Costco Food Court Nutritional Information

May 13th, 2009 · 113 Comments

The other day someone posted a comment looking for some nutritional (specifically, calories) information for a couple of the Costco food court items.  Since I didn’t have the information, I asked our friends at the Costco online Customer Service team if they had any information they could send me.  They totally came through with a very helpful PDF that lists the complete nutritional and allergen information for 26 items that are served in their food court area.

The nutritional data sheet was last updated almost a year ago now, July 2008.  And of course, your food court most likely doesn’t have all 26 items on this list.  For instance, I know that my Austin Costco does not have french fries (thankfully).  And where do they have Italian Sausage Sandwiches?  In any case, this PDF has lots and lots of helpful information if you’re trying to watch your calories or just like to know what you’re eating, nutritionally speaking.  Like, who knew that the hot dog or Polish sausage had somewhere between 540 – 570 calories? No wonder they can fill you up like a meal, huh?  If you’re looking for low calorie, the Fruit Smoothie with just 290 calories, really is the best bet.

Tags: Food Share

1. 1 Jacy // 2012.02.02 at 10:57 am

The poutine is about 1900 calories 🙂
    I asked one day and they have (at our location in Ancaster Ontario) a binder with this information in it.
    I am wondering if anyone else’s location has the Apple Pecan Chcken salad with Balsamic dressing.
    What do we think its values are? Hate to sacrifice afew fries for a better alt, if the alt is high also ! LOL It is after all supposed to feel like a treat !

Great thread ! Thanks for sharing !

2. 2 Costco Food Court: Eat This, Not That | The Tasty Island // 2012.01.07 at 1:21 am

[…] giant-sized hot dog, hoping I made a nutritionally wiser choice.  Only to discover upon looking it up online the other night that this jacked-up salad has more calories, total fat, cholesterol and sodium than […]

3. 3 samantha // 2012.01.01 at 6:33 pm

Does anyone know how many calories are in the big choccolate fudge cake from costco or how many are in one serving? and if you know how many are in just one serving how many servings does that include? thanks

4. 4 Catherine // 2011.11.28 at 4:14 pm

Thanks for posting this Kimberly. I know it’s kind of old, but it’s still helpful. I’ve been on Weight Watchers for 5 years and have always counted the slice of cheese pizza as 12 points (two slices of cheese pizza) – now I know it’s 19 (ouch)!!! But the good news is that I’d rather have pepperoni, and it’s only 16 (woo-hoo)! I’m going to Costco tonight and planned on having my slice of pizza, however I think I’ll try to get my boyfriend to split a hot dog and a slice of pizza for 14 points instead!

5. 5 Kate // 2011.10.29 at 1:59 pm

I work at Costco in Canada and a lot of these items we don’t offer at the food court in my warehouse. The Cheese pizza has three different types of cheese on it, where the pepperoni has only mozza. The deli, bakery and the food court do have a list of nutritional info for all items that they PREPARE, so if you’re getting a packaged dressing with your salad (I know we give Renee’s Balsamic vinegrette with our Chicken pecan apple salad), then you’ll have to contact Renee’s as a company for any info not listed on the dressing packaging. We offer Poutine (french fries topped with Gouda cheese curds and Gravy) and i believe it’s a 9 or 11 ounce serving of JUST fries, it’s the equivalent of eating 2 of KFC’s double down sandwiches (chicken and bacon pressed between 2 pieces of breaded fried chicken). Yes our items are not the healthiest for you but you have to say they are damn tasty! If you only eat there on occasion, then you really needn’t worry so much about the fat and calorie content and just enjoy your treat 🙂

6. 6 Rob Brown // 2011.10.03 at 10:19 pm

Well all nuts (including almonds) are high in fat, so I would think the almonds have a lot to do with it. But the kind of fat in nuts is mostly healthy (not saturated) fat. That is why 37 of the 65 grams of the fat in this treat are not saturated fat. Most of the rest of the fat is in the ice cream itself. But nuts are also very calorie dense. I happen to love those ice cream bars also. On the rare occasion that I get one, I always skip a meal that day to make up for all those extra calories!

7. 7 Glen // 2011.10.03 at 8:15 pm

After reading all of these posts, can’t find one that talks about my favorite food in the court… the chocolate dipped ice cream bar rolled in almonds. Have to say I will make an excuse to go to Costco just to savor one of these. However, my tune may be changing as a result of this nutritional list. I’m very surprised at the 65 grams of fat for this “special” treat. Does anyone know if the chocolate has any oil in it? This being the highest fat count of all food items, it would seem the fat is hiding somewhere. Any educated guesses?

8. 8 Sandra // 2011.09.25 at 12:40 pm

the churros almost vegan, no milk (and hopefully no lard) but it does have eggs. Too bad. 🙁

9. 9 joey // 2011.09.24 at 1:14 pm

thats true. alot of it does come from the dressing more than the chicken and the cheese. because it also has cheese which im sure adds up slightly as well.

10. 10 Beau // 2011.09.21 at 8:16 pm

Much of the sodium and calories for the salad is in the dressing. The chicken has some sodium to it, but use less dressing.

11. 11 joey // 2011.09.21 at 3:07 pm

once in a while one slice of pepperoni pizza will not kill you. one slice normally fills me up and i never really get anything to drink, i always stick to water.

12. 12 joey // 2011.09.21 at 3:05 pm

the most shocking part for me was seeing how much sodium the chicken ceasar salad has………..that is fucked up, and the amount of calories as well. you would think that a salad……..nevermind. your better off making your own salad at home, and its so easy. the slice pepperoni pizza i thought would be worse, but they are big slices, so to me its really not that bad. id rather have that over the salad. good lord.

13. 13 Lynn // 2011.08.13 at 12:53 pm

Hi,
    I was wondering what the ingredients in the mocha freezes are?

14. 14 david i // 2011.08.07 at 8:32 pm

I was wondering the same thing about the cheese pizza vs the others…It honestly doesnt look lie they put more cheese on the cheese pizza. It looks lie the pepperoni is a cheese pizza slice topped with peperoni. then again, if that were the case, they would not charge a flat rate of 1.99 per slice…haha i always thought i got a good deal being able to get peperoni for the same price, but of course they had me beat in the brains department hahah.

unbelievable how a slice is 700!!!! i thought they were 350. haha i go there and eat 2 slices and refill my soda cup 3 timess mminimum that;s a 2000 calorie meal!!! im a weightlifter trying to gain weight, so im happy with this news haha.

a lot of food for only 1.99 hahaha

15. 15 Rob Brown // 2011.07.29 at 4:39 pm

I actually asked that exact same question here a while back . A Costco food court employee answered and said that it is because they put a lot more cheese on the cheese pizza than the others, hence the higher calories.

16. 16 Jon // 2011.07.29 at 3:33 pm

How is it that cheese pizza is more than pepperoni and combo? 0.O

17. 17 Susan // 2011.07.27 at 7:50 pm

I have been wondering about the information on the cheese pizza so I went and bought one yesterday. If you buy a whole pizza they cut it into 12 slices. If you purchase a slice, the pizza has only been cut into 6 pieces.

I then took the information on grams for a slice and it came out to 2 slices of the bought pizza, which would be one slice if bought by itself. Now it all makes sense.

18. 18 Naomi // 2011.07.26 at 9:45 am

Not totally food court but does anyone know if the costcos large unsliced standard salamis contain milk? I am trying to track down what my 6yr old, milk intolerant, son is eating that is upsetting his tummy. Unfortunately I no longer have the label off the salami but I have heard that a lot of salami contains milk. Does anyone know?

19. 19 Kate // 2011.04.11 at 12:04 pm

I also work at a Costco food court and we always talk about how much money Costco would lose if they posted the nutritional information for the food they sell. If you are interested all the food courts have (or are supposed to have) the most updated print out of nutritional information. I know at our Costco we recently changed brands of both our hot dogs (From hebrew national to costcos kirkland signature which are higher in calorie and also not kosher) and changed our sauce make up (from a premade sauce to a concentrate that we dilute ourselves), so the nutritional information can change from time to time. But sadly, the cheese pizza really does have 700 calories and the turkey wrap 800. Granted I’ve never been able to eat a whole wrap one myself, so really 400 calories for a very filling lunch isn’t horrible. The other contributing factor to the pizza (besides the ridiculous amount of cheese) and chicken bake is the dough gets slathered in olive oil while it’s rising. So a lot of the oil gets absorbed into the dough and cooked with the food.

• 20 Kimberly // 2011.04.16 at 3:43 am

I’m going to try to get updated nutritional information for the food court since mine is a couple of years old at this point.

20. 21 Laverne // 2011.04.06 at 8:14 am

wow, thank you allll sooo much for this info…..good thing I looked before going to Costco today….I figured it out to 19 Weight Watcher points for one cheese slice of pizza…not worth it….noty even close to worth it.

21. 22 val // 2011.04.03 at 7:22 pm

Strange….there isn’t nutritional facts for the Poutine….
    Next time I go to Costco, I don’t think I’m going to eat as many fries, they’re 870 calories with 45g fat!!! :O

22. 23 Beau // 2011.03.07 at 10:42 pm

Is it the Asian chicken wraps from the deli in the back, or something you are buying at the cafe?

23. 24 Lee C // 2011.03.07 at 5:25 pm

Hey People, since this is about Costco food I may as well post… I love those chicken wraps in tortilla things. You also get the salad in the same dish, my question is about the little tub of sauce that comes with it, peachy in colour and it has a cheese taste to it. Does anyone know the specific name of this since it doesn’t tell you on the packaging. I’ve looked everywhere but can’t find it, or even something similar. Is it maybe Costco’s own recipe or something?

24. 25 Rob Brown // 2011.03.03 at 11:37 am

Thanks so much to Beau and Miranda Pierce for explaining how the Costco pepperoni pizza actually has less carories and fat than the cheese pizza. I get it now and it makes sense. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.

25. 26 Miranda Pierce // 2011.03.03 at 2:07 am

I work in the food court and those turkey wraps were high calorie. It’s not just the mayo, it’s the tortilla and the two slices of havarti cheese. I imagine the sodium has to come from the turkey. We did cut them in half and most people liked to share them.

As for the pizza, a whole 18 inch cheese has 24 oz of cheese on it, where as the other pizzas only have 14 oz. For the cheese pizza you’re looking at 4 oz of cheese per slice putting you at 400 calories from just the cheese.

A lot of the items are heavy on bread and cheese. When you break it down and add it up, it makes sense.