Costco Locations

Wondering when Costco will be making it to a location near you? I’ve got a list of all upcoming store openings, at least the ones that I’m aware of or the ones that have official opening dates from Costco.

New Locations: (Updated 2016.03.16)
Official Opening Dates from Costco:
PATTERSON, NEW YORK November 2017
GLEN COVE, NEW YORK November 2017
 Still Just Rumours or in Very Early Planning:
EPPING, VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA ** 2016?? – Haven’t started building yet **
AUBURN, CALIFORNIA** Back in discussions**
MEDFORD, OREGON – Relocation Early 2016
SASKATOON, SASKATCHEWAN, CANADA 2016??
OTTAWA, CANADA – Relocation 2016??
MIDLAND/ODESSA, TEXAS 2016??
JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA 2016??
ALBANY, NEW YORK 2016??
COLUMBUS, GEORGIA 2016??
JACKSON, MISSISSIPPI Uncertain – Scouting for New Location
REDDING, CALIFORNIA** Uncertain now – Looking for a new location?
CORPUS CHRISTI, TEXAS Looks Unlikely Now
Uncertain opening dates and/or locations. Any possible location marked with “??” means that this location is still just a rumour at this point.
Any possible location marked with “**” means that this location has been recently added to the list or information for it has been updated.
Visit the Costco website for locations of existing warehouses near you.

Regular Hours: Costco US
Monday – Friday 10:00 am – 8:30 pm
Saturday 9:30 am – 6:00 pm
Sunday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Hours for some Costco US locations vary, so you should double check the hours for your location at the Costco.com locations webpage.

Regular Hours: Costco Canada
Monday – Friday 10:00 am – 8:30 pm
Saturday 9:30 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday – Québec and Ottawa 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Sunday 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sunday – Saint John 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Hours for some Costco Canada locations vary, so you should double check the hours for your location at the Costco.ca locations webpage.

Regular Hours: Costco UK
Trade Members: Monday – Friday 10:00 am – 8:30 pm
Individual Members: Monday – Friday 12:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Saturday 9:30 am – 6:30 pm
Sunday 11:00 am – 5:00 pm

Regular Hours: Costco Australia
Monday – Friday 10:00 am – 8:30 pm
Saturday 9:30 am – 6:30 pm
Sunday 10:00 am – 5:00 pm

Have you been to a recently opened location? If so, post a comment and share your thoughts!

3,544 Comments

3,544 Responses so far ↓

1. 1 JP // 2012.10.05 at 8:13 am

Moved from San Diego a couple of years ago to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and we are going through Costco withdrawal symptoms. We actually drive down to your Grafton, WI. location as often as we can, but it would sure be nice to see a Costco in Appleton or Green Bay. You would certainly draw a lot of Packer fans from all over the area to Costco. Packer fans that currently use Wal-Mart and are dying to see a Costco within at least a 2 hour drive. I don’t see any planned openings up there but Appleton would be a perfect town for you to locate. It is still a 2.5 hour drive for us, but well worth it. Help us Obi-Wan-Costco…you are our only hope…

2. 2 Joey Smith // 2012.10.03 at 9:05 am

Will be moving to the villages / Ocala Florida area in the next five years. Is there long term planning of Costco locating there?

3. 3 Kimberly // 2012.10.03 at 2:37 am

The Wheaton, MD location’s grand opening has been delayed from the original October 18, 2012 date. They haven’t set a new opening date but I’ve read that the problem is with cracking in the floor and that sounds like something that could take a while to fix properly. But the delay is not caused by the gas station situation. You can read the tiny little story about it here: http://wheaton-md.patch.com/articles/wheaton-costco-opening-delayed

4. 4 Bruce // 2012.10.02 at 12:12 am

Rumors in cache valley utah….anyone know if its true???

5. 5 Gramma // 2012.10.01 at 5:21 pm

We are in Farragut, TN and it is raining off and on but the work continues. Parking lot is a disaster but coming along…..

6. 6 Steph // 2012.10.01 at 7:05 am

So is the Costco in Fargo really opening Oct 23? I’m from winnipeg but am planning to go down in the next couple of weeks, but want to make sure I just go when the new one is open. The sooner the better 🙂

• 7 Greg // 2012.10.01 at 4:30 pm

It’s only 3 weeks away and still listed as the 23rd on Costco’s website, bank on it.

• 8 Kristi // 2012.10.13 at 6:22 pm

The West Fargo Costco is expected to open on time. I know because my husband works there. 🙂

7. 9 Jeff // 2012.09.30 at 9:59 pm

Can someone provide me with a list of Costco locations around Rochester, NY ?
    When I search (from Canada) the Costco website (.com and .ca), it always just show Canadian locations.

• 10 Kimberly // 2012.10.01 at 7:32 am

@Jeff – That’s because the nearest Costco locations to Rochester are all in Canada.

8. 11 RB // 2012.09.30 at 7:47 am

Please please please consider a store in Mt. Juliet Tennessee. We need you!

9. 12 Andie // 2012.09.29 at 10:28 am

I read in the Wheaton Patch that the Grand Opening of the Wheaton location has been delayed and will not be 10/18 as planned due to construction issues. Any idea when it will be opening?

• 13 Kimberly // 2012.09.30 at 6:10 am

@Andie – The only information I have is still saying October 18th as the Wheaton opening day.

10. 14 julee armstrong // 2012.09.28 at 1:06 pm

What about Idaho Falls or Ammon, ID? There were rumors in March about that. How is it panning out?

11. 15 Linda Nix Juhola // 2012.09.27 at 9:00 am

Any news on Costco coming to Evansville Indiana…..It would be welcome like Santa at Christmas, all year long! One has to travel many a mile to get to a Costco Mecca from there! Please Costco….check it out, the market would be great for you.

• 16 Penny // 2012.10.03 at 2:12 pm

I too wish Costco would come to Evansville. We have had access to a Costco since we joined in 1994 until coming to Western KY in 2011. I MISS MY COSTCO!!! Sams is no comparison. Have submitted Evansville to Costco as a possible expansion area and sure hope they consider it within the next year or two.

12. 17 Linda Nix Juhola // 2012.09.27 at 8:55 am

People, People, there’s a gold mine in Evansville Indiana for Costco…….get there! The market is just right for you….Come on Costco. We’re waiting for you!

13. 18 John // 2012.09.26 at 8:22 pm

PB, I’ve heard too that they are looking at opening up to 2 locations in south Calgary in the near future. It’s definately needed here, the South Calgary location is one of the busiest Costco’s in the world and is busier than ever now when I shop there so 2 additional locations would definately ease the conjestion.

As for a little further north, West Edmonton opens next month, looks like St.Albert just north of Edmonton is slated for next year as listed above and in talking to one of the staff here in Calgary transferring to the new West Edmonton location, Leduc just south of Edmonton is scheduled for the following year after St.Albert (2014). Exciting times here in Alberta.

14. 19 PB // 2012.09.24 at 10:10 pm

There is a new Costco coming in the deep south Calgary, Alberta, Canada near the new South Health Campus Hospital. They’ve owned land there for several years. Last I heard they were just trying to solve a water table issue there then they were building the Costco. I’m a vendor for Costco and the managers have been talking about this store since before the one in Okotoks, Alberta had opened.

15. 20 Henk // 2012.09.19 at 11:38 pm

Once again Rumours merge that Costco is planning to build in Castlegar B.C.

16. 21 Teri // 2012.09.19 at 2:51 pm

Would like to know if you are going to come to Thunder Bay Ontario. I have heard about the possibility in the past but nothing has happened so far. You must try harder!

17. 22 Ashleigh // 2012.09.19 at 10:49 am

I was wondering where you got your information on a late 2013 opening in Wichita, KS. Everything I’ve read has just been speculation. They’ve been talking about a potential Costco in Wichita for years, but nothing has been set in stone. I really want one to open there because my husband is a manager at the Costco in Lone Tree, Cokorado and we want to move to Wichita to be closer to family. So far, it doesn’t look like we’ll get to move anytime soon. In any case, if you’ve heard anything more concrete than me, I’d live to know your source!! Thanks!

• 23 Kimberly // 2012.09.20 at 6:11 am

@Ashleigh – I wrote about that in my recent August Location News Updates: http://addictedtocostco.com/2012/08/30/august-2012-locations-update/. The rumour seems to have a bit more substance to it now. Still no word from Costco officially, but that never comes until they are practically building.

• 24 Chris Antonucci // 2012.09.20 at 11:47 am

Kimberly,
        I just moved to New Orleans,La. I saw that you had a new Costco opening up here in Summer 2013. My brother who I live with showed me the proposed site near where I live.
        Do you know when & where I will be able to apply for employment ? Great site-keep up the good work!
        Chris Antonucci

18. 25 Robb // 2012.09.18 at 11:18 am

I have heard possibly a location in Minot, ND. Has anyone heard this and if so can you confirm?

19. 26 Sue // 2012.09.16 at 1:28 am

I heard talk of a Costco being built in the Sandpoint/Ponderay area.

• 27 Ron // 2012.09.16 at 8:55 pm

My wife and I heard the same thing while in Sandpoint for the Injectors Car Club Show and Shine on Saturday the 15th.

Apparently, the store location is “where the old Llama farm was”. No info on timing was mentioned.

The source was a lady from Bonners Ferry whose husband’s car was parked next to ours.

Real or ? . . . your guess is as good as mine.

20. 28 Sherri // 2012.09.15 at 8:40 am

Rumor has it that Costco will be building a new store in or near Katy, Texas. Has anyone else heard that? If so, where?

21. 29 Todd // 2012.09.14 at 2:22 am

Kam I havent heard of any hiring, probably be early Nov. before any seasonal hiring is going on. As far as Sarasota goes I would be surprised if opened before the holidays. More likely to be around Jan/ February at the soonest. But will try to find more out.

• 30 Vince // 2012.09.14 at 8:25 pm

The Sarasota, FL store opened on August 17

22. 31 mike // 2012.09.13 at 9:58 pm

Ive heard local rumors about a Costco opening up in Minot north Dakota. Do you know any thing about this?

23. 32 Gramma // 2012.09.13 at 1:15 pm

Todd,
    Do you know if
    this new Sarasota location be closer to I-75?

• 33 Todd // 2012.09.13 at 2:00 pm

Gramma didn’t say where it would be.

24. 34 Todd // 2012.09.13 at 1:03 pm

From what u heard this morning they have a fast track set up for a second building in Sarasota, Fl, I guess with the membership rollout the had over the summer for the first building they are now going to add a second and have already named a GM for it. Also to open by years end, wether that’s true or not haven’t heard.

• 35 Kamy // 2012.09.13 at 9:09 pm

Todd, are they doing any hiring in Orlando right now? Also, any more info on another Sarasota store would be appreciated. Sorry to hear you didnt get Farragut. Seems a tough time to get in, or back in, right now.

25. 36 tim // 2012.09.13 at 11:43 am

JC we actually knew someone who was transfering to work in the office at this location. If you are in knoxville go by the trailer they are setup in there taking apps right now.

tim