT same bag in plain, unpainted blue tarp material!!! HALLEHLUIA! For the love of God, I’m not a spammer, nor do I work at IKEA, but the fact that Costco had the gaul to discontinue this bag I was so excited to find that the bags are still made and sold elsewhere…I wanted to share with others who were also bummed about Costco’s regretful decision. Spread the word!

6. 6 Lauren // 2010.01.16 at 6:32 pm

I absolutely love the costco bags. They were great when I moved and even when doing laundry. I got 3 packs of them and now can’t find them. I lost one of the bags already along the way. I have gotten so many compliments on them. I even use one for my crocheting projects. They are great

7. 7 Kimberly // 2008.08.02 at 7:49 am

I think the last time I saw them for sale in the store was a couple of weeks ago, maybe 3 weeks even. I did notice that our store now sells a different cooler bag too. It’s more substantial and somewhat like the ones that Sam’s Club sells with the zipper and kind of puffy outside.

It would be a shame if they totally stopped selling the nice reusable bags though. Of course, maybe they were just having a problem with their manufacturer. Hopefully, they’ll be back soon!

8. 8 Clue // 2008.08.02 at 4:41 am

We’ve been using these for about 8 months now and just love them. I’ve started to sue them for all kinds of shopping in other stores to.

Have you actually seen them in the stores lately though? I’ve been looking for more of them the past 3-4 months without success. Last time I used mine, the cashier did what most of them do: went to scan them and stopped and asked if they were mine. But this time, the sacker said, “I don’t even think we sell those anymore!”

When I expressed an interest in buying more, she asked someone else, who agreed they haven’t sold them “for a while now.”

I sure hope that’s temporary!

9. 9 Kimberly // 2008.08.01 at 1:48 pm

The Costco bags are pretty decently sized at 12″ deep x 20.5″ long x 14″ tall. I know I’ve seen the Ikea bags before but I’m not sure how their dimensions compare. Either way, it’s just nice that people are have started to use the reusable bags, I think.

10. 10 Jeff // 2008.08.01 at 11:36 am

I havent seen those Costco bags pop up in my neck of the woods, but they look fantastic.

If you have an Ikea near you, I’m a big fan of their big huge blue bags for Costco. Its hard to say from the pictures I’ve seen, but the Ikea bags are considerably larger which works for me, since I can handle the larger load on my shoulders without much trouble. And at 60 cents a piece, they’re a good deal, if a tad unfashionable.

11. 11 Kalyn // 2008.07.31 at 9:28 pm

You’re not the only one who’s addicted to Costco. Thanks for the spotlight on my post. I love those bags!